First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

boon
Doggyman

Apr 10, 2003, 5:08 AM

Post #1 of 27 (7239 views)
Shortcut
Annual Booster Jab Can't Post

Hi,

Heard from some where that the annual booster jab is require only a year after the last vacination.

In this case - what if the very first booster jab for a year old puppy ? Does the booster jab take place after 1 year from the 3rd or 4th vacinations for each puppy ? (if it is 4th, means at 6 weeks of age, the puppy had a separate parvo jab before the regular 6 in 1 or 7 in 1 or 8 in one or 9 in 1 take place)

Or when the pup is 1 year of age ? A normal pup will finish their vacination when they reach the age of 4 to 5 months.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

May
Old Hand

Apr 10, 2003, 8:23 PM

Post #2 of 27 (7223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Annual Booster Jab [In reply to] Can't Post

According to my dog's vaccination record, the annual booster jab is one year after her third jab. She finished her third jab when she was 6 months and received her annual booster jab when she was 18 months.

You'll have a choice between 6-in-1 or 7-in-1. In my case, I opted for the 7-in-1.

cdmoo
ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 1:23 AM

Post #3 of 27 (7216 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Annual Booster Jab [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Boon,

Mine is the same as May's, Rex just taken his annual jab. , also 7-in-1.

So, the annual jab is based on the last vaccination. His last (the 3rd) jab was in Apr. 02'.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 11, 2003, 1:53 AM

Post #4 of 27 (7214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May & boon] Annual Booster Jab [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, I also choose 7-in-1, save time but cost the same.
You can ask your vet to sent you a reminder card. My vet did that when trivor got her 3rd jap.

boon
Doggyman

Apr 11, 2003, 4:43 PM

Post #5 of 27 (7208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trivor] Annual Booster Jab [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi May, Uncle and Trivor,

Thanz for the clarificationsWink

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

May
Old Hand

Apr 11, 2003, 6:08 PM

Post #6 of 27 (7204 views)
Shortcut

You're always welcome, Boon.

Trivor, what do you mean by save time when u choose 7-in-1? My vet told me 6-in-1 and 7-in-1 are of different price.

(This post was edited by May on Apr 11, 2003, 6:11 PM)

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 11, 2003, 8:57 PM

Post #7 of 27 (7196 views)
Shortcut

Hello May,
Not sure if you are getting the smae price and same info. This is what I got from my vet.
6-in-1 cost about RM30.00 but you need to go for next jap the following week. So, ended up 6 japs.
7-in-1 cost about RM60.00 but total 3 japs.
The total cost is about the same lahhh, but just the hassle to spent most of the weekend for next jap
is this what you get?

wkser
ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 9:14 PM

Post #8 of 27 (7196 views)
Shortcut

hi boon,

my labrador de pincher(nous) will have his only in june i opt for 7 in 1 ........Wink

regards
kangser and nous

boon
Doggyman

Apr 11, 2003, 9:47 PM

Post #9 of 27 (7193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] Annual Booster Jab [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mr Labrador de Pincher,

y 7 in 1 ? scared of SARS ? or becoz of 7 in 1 cover Corona Virus as well Tongue, how about 8 in 1 that cover Kennel Cough.

wkser
ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 10:14 PM

Post #10 of 27 (7186 views)
Shortcut

hi brother,

8 in 1 .....maybe let me consider...hehehehe...SARS yeah lor scare scare mah......if dog got a mask i will get for nous also ehehehheWink

regards

labrador de pincher

(kangser and nous)

May
Old Hand

Apr 11, 2003, 10:36 PM

Post #11 of 27 (7182 views)
Shortcut

Hi Trivor,

This is the first time I heard such a thing.

As I understand whether you choose 6-in-1 or 7-in-1 you dog still receive one jab only. The difference is your dog gets extra protection from coronavirus if you opt for 7-in-1. The vet charge RM35 for 6-in-1 and RM50 for 7-in-1.

Luckily I opted for 7-in-1.......don't have to worry my dog will gets SARS...hehehe.

(This post was edited by May on Apr 11, 2003, 10:38 PM)

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 12, 2003, 9:21 PM

Post #12 of 27 (7170 views)
Shortcut

wowwwww, that's cheap!!
I paid RM60 for 7-in-1, gosh!!
this is what my vet told me. So, in order not to go there many times, I opt for 7-in-1 and more protection. I was told there is 10-in-1 too. But not many vet has this yet...
yeah, I wonder do I need 7-in-1 to protect me from coronavirus Cool

May
Old Hand

Apr 14, 2003, 5:40 PM

Post #13 of 27 (7161 views)
Shortcut

Too bad 7-in-1 doesn't work on human. If not we human instead of doggies will start to flock at the vet clinics queuing for the jab....hehehe.

(This post was edited by May on Apr 14, 2003, 5:44 PM)

timmy
Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2003, 7:52 AM

Post #14 of 27 (7144 views)
Shortcut

i just brought timmy to his 3rd jab- its 6-in 1- in old klg road vet clinic- it cost me rm 80!! how come 6-in 1 more exp than 7-in 1..etc..? is the clinic overcharged?

they asked me to brign timmy for 'heartwork test' - 3 mths later...i just wonder is it necessary? cos the petshop told me only need to take hearguard when timmy is 5 mth- 6 mth....no need go for such test..

