Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Current Dog Related Issues and News:
Dogs banned by MBJBT

colinchin
Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2005, 8:47 PM

Post #1 of 14 (5120 views)
Shortcut
Dogs banned by MBJBT Can't Post

Just got news from a local Vet saying that Majlis Bandaraya Johor Bahru Tengah (MBJBT) has decided to ban several breeds of dogs under its jurisdiction. The breeds are the so called guard dogs category.

Is MKA doing something to safeguard the interest and wellbeing of our poor canine friends out there in this country land ??

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 27, 2005, 9:56 PM

Post #2 of 14 (5112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] Dogs banned by MBJBT [In reply to] Can't Post

I was worried when Shah Alam started with this and just pray and hope that MKA will start fighting for those poor animals.

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2005, 5:44 AM

Post #3 of 14 (5074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith, Colinchin] Dogs banned by MBJBT [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys,

DARN.... Mad ! ! another "witchhunt" , I thk its abt time we stop tis nonsense before all working breeds are BAN in the whole country.

It seems this time the no. of breeds banned have become larger (incl shepherd & mastiff breed like GSD, Mal, Bullmastiff etc)

BTW can anybody staying in Johor Bahru Tengah confirmed tis ....? ? , I'm hoping tht decision(by-law) above has yet to be approved.

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

boon
Doggyman

Jun 29, 2005, 9:51 PM

Post #4 of 14 (5017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Dogs banned by MBJBT [In reply to] Can't Post

WHAT ? is there an official anouncement ? what are the breeds that they banned ?

the only way of overcoming this is be a resonsible owner....or alternatively....migrate.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

(This post was edited by boon on Jun 29, 2005, 9:53 PM)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2005, 12:21 AM

Post #5 of 14 (5000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Dogs banned by MBJBT [In reply to] Can't Post

Bruder Boon,

Ooi....migration...not the topic to discuss here la...!!

U are rite on the part ""owner responsibility"" , I believe MKA & local authorithies should work hand in hand in getting the message across. Breed's Legislation is totally unfair against the animal , I thk is a well know fact that the responsibilities lies with the owner in ensuring his/her dogs are under their supervision or control at all times.

The problem here in our country seems to be, a lot of owners are just interested to own the big dogs but lack the desire to train or socialize much less to groom their dogs themselves.

Maybe they should have "Owner Legislation" instead, . . . where future owners should be properly scrutinized & vet thu before they are allowed to own dogs.

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

robros
K9 Maniac

Jul 1, 2005, 11:35 PM

Post #6 of 14 (4962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Dogs banned by MBJBT [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with you on the dog ownership. A lot of owners think it's macho to have big breeds like GSD, mastiff and rotties. Like having trophy girlfriends/boyfriends. A lot of responsibilities come with having big breeds. Dogs must be trained and owners must have time for them. Dogs do not flourish being neglected whether they are small or big breed except that big breeds might turn out to be dangerous when they have been abused, neglected or traumatized.

I feel that the owners should suffer a heavier penalty or jail sentence when their dogs attack people or prove to be a big nuisance. That way, more owners will take heed of the law and will put more effort in looking after their furkids (I hope)

I feel that dog owners must go for a course (how to be a responsible dog owner) before they are allowed to own dogs. A lot of them buy their dogs as puppies because they cannot resist their cuteness and when the puppies outgrew their cuteness...they are generally neglected.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jul 2, 2005, 12:14 AM

Post #7 of 14 (4958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] Dogs banned by MBJBT [In reply to] Can't Post

I could not agree more to the owner’s responsibility for the dog’s wellbeing.

The part about dogs attack people is a difficult one and a very small line separates the healthy (protective) dog from the nuisance and/or psychopath.

Have seen a guy chasing a dog with a steel rod. What happen when the dog protect itself? Is the owner to be blamed and punished?

Looking around and seeing how animals are treated, makes me think that rather humans should be leashed & muzzled then dogs. Laugh

A course might help to ensure that the potential owner has some knowledge about the breed, but this might be the end of this line already. You cannot teach love and care for animals in a course, it has to come from the heart.

