Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
dos licence in shah alam

denzerogent
Novice

Mar 31, 2005, 3:20 AM

Post #1 of 10 (1511 views)
Shortcut
dos licence in shah alam Can't Post

anyone who lives in shah alam and a have dog licence? i'll be shifting soon to shah alam and juz would like to find out whether is there any difficulties in applying for a dog licence from mbsa? anyone wif experience, pls help.
veri much appreciated. thank

(This post was edited by Admin on Mar 31, 2005, 3:14 PM)

cvlew
Novice

May 29, 2005, 7:06 PM

Post #2 of 10 (1408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denzerogent] dos licence in shah alam [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
if you stay in an intermediate link house, no chance to get a license even you got signature from your neighbours. I had tried it, not approved.

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 29, 2005, 7:31 PM

Post #3 of 10 (1407 views)
Shortcut

well, go & try it out, if you failed, you might want to contact gus-gus who offered help. view her thread at chit-chat.

robros
K9 Maniac

May 30, 2005, 10:42 PM

Post #4 of 10 (1373 views)
Shortcut

As the Star mentioned a few days back. MBSA will probably relent and allow intermediate homeowners in Shah Alam who have dogs IF they have been living there before the new rule on dog ownership came out PROVIDED you have the consent of the neighbours.

They will assess on case to case basis. If you have stayed there for years, your chance is good. Unless you have one of the 8 banned breeds than it's no chance.

MBSA said no chance for new intermediate terrace homeowners to own dogs. How terrible!!!! How discriminating. Why are the Malaysian muslims so anti-dogs?? Even the saudi arabia muslims have dogs. Indonesian muslims also have dogs. Turkish muslims also have dogs....

Goldii
Dog Kichi

May 31, 2005, 2:39 AM

Post #5 of 10 (1369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robros] dos licence in shah alam [In reply to] Can't Post

It is begining to look like it is not the Muslims but our very own Malaysian Malays! How to look forward and be tolerant about pet rearing? Are ALL dog owners bad? Why ALL dog owners must be punished? What about cats? Doing away our dogs, will not make us love cats more. It will create hatred for cats.

Just punish the guilty ones! We will support such move. We may even give them hard knocks on their stupid heads !! Getting rid of dogs, snakes, elephants, pigs....will not make Malaysia any smarter and better than the rest of the world . Using our brains to come out with a more clever and happy situation is what it matters. Can we REALLY tell our children the actual truth that in future, they cannot have a dog as pet while the rest of the world can? Really?

Simply coming out with a blanket covering all these so called bother would not create any heartfelt unity but a dark and hidden social hatred deep inside!

Come on Malaysia, (councillors) you can do better than that!

Regards,

Goldii

cvlew
Novice

May 31, 2005, 3:49 AM

Post #6 of 10 (1366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Goldii] dos licence in shah alam [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
I think it wouldn't be fare to say all malays do not like dogs. Some malays like dogs too. What we should blame if those people in the local authority who narrow minded and did not do their homeworks probably before implement this rule. Don't you realize that our government has been implemented so many rules and regulation in recent yeards which are not favour by most citizen, however, they always have tones of excuse or explaination in their minds if questioned by the citizen.
Malaysian has been living in a comoftable life for so long, and this is the result of "tak kesa" altitude.
I won't be surprise one day the selangor government will ban dog at home for all the district if we still keep quite and accept those rule.

Goldii
Dog Kichi

Jun 1, 2005, 9:36 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cvlew] dos licence in shah alam [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi cv

Yah we do know that not ALL Malays hates dogs (I think only 0.1% keep a dog or two and about 99.9% still hates them!) See who hates them? Who is in MPSA? MPSJ? MPxx? MPxx MPxx? ........ blah,blah,blah.

Still, the problem are the ones in the otority and they do not get the FACTS right before deciding a rule!How to have someone representing us who do not bother to have ALL the facts before opening their mouths? Yesterdays report in the news and also the day before refers. Did he know that dogs DO NOT have furs but hairs, just like yours, mine and his ? Hairs DO NOT cause asthmas! Furs DO! ....... and his pussies at home have furs that may cause allergy and asthma!!!!

Also saw the picture about a downed lamp post with real live electric wires exposed? This can cause serious problems when we walk our dogs but don't the otority do anything urgently or wait till it shorrrrtted....zappp!....some poor unsuspecting kids? Come on MPxxx... you got MORE important things to do lah!! do not pick on the poor dogs! I am begining to smell a 'rat' here!

Regards and cheers,

Goldii

robros
K9 Maniac

Jun 6, 2005, 8:27 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Goldii] dos licence in shah alam [In reply to] Can't Post

You know, some weeks ago, Subang Jaya MP said that he dislikes dogs because his wife was bitten by one before. Hmmm, was that a stupid comment or what? Wonder whether is that why he is more pro Malays in their views on dog ownership?

Goldii
Dog Kichi

Jun 9, 2005, 9:15 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Hi robos

Agree with you but kita punya councillor make such silly remarks can cause BIG troubles!!!

Ai.....say man! The other day, my wifey got bitten by a leech a while Hashing in d bush and she bled so much....takut ...almost pengsan!!......Hey councillor! Let's go destroy all leeches then...!! Grow up man, Mr councillor Next time we better elect our own councillors! Boleh tak?

Regards,

Goldii

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 9, 2005, 6:24 PM

Post #10 of 10 (1270 views)
Shortcut

The sad part is that all those bad experiences lead to another person to dislike dogs. It is not the dogs fault but the dog owners one.

Personally, I am getting angry too, when I step into dog poo on the sidewalk or being attacked by some free running dogs. The difference is, I am getting angry with the owner of the dog, not with the dog.

MKA should take the lead and try to educate dog owners and probably help to sign up rules and regulations for dog ownership. For most dog lovers those "rules" might be common knowledge cum attitude already (e.g. picking up the poo, CGCC, etc.). In this way, we might be able to counter the current development in the country with banning dog breeds and all the other nonsense.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my