Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

janthk
Canine Addict

Jun 14, 2005, 8:17 PM

Post #26 of 48 (3228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

See that is one of the advantages of having a big dog. My baby is a mix cocker spaniel Schnauzer. Therefore he looks like a teddy bear rather than a fierce dog. So how to scare the police? But luckily he is black which might help make him look a little bit more fierce. Wink

I should also train him to be more fierce lah. He is such a friendly dog that he will lick anybody. My friend says that if a robber tries to break in to the house, he might end up licking the robber to death instead of attacking him. Tongue And he hardly barks as well. That's why I think he is God sent as I am staying in a apartment and cannot afford to have a noisy dog and have the neighbours complain. Imagine when I first got him I thought he does not bark at all cause he was with me for 3 days before I first heard him bark. Sly

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 14, 2005, 10:25 PM

Post #27 of 48 (3221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nono...the picture in the avatar is my Bobby San a mixed breed..the 2 GSD now is with my friend..cuz i stay in shoplot now until my new home is done...so i gave it to my friend lor.....
My bobby san also like you Baby except he is not a licker..too friendly dog sometime done more damage than a fierce dog Unsure
how scare was him...he was like oh..tutup tingkap, boleh pergi...too short of time to see how scare is he..LaughLaugh

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

janthk
Canine Addict

Jun 15, 2005, 12:36 AM

Post #28 of 48 (3213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Nicky,

Hahahahaha!!! It is good to see those idiots scared for once. They take their authority for granted and always use it to intimidate people. For one the shoe is on the other feet. LaughSly

Actully my doggie's name is Scruffy. I call him my baby cause he really acts like a baby.

Actually he looks very much like your avatar doggie. He is also black with white patch on the chest. Just that his white patch is smaller. And he is a much smaller dog. However, his mouth is like miniature schnauzer with "Beard". He looks really really cute. I know you cant see much in my avatar though.

It is so difficult to take picture of a black dog lah. If I dont use flash then cannot see him clearly. If I use flash then he will appear like a white blur. Sigh... Haiyah dont know how lah. Mad

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 15, 2005, 6:54 PM

Post #29 of 48 (3196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [janthk] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

HAhaha...true this police sometime need something to scare them off...
MY boBby San consider as a unlucky ghost attract dog fr the chinese...cuz his 4 leg is white but with dalmation spots..and he chest is all white..this dog..ppl said unlucky..but so far to me..he bring happiness and joy more that bad luck incident...hehehe Smile
I know what u mean..ya...black dog sometime got disadvantage in photo shooting...
Taking picture of a black dog is quite easy..do it outdoor and in the daylight...play around with the surrounding and light..take the nature as a advantage..

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

janthk
Canine Addict

Jun 15, 2005, 8:28 PM

Post #30 of 48 (3193 views)
Shortcut

Aiyah sometimes Chinese have alot of believes with no basis. My Scruffy also has white patches on his 2 hind legs. But he is sure the joy of my life. SmileSmile

Have you tried taking your doggy out for a walk? I like to go jogging so i tried to take Scruffy with me but right now he keeps tripping me cause he will run from left to right and left to right. I cant get him to run on one side only. If you know the secret to doing that then do let me know how.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Jun 15, 2005, 11:49 PM

Post #31 of 48 (3181 views)
Shortcut

Hi. A suggestion - start with making Scruffy walk to heel first then progress to jogging later on when he definitely stays on one side.

I was told that the way to teach a dog to walk to heel is attach a feather to the end of a stick (like the type used for lanterns during the lantern festivel). Tickle the end of Scruffy's nose with the feather to attract his attention then hold it just in front of him as you walk. Apparently dogs concentrate so intently on the feather that they just follow the feather on the stick. Done over time, the dog learns to walk to heel like this.

