Dis-satisfied

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jun 20, 2005, 6:38 PM

Post #1 of 58 (6151 views)
Shortcut
Dis-satisfied Can't Post

I and my frens went to SPCA yesterday and wanted to adopt a MIX GSD 5 months old... we ask the Indian lady who work there and guess what she told me... "NO !!" dam man.. is this the dam way i should be answered back... fren told her that he wants the dog for his warehouse use but the lady just slam at him.... whats wrong man??!!! they haven't even survey the place and his other dog and jus banned him like that .... Dam...my fren treats the dog not as an animal but human... the dog all eat nice good food and good shelter and the coat is shining.... People jus wanna help out by adopting the poor little fellow but SPCA jus made and error by implemeting such stupid rules...this is not the first time... another case almost similiar also happen to my fren before... but its in his bungalow not warehouse... the SPCA ppl said his house is not big enough for such dog... how big u want the house to be la.... materialistic...!!!

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

pesky
Novice

Jun 20, 2005, 8:13 PM

Post #2 of 58 (6136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] Dis-satisfied [In reply to] Can't Post

I got my dog from SPCA as well. And I will have to agree with you that certain staff members there can be harsh when it comes to their choice of words. As for the questioning, this is normal and neccesary as they have to be careful about who adopts their dogs. May I suggest that you speak to a volunteer instead. You will usually find them outside of the office walking dogs (mostly on weekends I think). They are all a really nice bunch and one of them actually helped me with my adoption request. I had the problem of leaving my dog alone at home for 8-9 hours a day and the volunteer helped me to think of ways to overcome this problem.

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jun 20, 2005, 9:42 PM

Post #3 of 58 (6128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pesky] Dis-satisfied [In reply to] Can't Post

I DO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE STRICT AS THEY DONT WANT THE ANIMALS TO GET SUFFER FOR THE 2ND TIME....ME AND MY FREN REALLY GOT PISSED OFF.... LIKE WHAT U SAID A LITTLE HARSH ON THE WORDS.. PERHAPS I SHOULD TRY UR WAY.... I THINK I HAVE TO GO THERE ONCE AGAIN...MY FREN SCARED THE DOG NO MORE ONLY.... CAUSE IT REALLY LOOKS VERY ALERT AND ACTIVE...Tongue

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 24, 2005, 8:16 PM

Post #4 of 58 (6041 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] Dis-satisfied [In reply to] Can't Post

I do agree with you many of SPCA personals especially volunteers are sincerely in helping the animals. But I have to admit that not all are perfect. Wish to share my own experience..

When our group of animal rescuers rescuing pets, we face some difficulty when MPSJ realise we have more than the amount of pets allowed.

But the main point is we dont blame the person who complaint as she got the very right to complain, but what sadden us is SPCA inspector, Sabrina came to our house 1 day. She didn't inform us in advance & once she reach, she didn't call us. What she did is tried to open our gate number lock & we do have witness.

Once she entered she grab our pups & start to walk away, we saw the incident so we questioned her why she take our dog? She answered bcs we receive summons from MPSJ. We insisted that she doesn't has the right to take away our dog but she threatened that if we don't let her take the dogs away, she will ask MPSJ personals right away to come to our house & catch all our rescued pets which they will being put to sleep.

We have no choice but keep asking wether the pups she taken will be safe, she promised yes. As a result, the pups ended up at a lady's place who have hundreds of dogs, who definitely wont be able to take good care of her own, as she is doing alone. Not to mention adding any extra dogs, i mean pups! Some of the pups even ended up in a vet!

We don't wish to comment wether this is good or bad, since we are the victims so ppl might think our comments are 1 sided, this we hope the public to give us some opinions.

Personally I have few points, according to my knowledge.

1) SPCA - Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals not suppose to act upon personals who receive summons from Councils, and this is the reason Sabrina gave us when took awy our pups.

2) What does an Animal Inspector do?
"My main job is to investigate Animal Cruelty cases mainly domestic dogs and cats." This statement is said by our respective Sabrina Yeap. Definitely not to investigate council summons cases.

3) "We have to identify the seriousness of the case by carrying out investigation to look at the animals' condition and its living environment before communicating with the owner to find out the reason why the animal suffers in that condition." - by Sabrina Yeap.

Obviously she doesnt & had never communicate with us, and plan to give us a "surprise" She knows very well we are students and we are not suppose to be at homw at weekdays, i wonder why she came on weekdays? Just fortunate we decided not to go that day.

