german sherpard

wong_fui
Novice

Jul 4, 2005, 4:38 AM

Post #1 of 23 (13616 views)
Shortcut
german sherpard Can't Post

hello!!!!!

Is it really so difficult to locate GSD breeder ah??I am dead serious of getting a pup, you know.Please help....

Thanks a lot!Tongue

ACJ
Novice

Jul 4, 2005, 5:43 AM

Post #2 of 23 (13585 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wong_fui] german sherpard [In reply to] Can't Post

Try http://classifieds.thestar.com.my/...rs&cat_desc=Pets

GERMAN SHEPHERD Dog puppies. German working bloodlines. Very big & strong puppies. Pure black. High drive & good temperament. 016-595 5943 / 03-7781 0448 2/7/2005

tlai1
Novice

Sep 29, 2005, 9:41 PM

Post #3 of 23 (13454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ACJ] german sherpard [In reply to] Can't Post

I live in Johor Bahru and looking for German Sherperd puppy.

I hve a wonderful memories with my GSD while I was young and I want to repeat the same atmophere and feeling together with my kids now.

I went to few pet shop (only a limited of them) and can't find a suitable one. I know that most forumer would suggest to go stright to the breeder instead, but the problem I hv is where I can find the contact for the breeder in the JB area. Also I prefer to go and see the pet myself.

Thanks

TL

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2005, 10:18 PM

Post #4 of 23 (13450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tlai1] german sherpard [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi tlai1,

I from JB as well, if U r interested in getting a GSD, U can try contacting Mr Peter Kong (013-7732228 / 019-7132228) or Mr Francis if U speak english (012-7389903), they do occasionally have a litter.

In fact U can chk out their dogs first coz they train almost everyday near Kg Seelong, u can chk wt them for the direction.

BTW for your info, they only breed workingline GSD so if it is your cup of tea, I would suggest U give them a ring , I m also sure when u see the dogs in training, u will see the diff bewteen a showline and a workingline GSD.

have fun

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

colinchin
Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2005, 10:32 PM

Post #5 of 23 (13445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] german sherpard [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2005, 7:55 AM

Post #6 of 23 (13420 views)
Shortcut

polluxx,
Where hv u been? Wink
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Sep 30, 2005, 8:06 AM)

tlai1
Novice

Oct 3, 2005, 9:07 PM

Post #7 of 23 (13387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] german sherpard [In reply to] Can't Post

I went to the Kg Seeong last weekend and the dog training was an was a eyeopening for me and my family. The black GSD is truly a working group and I can sense much strong feel about this breed of dog. I have a much higher respect for the GSD breed now than before and I will defintely considering the GSD very carefully and I do appreciate for the information given by Polluxx.

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2005, 10:35 PM

Post #8 of 23 (13352 views)
Shortcut

Hi tlai,

I am glad U like what U saw. BTW for info I was over there as well last weekend wt a fren, I was the helper doing the "short" version of run-away exercise towards the end. Wink

Anyway hope to see U there again.

Cheers

tlai1
Novice

Oct 7, 2005, 11:13 PM

Post #9 of 23 (13314 views)
Shortcut

Polluxx

Okay, if my guess is right, you are wearing white that day and the only one who dares to help on the training. Truly I like the dog very much, but the waiting queue for the puppy is way too long for me. I will have to skip this black GSD...but to look for the normal type.

The problem I hv is after much researching the GSD about the heredity hip issue, haemophilia, I am very skeptical in getting one from pet shop...and price I got varies. How do we know if the parents haa a good hip score....and whether I am paying the right price or not...etc

Do you know anyone else that has the GSD puppy for sale?

colinchin
Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2005, 11:37 PM

Post #10 of 23 (13309 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Polluxx

Okay, if my guess is right, you are wearing white that day and the only one who dares to help on the training. Truly I like the dog very much, but the waiting queue for the puppy is way too long for me. I will have to skip this black GSD...but to look for the normal type.

The problem I hv is after much researching the GSD about the heredity hip issue, haemophilia, I am very skeptical in getting one from pet shop...and price I got varies. How do we know if the parents haa a good hip score....and whether I am paying the right price or not...etc

Do you know anyone else that has the GSD puppy for sale?