Bubbles
Dog Kichi

Apr 22, 2003, 6:39 PM

Post #15 of 27 (7130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy] Annual Booster Jab [In reply to] Can't Post

excuse me, can anyone tell me what re 6-in1, 7-in-1, 8-in1? My vet had never told me about these. I just brought the dog in, then they'll give him injection. Never ask me which jab.

lilK
Dog Kichi

May 10, 2003, 11:19 AM

Post #16 of 27 (7108 views)
Shortcut

i brought my doggie to the same vet as u..

i still remember when he was a pup..took the 3 job there..total almost bout 300...

so much more expensive compared to outside....

so to all the shifus out there....would u recommend me to any vets with offer a good service and offer charges that are reasonable? im staying at old klang road...preferably somewhere near my house...and open on sunday or saturday till late evening? coz my doggie will be having his first annual jab this coming june

timmy
Enthusiast

May 26, 2003, 7:10 AM

Post #17 of 27 (7083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lilK] Annual Booster Jab [In reply to] Can't Post

hi lilk...i have no idea which vet is better in old klg road- i know the one we both went is very expensixe..but the vet is not bad...maybe u can ask round in pj area( but its exp too)...

some petshop will recomm u too...

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 26, 2003, 7:47 AM

Post #18 of 27 (7081 views)
Shortcut

I just took Sparkle for his third vaccination...got the 7-in-1. Costs me in total RM70 for deworming & vaccination. And out of it RM10 was for consultation. So means the 7-in-1 and deworming costs only RM60 altogether. Smile

My vet told me that if the dog is an indoor dog, you have to start the dog on some heartworm prevention tablets before the dog turns 6 months old. After that the tablets don't really work already. And you can only test for heartworm and if need be, go for treatments. Prevention is b4 6 months, after that it's all treatments already if our dogs kena heartworm.

timmy
Enthusiast

May 29, 2003, 4:06 AM

Post #19 of 27 (7072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Annual Booster Jab [In reply to] Can't Post

hi michelle, thansk for ur info. my vet just told me to brg timmy for heartworn test when he is 6 mths- no need give him any heartguard now till the test. but i got info fr the petshop that we should give heartguard by 5 mths, no need go for heartworm test...Crazy

kind of confuse, any of u all go for heartworm test? or not?

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 29, 2003, 7:54 AM

Post #20 of 27 (7068 views)
Shortcut

Hi Emily, Smile

I guess I'll stick to what my vet advised and bring him in again at 5 months+. Take the tablets and next year when I take Sparkle for his annual jab then only I let him take the heartwork test plus the blood test (as recommended by Gina) to test for everything else. Wink

Anyone else has suggestions? Smile

houyee
Novice

Jul 2, 2003, 12:34 PM

Post #21 of 27 (7040 views)
Shortcut
6 in 1 [In reply to] Can't Post

actually i am also not so sure bout the 6 in one and 7 in one.

i read up on it and this is what i understand about the 6 in one

DHLPP-CVK

D - distemper (i think we all know that)

H - hepatitis

L - leptospirosis (an infection of the kidneys after drinking infected urine of animals (mostly wild))

P - parvovirus (infection of the gut causing dysentery)

P - parainfluenze (can cause kennel cough, but other organisms like bordatella can also cause kennel cough)

CVK component normally refers to coronavirus which is related to the flu/common cold virus

some combination/praparations also contain the A component for adenovirus

these combination preparations will definitely not contain rabies vaccine or killed bordatella vaccine (nasal spray) which will be given seperately, on a different date.
zippy 'rowena' kojak

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2003, 5:07 AM

Post #22 of 27 (7030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [houyee] 6 in 1 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Just wanna share wt u all abt this latest vacinnation guidelines from AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) Canine Vacine Task Force recomendation : could be somehow long but interesting reading - do checkk out site !
www.dogs4sale.com.au/AAHA_Special_Report.htm

it seems they r recomendating for a longer interval between the annual booster jab to cut down on vaccinosis reaction such as thyroid problems, epilepsy, & allergies just to mention a few.

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

nathalie
Doggyman

Dec 29, 2003, 10:34 PM

Post #23 of 27 (6866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Annual Booster Jab [In reply to] Can't Post

Smilehi,

7 in 1 in Kl costs $60 only? a vet in penang charges $50 for 6 in 1 and $80 for 7 in 1. Quite pricy...i'll go check out other vets that has 7 in 1. Smile

boon
Doggyman

Dec 30, 2003, 12:27 AM

Post #24 of 27 (6862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] Annual Booster Jab [In reply to] Can't Post

as i know 6 in 1 only rm 30 or 35. 7 in 1 (with corona) is rm 65

nathalie
Doggyman

Dec 30, 2003, 10:49 AM

Post #25 of 27 (6850 views)
Shortcut

this vet charges a bit pricey for his jabs...i remember once when my dog developed some spots on his body n before asking he just gave my dog a jab. i believe that he's not one of the recommended vet around...he's vet is around tanjung bungah.

where is the location of the vet who charges u only $65 for 7 in 1? i know Dr Yeoh charges 25 for 6 in 1 but have no idea who charges $65 for 7 in 1?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my