Calling GLNG - Boxer Related Stuff :)

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

May 24, 2005, 1:11 AM

Post #1 of 24 (2787 views)
Shortcut
Calling GLNG - Boxer Related Stuff :) Can't Post

Hello GLNG,

I was going through your boxers photo album. I'm very impressed with Senior and Jade's size and head. So far I've not seen boxers with their size/head, maybe only one or two.

I was wondering whether you could share with me, who the breeder was or do you plan to breed Senior them?

If you don't mind sharing. How would say their temperaments are? Are they well bonded with you? Do they have a favourite toy which they like to play with? and are they nervous around new environment and loud noises?

For comparison purposes, I would really appreciate it if you could share with me Senior and Jade's age and their height at the withers. I still find their head and size very impressive.

I'm guessing that they have very little if no american show lines in them? As they do not look delicate like the american lines. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.Blush

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

May 24, 2005, 7:55 PM

Post #2 of 24 (2761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wildgunsr] Calling GLNG - Boxer Related Stuff :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Wildgunsr,

You love Boxers too?? I crazy for them...I got 6 boxers currently, 3 with me & another 3 in my hometown.

Following are some description which I copy from boxer's website about the BEHAVIOUR/TEMPERAMENT:

"The Boxer should be free of nervousness, self assured, calm and balanced. Temperament is of utmost importance and requires most careful attention. Devotion and loyalty towards his master and his whole own people, his watchfulness and fearless courage in defence have long been famous. He is harmless with his family but suspicious towards strangers, happy and friendly in play, yet fearless in a serious situation. Easy to train on account of his willingness to obey, his pluck and courage, natural keenness and sense of smell. Undemanding and clean, he is just as agreeable and valuable in the family circle as he is a guard, companion or working dog. His character is trustworthy with no guile or cunning, even in the old age."

"These are of paramount importance in the Boxer. Instinctively a hearing guard dog, his bearing is alert, dignified, and self-assured. In the show ring his behavior should exhibit constrained animation. With family and friends, his temperament is fundamentally playful, yet patient and stoical with children. Deliberate and wary with strangers, he will exhibit curiosity, but, most importantly, fearless courage if threatened. However, he responds promptly to friendly overtures honestly rendered. His intelligence, loyal affection, and tractability to discipline make him a highly desirable companion. Any evidence of shyness, or lack of dignity or alertness, should be severely penalized."

My experienced with them is they are playful, self assured, fearless, easy to train & very intelligence. They are Royal to my family. They didn't make noise in new environment even still a puppy & seldom to bark unless see stranger approached.

Senior is 5 years old. He is 1 of the bueatiful boxers that I saw before. Heigh maybe at 25" I guess. Jade is 9.5 mths, her heigh is 23" which I measure last 2 weeks. Yes, I will breed Senior & my other Boxers.

My Boxers ALBUM (Updated : 22/Mar/2005)

http://photos.yahoo.com/glng675

vinkuan
Enthusiast

May 25, 2005, 6:38 AM

Post #3 of 24 (2744 views)
Shortcut

Wah....Glng now our boxer guru....Cool

Yeah...you found the right person to ask about boxer........

I love Senior "Head Size" too....

===================================

Photos.......(Last Update- 08/09/05)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gordenthebox/

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

May 25, 2005, 5:59 PM

Post #4 of 24 (2736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinkuan] Calling GLNG - Boxer Related Stuff :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Guru??!!! Pai Sei larBlushBlushBlush

I still learning ler...

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

May 27, 2005, 10:18 PM

Post #5 of 24 (2707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glng675] Calling GLNG - Boxer Related Stuff :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hie GLNG,

Yes I'm crazy over boxers. Honestly, I love those old boxers that you now find mainly in Europe. They have more bone substance comparing to the American lines, not sure bout the Australian lines, maybe they're not as "bad" as the American lines, but I was told that they're getting there. They seem to lack in the head deparment, not as blocky/square as their European Counterpart, but more rectangular(?)

I'm glad to hear that you find that your boxers are true to the breed standard in terms of temperament.

I'm very particular about the bone substance and conformation of a true boxer. A boxer as defined by the breed standard. Courageous yet friendly, fight when provoked, fearless. A joy to have as a companion dog too. Not sure whether the dogs that are shown in Malaysia is capable of doing all those or not.

Anyways, where are you based at? If you don't mind would love to pay you and your boxers a visit. It has been a very long time since I a boxer that moved me.

I might be , but what do you think of your boxers as protection/guard dogs?

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

May 28, 2005, 6:05 PM

Post #6 of 24 (2695 views)
Shortcut

I crazy a lot on European boxers..damnnn nice for the total appearance!!!!! especially for their Head & body!!

In Malaysia, I think almost mixed liao cant get pure Europe line or American line...even in America, they are now import a lot of boxers from Europe..this is what I search from the net.

Mine wan dun know from which lineage...hahha...but Senior is from USA & Australia lineage.

"fight when provoked, fearless" ..Ya I totally agreed with you coz I experienced from my boxers while I hanging out with them (of course 1 by 1) even they are facing few stray dogs attacked at the same time!!!...but i never let them to fight. Actually they are friendly to other dogs (not like pit bull, pit bull is looking for dogs to fight), but if provoked, they will fight & always stand infront of you never stand behind of you while attacked by other dogs!! Maybe this is what we called "protection".

I stay in Kulim. Breed Boxers just my hoby, I love them! I treat them as my pets & guard dogs.