I've never tried this technique - let us know if it works.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

janthk
Canine Addict

Jun 16, 2005, 1:10 AM

Post #32 of 48 (3174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm..... The feather method sounds interesting. However, I hav signed Scruffy up for OB training classes which are supposed to commence on 26th June (The one by puppy.com at Taman Desa). I dont think they use that method to teach "heel". So I am wondering if it would confuse scruffy if I start with the feather method now and later when the class starts, another method will be used.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 16, 2005, 7:25 PM

Post #33 of 48 (3161 views)
Shortcut

My bobby always follow me on saturday to go JUngle treking..at first he have problem walking with leash with he is a a puppy...keep on bitting n tripping...
once he get use to the idea..he love to walk ever..
He get his evening walk before and after dinner by my mummy and me..Smile
the secret i think is patience..and maybe when he walk left and right..you try to make him walk beside you by a gentle push..if he know he will get push when he walk side way. i think he will start to walk straight gua..you try lah..dont know it work or not..Unimpressed

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

janthk
Canine Addict

Jun 16, 2005, 7:36 PM

Post #34 of 48 (3160 views)
Shortcut

Oh you go for the Bukit Gasing Jungle tracking ah?

I have alternate Saturdays off from work. Maybe one of this Saturdays I will join you guys.

My only concern is that I wont be able to climb due to lack of exerciseCrazyCrazy Are the trails difficult?

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 16, 2005, 7:41 PM

Post #35 of 48 (3156 views)
Shortcut

If you go...i can go short route with you...but the hill is not hard to climb..me fat girl also can climb..you not problem lah...if this saturday got then i can meet u there...you sure recognize my Bobby..he is one the black dog there...Laugh

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

janthk
Canine Addict

Jun 16, 2005, 10:42 PM

Post #36 of 48 (3147 views)
Shortcut

Hi Nicky,

Unfortunately this saturday I cannot go cause I am driving back to Penang. Going to show scruffy to his grandmotherWink

But I will try to make it next Saturday. So nice to know that I have already made a friend at Puppy.com. Smile

If I go then there will be 2 black dogs there then. To keep each other company. Tongue Do you go every Saturday?

I think I saw Bobby in the Paws at the Park day pictures. He took part in the fastest recall competition right?

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 17, 2005, 2:44 AM

Post #37 of 48 (3134 views)
Shortcut

Nolah...Bobby did not participate in any event..Because he is a very funny dog, sometime i think he is like a human. He get bored of stuff quite easily and that make him hard to train to do any stuff..Nothing interested him much, not the food or even toy..
Ya, i normally go every saturday unless there is no JT event..You can join me any saturday..Have a safe trip..This day got alot of accident. Me also will travel to JB next week but i be back on Friday if there is JT on Saturday....hehee..Me and Bobby san is JT freak..Frown

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

musashi
ALPHA

Aug 2, 2005, 3:24 AM

Post #38 of 48 (3056 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi All,

Something happened last night which got me really mad!!

My furkid (Scruffy) and I went out for dinner together as usual last night. And as we were returning home, there was a police road block. The police stopped me and told me that it is an offence to travel with a dog in the car!!! After I questioned him, he said that dogs can only travel in a car if they are caged up. It thought that was a whole load of bull ****. Scruffy is a very well behaved dog and when he is in the car, he just lie down in the passenger seat quietly. Even though I just got him like 3 weeks back, he has become like a son to me and I would never dream of ever caging him up. After all he is not even a big dog. He is a miniature schnauzer mix cocker spaniel and only 5 months old so he is not very big as you can all imagine. So I told him if he wants to give me a summon then go ahead. In the end he said give me chance and ask me to drive away. My opinion is that he is just hoping for “duit kopi” and when he saw that I was not about to give him, asked me to drive away. But that is just my personal opinion.

So I was just wondering if anyone of you have faced the same problem before. Even better still if there is a policeman among the members who can help me shed some light on this regulation which I have never heard of before.

It's so interesting to read thep ost here... i have been travelling with my furkids about 8 years oredi,but never meet such an idiot before,,like Khoo say...standby some Nescafe 3-in 1...no duit but kopi ada !!

Blush I am the man with dog's name

janthk
Canine Addict

Aug 2, 2005, 6:15 PM

Post #39 of 48 (3035 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah lah. Haiyah sometimes really sick of how things are run in Malaysia.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 2, 2005, 12:36 AM

Post #40 of 48 (2909 views)
Shortcut

HI Janthk,

I believe the below post written by HLYap would prove useful to you and some of us here.

