Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Bathing/Cleaning my puppy

simplythebest
Novice

Jul 9, 2005, 8:57 AM

Post #1 of 3 (584 views)
Shortcut
Bathing/Cleaning my puppy Can't Post

Is my first time having a puppy, he's with me for about a month. And I bath him like 4 times so far.

I'm sure that I didn't bath him clean, especially his legs and paws. Unsure

I don't really know how to clean his ears and eyes, i once went to this dog clinic, the doctor use this white cotton, what kind of white cotton is that? where can be bought?

He's hairy, and I don't really know how to completely dry his body. Unsure

Is there any animal pets shop, vets or clinic that provide puppy/dog bathing services? I'm at Klang area, don't mind around SJ area as well since I hangout there quite often.

I feel bad and heart pain when I looked at him biting/scratching his whole body. Unsure

Thanks.

michilly
Dog Kichi

Jul 11, 2005, 5:51 PM

Post #2 of 3 (560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simplythebest] Bathing/Cleaning my puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! I'm not expert here but can share how I clean my little baby... she is an ACS,... so very furry too.

I shower her weekly and dry her with a hairdryer... she hated that initially, but now she pretty kwai... just stand there and let me dry. On a daily basis, I'll wipe her (butt and feet) with a damp cloth (she sleeps with me in my room so need her to stay pretty clean). I'll also wipe her each time she pees and of course if I'm at home then... otherwise, wipe at end of day when I get home.

Also, daily and sometime alternate day (depends how sleepy I am after work), I'll comb her hair 'cos it's pretty prone to getting tangled!

Every alternate day, I clean her ears using some plain cotton (I just bought a whole lot of makeup removing cotton from guardian.. hehe) and this ear cleaning liquid which I bought from a pet store... can't remember the name Unsure... can check it out for you when I get home!

My girl used to scratch quite a bit when I first got her... but then I put her on salmon omega... seems to help her skin.

Hope this helps!

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jul 11, 2005, 10:11 PM

Post #3 of 3 (554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simplythebest] Bathing/Cleaning my puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

well, my dog figo, loves scratching his body even after bath... n he starts losing fur too... so we brought him to the vet lor, n vet told us he has skin infection (mange)... so if ur dog keep on scratching his body even after bath, pls bring him to the vet...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my