4) "If the physical condition of the animal is very bad, we will file a report to the Jabatan Haiwan Enforcement Division for the officers to take action within 48 hours." - by Sabrina Yeap

She never give any reason about animal condition at out home is bad. The reason given is MPSJ summons which nothing to do with her job.

5) "The authority concern has the rights to consficate the animal. Jabatan Haiwan Enforcement Officers can prosecute the owner for animal abuse." - by Sabrina Yeap

This statement clearly stated that she need approval from Jabatan Haiwan Enforcement Officers in order to consficate our pets, her act is very illegal.

6) "We need evidence in prosecution." - by Sabrina Yeap NO evidence given at all!

7) "But the poor environment conditions is impossible to be proven in court and the cruelty cases is solely dependent on the physical condition of the animal, that is either a big wound or a broken limb." - by Sabrina Yeap

NONE of our pets suffered BIG WOUND or BROKEN LIMB. Indeed we are looking for such a pet then cure it.

8) What are the factors deterring youth from becoming a full time Animal Inspector?
"The factor is there is no animal welfare awareness amongst the youth." - by Sabrina Yeap

Sadly when a group of youth are trying help the helpless, this happens. All other factors didn't stop us, but what Sabrina Yeap did, had really stopped us.

9) We wonder this is Sabrina Yeap's personal decision or ordered by SPCA since this is very illegal & not following procedure. We also wonder why the pets are sent to else where which is in very bad condition & not suitable but not SPCA or authority's shelter itself. We heard that Sabrina Yeap brought reporter to Mdm Kang's place & criticise her great job, but if the place is really that bad, why are you sending our pups there?!! We do have photos as prove.

10) What really sadden us and made us regreted is ALL THE PUPS DIED except 1 who brought out by a good samaritan in bad condition! NO reason was given. NO explanation. She even NEVER informed us about this issue!! We need explanation & apology from Sabrina Yeap. When the 1 & only animal cruelty prevention inspector did cruelties to animals, who is the one to inpect them? We really regreted to save the pups, we should had left them there. Sorry, to all of these loving creatures...

Regards,

Yang

Beauty_n_Lee
Novice

Jun 24, 2005, 8:44 PM

Post #5 of 58 (6035 views)
Shortcut

Hi Stanleyee,

We've just adopted our doggie, Beauty from SPCA last month and wish to share our experience there.

I was introduced to SPCA by my bestfren who adopted her doggie there also. I still remember the 1st time my hubby and i went there on a Saturday rainy morning, all eager to adopt our 1st pet. When we reached it was still early and not many people around. So we went into the office to inquire. We were then told to go around and choose any dog. We spent quite a while looking for our desired dog and we chosed one large dog like a labrador mix but we told it was not for adoption yet coz just came in. So we went around again to the puppy area and saw one cute and active pup. However, we were unsure of whether we can care for a puppy or not. So we went home to decide.

When i went home i asked my bestfren why there wasn't anybody to guide us or explain to us about the dogs and adoption policy, she told me that mostly the volunteer will be there to guide visitors. Maybe we went too early and they haven't arrive yet.

So after another week, we went again and this time there was a volunteer named Reeve. She is very nice and courteous and guide us and a few others around. This time before we proceed to choose our dog, she asked us the pre-requisite questions such as where we live, what type of house, anyone at home, etc. During our walks, she also allowed us to bring the doggies out for a short walk around SPCA and the outside compound. She gave us plenty of time to decide and help us as much to explain each doggie and their behaviour.

We only adopted Beauty the next day after we had a lengthy thought and discussion. But until today, we've never regret adopting her. Day by day she had brought us joy and laughter. It's so nice to see her growing ... fatter now Tongue Laugh

so my dear friend, please do not let your one time poor experience deter you and your friends from adopting these poor fellas.. they need you to provide a good home.. they are innocent.. they don't deserve to fall in between us human's fight or dissatisfaction.

Please find another day to go and visit them again...i'm sure you will meet Reeve and other sunshine volunteers like how i met them only on my 2nd and 3rd visit.

Cheers,

Frown Me : Agnes
Blush Hubby : Terry
Frown Doggie : Beauty

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 24, 2005, 10:01 PM

Post #6 of 58 (6031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Beauty_n_Lee] Dis-satisfied [In reply to] Can't Post

Beauty_n_Lee

Yah, what you said is true, most of the volunteers there are helpful, I have met some committees of SPCA who are very helpful to give advices, and Dr. Natasha who is so kind to help animal victims of Tsunami. well, so glad the world is not all dark Tongue

Yang

Regards,

Yang

darenong
Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2005, 3:28 AM

Post #7 of 58 (6010 views)
Shortcut

FrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrown

FrownFrownSimba - the Shih Tzu kingFrownFrown
http://spaces.msn.com/...lt&_c=photoalbum
Dogster me! @ http://www.dogster.com/?156485

Pets they said are men's best friend. Are men pets best guardian?