Hello tlai1,

Good to hear that you went there to have a look at the dogs. What are you specifically looking at ? Showline or working dog ? Is there any budget (price) within yourself ? As for any health check for any inherent genetic defects, it is best you check with the breeders concerned when you meet up.

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2005, 9:29 PM

Post #11 of 23 (13252 views)
Shortcut

Hi tlai,

Yup...that's me alrite...!! unfortunately the the original helper was away, if not U would have seen a much better exercise !!

I have to agree that GSD has problems wt hips & haemophillia, now having said when it comes to choosing for a GSD , I will still stick to the workinline GSD, the reason being ;

a.) there are studies suggesting excessive slope back & crouching hind quarters (as seen in the showline) are thought to be associated wt increased in the chances of getting HD (e.g. Verryn - South Africa 1985).

Since HD is polygenic in nature, U will see it in both showline & workingline, however since it is also heritable in nature, selection breeding by testing the dogs rigorously (thru x-ray & strict Schutzhund exercise) as done by workingline breeders will means better chance of success.

b.) As for haemophillia or commonly refer as haemophillia A (Factor VII deficiency), I have only this to say avoid the ""stupid showline"" .....almost 99.99% haemophillia case can be traced back via the female line to Canto vd Wienarau (1968). After so many years of silence, SV has finally admitted to this mistake since. However since Canto was very much promoted by the Martin during his reign as SV president ....so the poblem it is still in the genepool esp in the showline where his line was heavily used. Incident of Haemophillia is very much less in the workingline as he was not prefer by the working breeders as he was deemed to be a softie.

Basically what I am trying to point out here is your concern for the genetic problem in GSD is understandable but there is no way of knowing if U r getting a puppy(e.g HD), so if i were U .... I will stack up my odds by going for workingline pup but that is just me.Wink

As for the pricing, well I have to agree wt U here it is very subjective and I also understand it seems to be a bit high lately. But I am sure if U do your research & discuss wt the breeders proper, I am sure the price can comes down to the satisfaction of both U & the breeder.

BTW U can reach me at polluxx @ 'puppy' dot 'com' dot 'my'

Cheers

(This post was edited by Polluxx on Oct 10, 2005, 9:32 PM)

boon
Doggyman

Oct 12, 2005, 9:50 PM

Post #12 of 23 (13210 views)
Shortcut

Hi Pol,

Well said...good summary for the Wienarau....when i see this name, it is automatically link to the Arminas as well...the Martin brothers.....the 'legend' of the banana dogs.

This Canto is no doubt a very nice looking dog PERIOD. BUT the not so nice part of him or the shitty stuffs that he 'contributed' to the GSD are shitty nerve, shitty working ability, and the hemopheuliac (commonly known as blood disorder) or difficulity to clog during bleeding via his mother.

Is the black dog that tlai mentioned Don or the chili Paddy ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Oct 13, 2005, 4:48 AM

Post #13 of 23 (13192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] german sherpard [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi boon,

is Donny boy la...!! remember UPM ...U were impressed then as well....!!

(This post was edited by Polluxx on Oct 13, 2005, 4:49 AM)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 27, 2005, 10:09 AM

Post #14 of 23 (13142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wong_fui] german sherpard [In reply to] Can't Post

wong

so have u found any suitable GSD pup? If u wish to find a breeder u can contact MKA at , 03 7729 7822, 7729 2027 Smile

Regards,

Yang

(This post was edited by leecy on Oct 27, 2005, 10:12 AM)

kid

Oct 5, 2006, 7:38 PM

Post #15 of 23 (12708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] german sherpard [In reply to] Can't Post

GSD keeper, do post more tips here as i wanna learn more about this breed b4 i really go get 1... TQ

TTY
Novice

Aug 1, 2008, 1:51 AM

Post #16 of 23 (10962 views)
Shortcut

Hi ,
can i find out from you where is kg seelong and if your friends are still breeding?

i am from johor bahru as well and i am interested in getting a German shepherd puppy

isaac
Dog Kichi

Aug 1, 2008, 4:41 AM

Post #17 of 23 (10953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TTY] german sherpard [In reply to] Can't Post

As for canto, quanto and mutz I do agree they produce some problems but that is being rectified now and as you know this will take time. just like the banana back , you can see this is clearly significant cut down as most of the top winning ones will have a striaght back or sloping back. look at these new time sire like Zamp, Quenn, Pakros and Agassi they are producing consistency and also with many high placed dog. last year 14th dogs are recognized for the work during sieger show. this alone is a mile stone that shows showline can excel in other area too. honestly i dont know much about the working line such as ddr, east or czech so i would not compare here. but they are really a sight to watch.