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=72161;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

cheers,
minglmy

janthk
Canine Addict

Sep 8, 2005, 3:29 AM

Post #41 of 48 (2881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ming,

Thank you for the information. It is very enlightening. At least now we know our rights. Cool

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2005, 5:04 AM

Post #42 of 48 (2852 views)
Shortcut

hey there,

every sunday i always bring my fluffy to go to my grandma house. so far no police block us. but i don't think there is a rule like that. our furkid is in the car. what have to do with other people? do we have to put them in the cage. what a crap. if they block and check whether our dog got license or not that's another story. maybe our wrong. anyhow, although we bring out this issue, we will lose. what country is this.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 13, 2005, 5:22 PM

Post #43 of 48 (2849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thedogghouse] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

thedogghouse

i never blocked by a police b4 when im driving my pets but there is once im bringing a cat & fetch a taxi, the cat is caged though.

when i went up to the taxi, he told me it is against the law lah, scared police block him lah..

but at last, he said if i want to bring can, give extra RM10 lah. Pirate

anyway juz money does matter..

Regards,

Yang

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Sep 13, 2005, 10:23 PM

Post #44 of 48 (2835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

ohhh....tat means actually is it against the law. hmm...anyway, if really kena block only see how lor. i also never heard b4 that will kena block. i always bring my furkid out one. plus my furkid not those guai guai sit down one. always like to stand up to see the scenery. very notti. but obviously i didn't bring her to those KL area. i only bring her to subang and puchong area only.

u know what...malaysia all also wan money one mah. give extra rm10 just for the cat to sit the cab. really expensive. lol

khoo262
Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2005, 8:40 PM

Post #45 of 48 (2792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thedogghouse] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I ask a police personnel recently. He told me there is no such law stated in the book. However he advise caution as they will still take action if the act of taking a dog in the car is deem unsafe to the driver (blocking his view, distracting the driver),etc
finally..... khoo262 has come back to puppy.com

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 5, 2005, 11:03 PM

Post #46 of 48 (2709 views)
Shortcut

thedogghouse

yaloh, wat to do.. at least can solve with money mah, if not how can u drive without license? hehe.. Tongue

Regards,

Yang

loafer
Dog Kichi

Jan 11, 2006, 10:26 AM

Post #47 of 48 (2596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khoo262] Against the law to fetch furkid in Car??!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I ask a police personnel recently. He told me there is no such law stated in the book. However he advise caution as they will still take action if the act of taking a dog in the car is deem unsafe to the driver (blocking his view, distracting the driver),etc

There is actually a provision in the road transport law which says the exact same thing. I've read it somewhere before but can't remember where. Searched it up when I first got back from Australia to make sure those 'Morally Correct' police officers in KL can't summon me for something that doesn't exist.

Join the JRT Zone

coffee

Jan 12, 2006, 10:05 PM

Post #48 of 48 (2576 views)
Shortcut

All my dogs love car rides. They can even put their paws on the dashboard to balance themself while I take corner. So far, no police encounter.

I am not sure about private car but taxi and pulic transport definitely need a letter, at least from a vet.

We have been lucky to get away but I think there is regulation about transporting dog in the car. Try not to be rude to the police. I know a lot of people has bad encounter with them. Try to stand on their point of view, standing in the middle of road the whole day, all drivers give them sour face, headache and scolding. At least wind down window, and greet them, everything might be easier after that. Try to be nice.

Back to the point, if they want to be nasty, they can charge you for dangerous driving. That alone they can cause enough trouble. Or suspect you have dangerous weapon and drug. You want them to strip every piece from your car let you and your dog standing on the road or search every orifices of your body to search for drugs? Or where's your dog license, vaccination card?

What I am trying to say is try not to be rude to them? Don't assume all of them are bad. They might be just doing their job, order from superior. Remember, wind down window and smile and be good citizen. For motorcylist, off engine, flip open visor and get ready IC and license. Be more approachable. You will get away even if you ready did something wrong. My friend's once drive withour wallet(means no IC, no license, no money), no seat belt but the police let him through.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my