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 25, 2005, 8:52 AM

Post #8 of 58 (5997 views)
Shortcut

Sometime the rule really suck especially when you try to make thing better Unsure
This happen very often. But mostly this is because of certain individual in there.you are unlucky to find a very unfriendly person in charge to attend you..maybe next time you can go with volunteer of SPCA..Maybe it will be different, if the same thing happen, i maybe suggest u to go places like Paws or in the forum here to get dog, at least is less pain the a** and more relief because you save an animal life Frown

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 25, 2005, 11:47 AM

Post #9 of 58 (5993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Dis-satisfied [In reply to] Can't Post

Nicky

Agree, rather than being treated like you owe ppl money, why not adopt from this forum where lots of rescued dogs are around? Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jun 25, 2005, 6:38 PM

Post #10 of 58 (5989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Dis-satisfied [In reply to] Can't Post

well i def. wont be upset by the way the SPCA treated me and my fren.. anyway were going to give another shot on this coming sunday and hopefully the dog is still there... hopefully i got the good vol. to help me.. if not i swear i wont be going to that place anymore...wakakakakak..(a little harsh)Tongue ....

hope were able to have 1 on this coming sunday.... HEY.. thankx a lot all dogs lover for providing some useful info to me....

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 25, 2005, 6:48 PM

Post #11 of 58 (5986 views)
Shortcut

true enough..sometime cannot blame them, they have too many dog and cat around, i think they go hairwire..Unimpressed
Well, if one prefer pure breed, will suggest you to go places like SPCA and PaWs, and if one person looking for a companion, pure breed, mixed or mongrel, work equally the same..

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jun 25, 2005, 6:58 PM

Post #12 of 58 (5982 views)
Shortcut

hey leecy.. are u one of the group from sunway where u all adopt abandon dog..??? hey good job... kudos tu ur group...

charlenealvin
Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2005, 8:17 PM

Post #13 of 58 (5952 views)
Shortcut

hello~leecy~i hope i can join ur group to rescue the homeless puppies

can i join/?

>v< wish all of u happy day with ur doggie >v<
FrownFrownFrownhappy life with my cute EDDIE,the best present from my BF...as a christmas gift~
FrownFrownFrownso cute and happy with HAZEL kampate ya~~!

Frownmy KIKI leave me on 02 September 2005
FrownWe miss you forever,ever and ever

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 27, 2005, 6:28 AM

Post #14 of 58 (5939 views)
Shortcut

stanleyee

things wont work with my own effort, crazymouse, stan, nicky etc help us a lot too, we used to work in a group but you know, we are students & in the process we met a lot of ppl & things happens, so with some reasons, we dont do the rescue as a group, but anyway we still continue in small scale. Wink

Yang

Regards,

Yang

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 27, 2005, 6:30 AM

Post #15 of 58 (5936 views)
Shortcut

nicky

yah, agree with you. not that i dont like pure breed, actually i love some of the breeds too, but i think you are right, we should treat them equally same as they are equally good. Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 27, 2005, 6:36 AM

Post #16 of 58 (5933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charlenealvin] Dis-satisfied [In reply to] Can't Post

charlenealvin

well, it is relatively easier to rescue compared to rehome, in order to rescue, we mainly have to go through 4 process: Rescue, Treat, Foster, Rehome. Of corse we welcome & hope to encourage ppl to rescue, but my humble opinion is in order to rescue, we cant lack of any of the process, or else we rather not to. Unsure

For example we met some cases where ppl just rescue, but dont hope to treat the dog, this will makes the condition worst. Some claim they rescue, but tend to dump to animal shelters, this will end their life too. & the hardest thing is, to find them a home, or else yo are responsible to home them at your place.

erm, sorry not to scared you away lah, actually currently i just rescue in small scale & wont take in any dog until 1 is rehomed, this is bcs somebody complained to MPSJ abt my house got too many dogs. so currently we mainly go feed the stray dogs & cats at night time, they are very happy to see us. you are welcome to join us 1 day, but remember bring food Tongue

Yang

Regards,

Yang

Beauty_n_Lee
Novice

Jun 27, 2005, 5:47 PM

Post #17 of 58 (5917 views)
Shortcut

Hi Stanleyee,

Which doggie caught your heart? Is his/her picture posted in the spca website? ya, hope your doggie is still there. Do look for an english lady called Reeve. she's a permanent volunteer i think, coz she is there most of the times i went there. don't go too early...slightly after lunch will be best.