As for question on puppy pricing in JB, I would say for a puppy around 8 weeks with mka the price will be around 1800- 3000. but everything depend on the litter quality, parents, bloodline and also nerve. there are ppl selling a gsd for 800-900 but this all comes down to quality. i think KL gsd puppy with mka can fetch 2500-4000??? Correct me is i am wrong here.

TTY
Novice

Aug 1, 2008, 8:38 AM

Post #18 of 23 (10939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [isaac] german sherpard [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Isaac,
do you have any contacts for good working line german shepherds from good breeders in JB that are active in training? i want to get a feel of the working line shepherds before making a decision.
I dont mind paying more if i am assured that i am paying for quality
ie: good health..no history of HD...etc..

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Aug 1, 2008, 5:27 PM

Post #19 of 23 (10936 views)
Shortcut

Hi TTY,
Check out Evershine Kennels in Seelong. if U r interested in getting a GSD, U can try contacting Mr Peter Kong (013-7732228 / 019-7132228) or Mr Francis if U speak english (012-7389903), they do occasionally have a litter.

In fact U can chk out their dogs first coz they train almost everyday near Kg Seelong, u can chk wt them for the direction.

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=313667;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=last;#last
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Aug 1, 2008, 9:32 PM

Post #20 of 23 (10906 views)
Shortcut

Hi TTY,

Just give Mr Kong a call, I am sure he will be more than happy to discuss abt workingline GSD wt ya.

In fact I would strongly suggest that you check out their training esp over the weekend, on one hand you will get a general idea of the workingline GSD , on the other hand you'll get a first hand look at the quality of the dogs they are producing.

I hope you'll find what you are looking for.

Bonne Chance .....!!

Bonjour..!!

Polluxx

(This post was edited by Polluxx on Aug 1, 2008, 9:34 PM)

isaac
Dog Kichi

Aug 2, 2008, 4:18 AM

Post #21 of 23 (10882 views)
Shortcut

hello,

sorry, i really dont know much about the working line breeder in jb. so i dont think i can recommend here. i am into showline gsd. been with these breed for around 7 years now. and this breed still fascinate me. if you are looking for working line, i think Polluxx can point you in the right direction.

cheers

TTY
Novice

Aug 4, 2008, 6:51 PM

Post #22 of 23 (10826 views)
Shortcut

Hi Polluxx

Went to the area you recommended on the weekend but i think they are not what i am looking for. The dogs in the kennel shown to me wasnt very well taken care of and They showed me 2 7-8 months old "beauty line" shepherds that was shying away from me. Their hind legs seem to have some problems too

But then again it could be that i was there at a wrong time with cleaning going on so cant really judge and also coz there are quite a few other rows of dogs that the indonesian worker didnt allow me to see. I however went to Exeline pet center and saw their male Black shepherd which was quite beautiful.

Do you know if there are other places where i can get such shepherds in JB?

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2008, 10:24 PM

Post #23 of 23 (10732 views)
Shortcut

Hi TTY,

May I know who do you spoke to when u were there ?? , yes they do cross to show-line occasionally but if I am not mistaken they keep their workingline litters in separate nursery (rooms) which are nearer to the house.

BTW it would be best to call them up before you go, for info their training time is around 6.00-7.30pm, so maybe it will better to go around that time so you can also check out their training session at the same time. BTW I'll be dropping by this Sat (9 Aug), maybe you can come on the same day abt 6pm or thereabout, I'll be happy to introduce u to our trainer/breeder, Mr Kong.

Hope to see u there.

Cheers.

Polluxx

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my