HD & cold weather

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jun 23, 2005, 4:44 PM

Post #1 of 10 (7919 views)
Shortcut
HD & cold weather Can't Post

hello,

we are moving to a cold country soon, we are bringing our 2 goldens. one of our golden has mild HD. would this be any impact during winter time?

thanks

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 24, 2005, 10:26 PM

Post #2 of 10 (7900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] HD & cold weather [In reply to] Can't Post

It depends a little on what sort of cold – humidity high or low. Which country is it anyway?

If arriving from Malaysia (very hot) to any other place where the temperature is very much different, then any dog might have a problem. He will need some time to grow his coat and to make his acquaintance with the new place and the new environment. So be extra careful for the first few months.

Some supplementation (e.g. Flexicose or Cosequin) for the CHD is always beneficial.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jun 24, 2005, 11:33 PM

Post #3 of 10 (7897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoeSmith] HD & cold weather [In reply to] Can't Post

we are moving to canada, he is on G & C

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 27, 2005, 8:08 PM

Post #4 of 10 (7884 views)
Shortcut

Wow, you are a lucky guy. Wishing you, your family and your pets all the best in Canada.

You could buy “amaize” in Canada and I assure you that your dogs will be just fine.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jun 27, 2005, 8:51 PM

Post #5 of 10 (7881 views)
Shortcut

hey joe

thanks. but i am one lucky girl..hehe. what is this "amaize" thing? something for my dog HD? well JoeSmith? you must be from somewhere in the US or you are using a "John Doe" initials.

still thanks for the wishes. my golden boy has lots of fur to show, so i can't imagine him growing more or he would look like a bear! my golden girl could use a bit more fur on her.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 27, 2005, 9:23 PM

Post #6 of 10 (7879 views)
Shortcut

Even more impressed. Does it mean that you did catch a Canadian guy? If yes, then congratulations.

Amaize AHD was invented to supplement sledge dogs but they found out that it brings excellent results for dogs with CHD. Check out the web-site: www.amaize.com for more detailed information.

I was born in Europe, studied in the US & live in Malaysia (pretty international, isn’t it?). Joe is an abbreviation of my name (called “pet name” or “alias” or “also known as” in English or “aka” in Malay)

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jun 27, 2005, 11:57 PM

Post #7 of 10 (7874 views)
Shortcut

haha, yes pretty international. doesnt matter what nationality one is with, most importantly you clicked. so dont matter lah if he is canadian or not.

i always thought the guy will catch the girl..even true for dogs cause my female is on heat and my male dog is going all bonkers right now. we are going to get them spayed soon but just curious to see how it would be. and man it's tough trying to keep them apart. so far we have not let any accidents happen but it's tough hearing my golden boy whining and crying and he is also extra strong, extra fast. definetely turned into bionic dog now.

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 28, 2005, 12:26 AM

Post #8 of 10 (7868 views)
Shortcut

How could a male ever catch a female? Unless she poses in a way, he can catch her. So who is hunting whom?

Besides that, nature gave a lot of testosterone to men or in other words:

“God gave brain and penis to the men but not enough blood to use both at the same time”

One reason why male fight for female. If they would use the brain then no fight and no evolution, isn’t it? Your dog has no competition around and that bounces him of his paws. In the wild, the alpha dog would be the only one with a chance to mate, so no surprise that your golden boy is whining.Enjoy your life in Canada – French side or English side? I have family near Toronto, but long time did not go there. Flying time is killing me.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jun 28, 2005, 4:13 PM

Post #9 of 10 (7861 views)
Shortcut

we are talking dogs here right? male dogs feel the need to copulate perhaps due to evolution. my female dog has been resisting him and he is learning it the hard way. perhaps it's one of evolution's trick that an animal will always look for the best genes as they can sense it. my male has HD so it may explains why my female dog is resisting him up to a point i think she has had enough of his whining and crying.

human view - how could a male ever catch a female? there is definitely 2 different sides of the story and one will defend each other. but that's an entirely different topic.

canada - english side. can't stand the french. i am not looking forward to the flying time either. if i could and have tons of $$$$, i would be leaving on land travel, it would take me a few months but it would definitely be more worth it!

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 28, 2005, 9:07 PM

Post #10 of 10 (7855 views)
Shortcut

YES, I guess since we are using the dog & puppy forum, isn’t it?

Like your idea of land travel. Unfortunately, the next land bridge to Canada is not in sight and crossing the ice is not my most preferred way of travel. But I could imagine the fun, especially the part of having tons of money.

Maybe, you safe some times by flying and enjoy the great outdoors in Canada?
Good Luck.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my