I think she's the only volunteer who knows all the dogs by their names and their individual characters. All of them will go every excited when they see her. Smile

Not trying to shatter your hopes, but usually puppies are adopted very fast. The first dog i chose was a big one. when i went there he is not there anymore. then i decided to choose a puppy which we saw on the first day, also not there. it was only 1 week apart.

Well, dun be Frown ..hope is still there. Hope to hear good news from you after this sunday.

Cheers,

Frown Me : Agnes
Blush Hubby : Terry
Frown Doggie : Beauty

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jun 27, 2005, 6:17 PM

Post #18 of 58 (5910 views)
Shortcut

hey... where do u all gather up at night... perhaps when im free i can come and pay a visit la...currently im feeding the stray dogs at my housing padang also....ahahahah....since at night got nothing to do also....my GR actually lepak with them also la hahahaha...fren fren already...

charlenealvin
Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2005, 12:25 AM

Post #19 of 58 (5887 views)
Shortcut

leecy~

is crazymouse same gang with u?i hv e-mail crazy mouse to join the group...

im ineterested in helping those homeless pups....^^

>v< wish all of u happy day with ur doggie >v<
FrownFrownFrownhappy life with my cute EDDIE,the best present from my BF...as a christmas gift~
FrownFrownFrownso cute and happy with HAZEL kampate ya~~!

Frownmy KIKI leave me on 02 September 2005
FrownWe miss you forever,ever and ever

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 28, 2005, 3:03 AM

Post #20 of 58 (5881 views)
Shortcut

Thank you for agree with me..Smile
So far i am still a loyal lover of GSD, will get one when have a place and time for themFrown

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jun 29, 2005, 2:36 AM

Post #21 of 58 (5858 views)
Shortcut

the pup pic is not posted on the web... its a new comer hahahaha... i also forgot the name already....very nice looking... excatly the same look as GSD only color diff.... like belgium Shepard color....

tterrynick
Enthusiast

Jun 29, 2005, 3:39 AM

Post #22 of 58 (5852 views)
Shortcut

yes, reeve is the only person who is genuinely interested in the doggies at spca. you can see the love she has for the doggies there. the rest of the spca staff are all cold and unfriendly.

once we wanted to adopt from spca. we wen there and asked at the office, the staff there just said 'go in and look for yourselves' - like they were so busy. we went in and we saw reeve there playing with some dogs. she brought us round and introduced us to the dogs one by one, telling us the characters of each dog. we picked two we liked but we told her when can only bring them home in a few weeks' time because we would be travelling and of course, we didn't want to leave the dogs alone in the home. we even paid them extra to keep the dogs for us.

when the time was up, we still couldn't bring them home because our work commitments still required us to travel for a few more weeks. i admit it is our fault for the delay. but the staff kept calling us and insisting that we bring them home. we apologised and said we still could not and gave a bit more donation to spca for them to look after the dogs. but in the end, they became very rude and sacastic and we eventually had to give up on the dogs.

i really hope that they had the good fortune of being adopted. i still regret to this day that we could not adopt those dogs.

i also must say that reeve is a good person and spca is lucky to have her.

fatty lingling (left) and petite tutu (right), protected by handsome nicky at the back - my 3 precious babies.
now i have 4 babies but baby adek just cannot stay still for a photo-shoot!!

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 29, 2005, 8:49 AM

Post #23 of 58 (5846 views)
Shortcut

stanleyee

nolah, not really gather, juz sometimes got frens got the mood to join us then come along loh, actually we are doing almost the same things as you, feeding the strays at certain area, keep up your good job!

Yang

Regards,

Yang

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 29, 2005, 8:53 AM

Post #24 of 58 (5844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [charlenealvin] Dis-satisfied [In reply to] Can't Post

charlenealvin

well, currently we dont have any group, but personally i still continue feeding strays, of corse you are welcome to contact her, think she will give you good respond. Smile

Yang

Regards,

Yang

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 29, 2005, 8:54 AM

Post #25 of 58 (5841 views)
Shortcut

nicky

hear that you like husky also? i also like, hehe.. Tongue

Yang

Regards,

Yang

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my