To enforce some rules on taking care of animals might be a better way then to ban a certain breed of dogs.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jul 2, 2005, 1:03 AM

Post #8 of 14 (4954 views)
Shortcut

Damn...me sure die lor if GSD is part of the bans...i mean..i have 2 GSD in JB under my uncle care...and reasonly another one i rescue is adopt in JB...can any1 confirm this...Some more i have few GSD in few other part of the state..
I dont want to see my dog kena bang bang by those official...
Ps..JB very famous for shooting dog for no reason....

Why ban working breed all the sudden?? If this was influence by shah alam, i will bangkang kau kau to the minister, even to the pm...i will write letter critique kau kau if not suitable or reasonble reason is given..so far i did not heard any dog attack and now i see ppl are more responsible..i mean in my area, now all have dog license, lock up their dog when the gate is open and now even when they walk their dog, they have muzzle on.
Cant Malaysia give some time of improvement b4 any drasctic desicion???

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

colinchin
Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2005, 1:46 AM

Post #9 of 14 (4950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Dogs banned by MBJBT [In reply to] Can't Post

JB is famous for shooting dogs in public. Not only that they whacked the dogs to death in front of everyone' eyes too. That was some big commotion a few months back in Johor Jaya area. Complains were lodged but the authorities are smart to come out with excuses saying that those dogs attacked them first.

I, myself witnessed one incident where a helpless dog was shot to death in a housing estate. That poor dog believed to be somebody's but was not hostile whatwhatsoever at all.

Another incident recently in Layang-Layang where the authority climbed over an owner's fence and then dragged the poor dog out and shot him to death in front of those poor children.

They were told to wait awhile as the poor dog has license but just not wearing it at that moment and the child proceeded to go into the house to get the licence. Next thing, they shot the dog!!!

What is this ? What has MKA done to us dog owners in Malaysia ? Or have they done anything ??

BTW, dogs banned are by breeds regardless of showline or workinglines.

Sydney
Doggyman

Jul 4, 2005, 2:10 AM

Post #10 of 14 (4922 views)
Shortcut

I'm worried about what they do to the dogs if they're shipped out of the countryFrownI dont want them to be so called exterminated or sumthingFrown

Do they mean all the working breeds or recent dogs which attacked ppl?

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jul 4, 2005, 9:43 PM

Post #11 of 14 (4900 views)
Shortcut

I am shocked to read your message. No law in JB or those guys are above the law?

Is it confirmed that the ban of those dogs is in force? Any protest note from anybody? What about MKA? Did they write a protest note?

colinchin
Enthusiast

Jul 5, 2005, 2:10 AM

Post #12 of 14 (4891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] Dogs banned by MBJBT [In reply to] Can't Post

I am still waiting for the relevant parties to respond over this ban issue. So far, do you see any responce in this thread ??

darenong
Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2005, 8:53 PM

Post #13 of 14 (4754 views)
Shortcut

W T F ?!!!!!!!!! that is the law they should be implementing .. on the one carrying the punishment to dog owners... that is breaching private property that is murder that is criminal that is inhumane ....

i pity the family which watch thier beloved pet being drag out and killed... i condemn the one carrying out the act and his family or her family .. they should all be punished ... if i see one im sure ill attack the guy and hurt him so bad he will quit his job.

to wait for others to act ???? who ? the one that dont even pee straight ? as the only races that dont love dog im sure they dont qualify, we should sound this to ASPCA ... where all about dog is thier business ! have anyone watch thier show ? how ASPCA work ? its the right way one goverment or a country to act to animals ... our country cant even do AP right nuff said

FrownFrownSimba - the Shih Tzu kingFrownFrown
http://spaces.msn.com/...lt&_c=photoalbum
Dogster me! @ http://www.dogster.com/?156485

Pets they said are men's best friend. Are men pets best guardian?

William2003
Novice

Nov 9, 2005, 3:50 AM

Post #14 of 14 (4574 views)
Shortcut

Collin Chin ... a.k.a Apek??? from Subang?? or the famous WLP?
William and Bingo

Dog's Property Laws. Section 45 U.S Animal Law Code.

If I like it, it's mine.

If it's in my mouth, it's mine.

If I can take it from you, it's mine.

If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.

If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.

If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.

If it just looks like mine, it's mine.

If I saw it first, it's mine.

If you are playing with something and you put it down, it
automatically
becomes mine.

If it's broken, it's yours.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my