Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
HELP! Remove ticks!

xiaochui
Novice

May 23, 2005, 5:17 AM

Post #1 of 11 (2870 views)
Shortcut
HELP! Remove ticks! Can't Post

My shih tzu have ticks on their whole body. Can anyone teach me how to remove all the ticks?

I bath them with some dettol but still got a lot.

All the ticks very small, very hard to remove.

How to kill the ticks? effectively? what product? spray or tick collar?

My shih tzu is about 7 months old

Shinya

May 23, 2005, 6:20 AM

Post #2 of 11 (2866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xiaochui] HELP! Remove ticks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Erm~ Sad to let u know tht u may cut their flur off~ And how did u let the ticks get into ur ST? Ur ST is in indoor or outdoor? And u always bring them out? U have to go to vet or pet shop to ask from them, then go to see docotor to buy some medicine~

and join our fans page at www.facebook.com/Lolipet

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 23, 2005, 10:04 AM

Post #3 of 11 (2864 views)
Shortcut

the most effective way is use drop ons. it will circulate around the dog's skin & all the ticks will die & drop off in 48 hours. please choose products which state that it is safe for ur dogs.

xiaochui
Novice

May 24, 2005, 12:01 AM

Post #4 of 11 (2853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shinya] HELP! Remove ticks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I bring my shih tzu to Melaka, my bf's home town for a week.

His house have 2 doggie that had ticks lor. i cant bring them with me cos don't have car mar.

Now i wont bring my shih tzu to Melaka anymore.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 24, 2005, 5:20 PM

Post #5 of 11 (2847 views)
Shortcut

You can try to use anti tick that is called frontline. You need to spray after 2 days of bathing your dog. Remember to spray it on the skin. The medicine will stay under the skin of your dog for 1 month if you do it properly. Or you can go to vet and buy bedicol. Is anti ticks use to bath your dog.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

axist3
Novice

Jun 3, 2005, 4:53 AM

Post #6 of 11 (2815 views)
Shortcut

you can use a solution called Bayticol...it was recommended to me by my vet. guarantee to kill of any ticks (small/big) . The only downside of this is that it does not provide any further protection from tick bites. You can use Frontline as suggested.

.Lab
Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2005, 11:23 PM

Post #7 of 11 (2800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] HELP! Remove ticks! [In reply to] Can't Post

After bathing?! Sigh. No wonder it didn't work. I do wrongly. She still got flea on her. Only 1 tick drop. Like little round spider.

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Jun 6, 2005, 7:30 PM

Post #8 of 11 (2779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] HELP! Remove ticks! [In reply to] Can't Post

After bathing for 2 days then start to use the spray.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 12, 2005, 9:16 PM

Post #9 of 11 (2759 views)
Shortcut

have you clear the problem?? if not i can suggest you something....some might think is the most stupid thing to do but it work on all the dog i have...maybe you can try this after trying everything ya..

you make a very diluted washing detergent powder..i use biowhite..a good quality because it have less foam <-- it better you use less foam detergent powder, less damage to you dog...a teaspoon of detergent powder+ 1/2 bucket of water..medium bucket..then wash throughly to your dog, make sure you rub into the fur..leave it for a minute and rise with clean water..make sure all is rinse out..as you know it is washing detergent..any left over will damage your furkid coat..repeat it once a week, slowly reduce it 2 twice a month to once a month...you can see the changes...it work for me because my Bobby san like to roam outside and play with other dog..so sometime he smell like a stray dog but after using it, he doesnt have the dog smell anymore..he is tick free after a month of using it..now i only use it when he is back smelling like a doggie smell...Laugh

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 13, 2005, 9:11 PM

Post #10 of 11 (2746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] HELP! Remove ticks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is your doggy flies and ticks free? Beware; if ticks or flies drop ALIVE inside the house then you will have a real nightmare for years to come. They can survive without blood for up to two (2) years.

Frontline is probably the easiest medicine available. Use the spot-on, which works better on long coated dogs. Empty the solution at the neck area (divide the fur to reach the skin) only and your dog will be free of flies and ticks for a whole month.

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Jun 14, 2005, 3:06 AM

Post #11 of 11 (2741 views)
Shortcut

http://talk.petsunite.net/...BB.pl?num=1112806658

Beware...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my