How about u? where are u stay? current any boxer with u?

vinkuan
Enthusiast

May 28, 2005, 6:15 PM

Post #7 of 24 (2693 views)
Shortcut

Hey, join us at

http://www.puppy.com.my/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

wildgunsr
Dog Kichi

May 29, 2005, 9:19 AM

Post #8 of 24 (2682 views)
Shortcut

That's great to hear, they're very protective of you.

Yes I agree, European lines are still the *best*...hahaha.

I'm based in KL. You're in Kulim, hopefully one day I'll be able to pop by to see your boxers.

I don't have any boxers at the moment. Still continuing my search :)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

May 30, 2005, 7:30 AM

Post #9 of 24 (2670 views)
Shortcut

Hahaah... all your boxers so beautiful... wait for my pics lah... coming soon hehehehh.... show you my leng chai Toby and Rexx.Blush

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

May 30, 2005, 6:23 PM

Post #10 of 24 (2663 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha...u are most welcome to visit my boxers...

Once you get a boxer, they will not let you to forget them...hehehe

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

May 30, 2005, 6:24 PM

Post #11 of 24 (2660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Calling GLNG - Boxer Related Stuff :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Wahhh...got new pics liao...quick quick up-load to show us hah!!!

vinkuan
Enthusiast

May 30, 2005, 7:49 PM

Post #12 of 24 (2659 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Calling GLNG - Boxer Related Stuff :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hahaah... all your boxers so beautiful... wait for my pics lah... coming soon hehehehh.... show you my leng chai Toby and Rexx.Blush

Yeah Yeah...quick quick upload !!!

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

May 31, 2005, 6:24 AM

Post #13 of 24 (2643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glng675, vinkuan] Calling GLNG - Boxer Related Stuff :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahah.. no problem... wait ah.... I can only upload on Saturday coz I will be damn free that tim an have my camera back hehehe... show you Rexx's black face haahaha.... my senior boxer

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

thailabrador
Novice

May 31, 2005, 10:02 AM

Post #14 of 24 (2632 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I am the one who fancy with european espeacially UK bloodline. Now I am in UK looking for a fine bitch puppy.

I would recommend you how best UK boxer is? compare to US.

read this article about boxer in UK, http://www.boxerunderground.com/aug_99/the_uk_bxr.htm

( i think there is not only in the UK who use this rules)

There are plenty of US bloodline in America, I don't think they need to import from Europe. Just a few who like Europe type or the breeder who are from Europ , i think
Thailabs
thailabrador.tripod.com/

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

May 31, 2005, 9:14 PM

Post #15 of 24 (2621 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thailabrador] Calling GLNG - Boxer Related Stuff :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Wawww...u now in UK for searching Boxers!!!!!

Ya...please share with us if you found it....we waiting for your good news!!!!

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

May 31, 2005, 9:15 PM

Post #16 of 24 (2618 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hahah.. no problem... wait ah.... I can only upload on Saturday coz I will be damn free that tim an have my camera back hehehe... show you Rexx's black face haahaha.... my senior boxer

Emmm...we wait 5 more days!!!!

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2005, 4:18 AM

Post #17 of 24 (2600 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thailabrador] Calling GLNG - Boxer Related Stuff :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, in Uk searching for a quality puppy? wah... you are definitely a boxer fanSmile

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2005, 4:35 AM

Post #18 of 24 (2597 views)
Shortcut

Yah loh... must wait 5 days loh... Coz now doing project and I lend my friend my camera... so the pics are inside... me forgot to load it hahaha... silly me.

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 2, 2005, 6:43 PM

Post #19 of 24 (2584 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Yah loh... must wait 5 days loh... Coz now doing project and I lend my friend my camera... so the pics are inside... me forgot to load it hahaha... silly me.

Ohh...oredi take the pic? just wait for upload??

Ehh...upload also Toby pic ler....

thailabrador
Novice

Jun 3, 2005, 3:31 AM

Post #20 of 24 (2572 views)
Shortcut

So far, I went to a show compettion and talked to the breeders. Most of the puppies I have to book for the advance.

Well bred one that I talk to , I have to wait almost a year to get a pupy because she is comprehensive on the show, not breeding yet.

the price is around 650 pound.

how ever, I came to the UK not just for search a dog(the main purpose is something else).I hope to bring back one well bred dog to be the foundation of my breeding programme.
Thailabs
thailabrador.tripod.com/

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 3, 2005, 6:24 PM

Post #21 of 24 (2564 views)
Shortcut

Hi, thailabrador

650 pound around RM4500 or Thai Batt 40K. If really a nice breed, it should be worth!

Waww...need booking for the pups and need to wait 1 year somemore!!!

Know that u are Engineer, mind to inform me which company you are attached too? How many boxers that u currently have?

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2005, 7:39 PM

Post #22 of 24 (2559 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
So far, I went to a show compettion and talked to the breeders. Most of the puppies I have to book for the advance.

Well bred one that I talk to , I have to wait almost a year to get a pupy because she is comprehensive on the show, not breeding yet.

the price is around 650 pound.

how ever, I came to the UK not just for search a dog(the main purpose is something else).I hope to bring back one well bred dog to be the foundation of my breeding programme.

Wow... Cool... Then I book your puppy.

thailabrador
Novice

Jun 4, 2005, 4:05 AM

Post #23 of 24 (2543 views)
Shortcut

yes, engineer, but I didn't come here on my duty. I used to work with Italian-Thai company. Now I am come here for study purpose.
Thailabs
thailabrador.tripod.com/

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Jun 6, 2005, 5:27 PM

Post #24 of 24 (2519 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
yes, engineer, but I didn't come here on my duty. I used to work with Italian-Thai company. Now I am come here for study purpose.

Study?? be a Student now??

Any nice boxer found so far?? mind to share the pic with us..hahaha..cant wait lar

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my