Anyone have any idea of his breed?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jcjsjc
Novice

Jun 2, 2005, 3:47 AM

Post #1 of 30 (2250 views)
Shortcut
Anyone have any idea of his breed? Can't Post

Barney is 7 months old and i got him from a relative. Didn't ask much so have no idea what kinda

breed he is. Took him to a vet before and he said he might be a mixed Dachshund since (to him)

there are two kind of Dachshund: short-haired, long-haired, both of which Barney doesn't fit into

cause he has semi-long, wavy curls. To top it off, he has a colouring of a Rottweiler: black with tan

colouring that's accents eyes, muzzle, four paws and underbelly.

hehe.. so.. a little confused now

-----------------------------------------------------------
You know what? Barney's starting to show some sense..hehe..
Attachments: IMG_0189.JPG (30.1 KB)
  IMG_0191.JPG (47.1 KB)
  Doggy! -front.jpg (12.3 KB)
  Doggy! -side.jpg (9.93 KB)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2005, 5:02 AM

Post #2 of 30 (2242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jcjsjc] Anyone have any idea of his breed? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Your barney is really a mix dachshund. Why? Mix breeds don't always follow a single pure breed. Barney doesn't have the short or wire or long coat of dachshund coz he mixed with another breed so the fur is mix lenght. It's hard to say but you can see his colouring is almost like a black and tan short coat dachshund, he has slightly longer legs than a normal dachshund, maybe mixed with a long legged breed lah. He has a dachshund muzzle but the ears and head not so much. But he is a very beautiful dog!

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

jcjsjc
Novice

Jun 2, 2005, 6:38 AM

Post #3 of 30 (2237 views)
Shortcut

What a pity that just because they are not pure breeds, dogs like mine and many others are call mongrels. Just the word 'mongrel' and people will like "Ew, does he has fleas, sores, wounds. Where you'd pick him up from, the streets? Etc." Look at Barney, he's one of the cutest fur balls and all he lacks is a breed name.. Tongue

Oh i get it! I'll call him "Barney breed"! lol

And for those people with mongrels: Don't let anyone talk bad bout your dog!

kwlean2002
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2005, 4:47 PM

Post #4 of 30 (2228 views)
Shortcut

hi !

Such a lovery dog ! as long as he can cheers you up and guard your house with safe, nothing you'll ask for him !!!

how's old are he now ? you can join us small gathering like on JT !!!

jcjsjc
Novice

Jun 2, 2005, 7:17 PM

Post #5 of 30 (2225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kwlean2002] Anyone have any idea of his breed? [In reply to] Can't Post

what's JT?

nah uh.. afraid of bringing him out to public gatherings cause he still chews stuff (he nibbles on your hand if you pet him) and he LIKES to chase motorcyclist, cyclist and sometimes kids when he's excited, in that order

kwlean2002
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2005, 7:51 PM

Post #6 of 30 (2217 views)
Shortcut

JT means jungle tracking held by member of pp.com ! wll be lead by them into bukit gasing every saturday morning, mostly will spent 1 to 2 hour ! is a short tracking for dogs & owner together, while waiting another big event (just end up) like `paws at the park 8/5/2005' & or K9 day at jan 2005 !

a tips for you, if berney wish to chews stuff (he nibbles on your hand if you pet him), you just stuck it with bones. or everytime show the tone will angry said `NO' ! my dog always like this, till now she 8 months...still behavious like a puppy.

My girl always chewing and eaten my mom plants, we just do the reward & punish (its very important on puppy time) ! till now we no need leashed her at night time or day time ! you must punish `him', so that he'll know, will get `pain' if he mess up the thing or doing the wrong !

or you can register at pp.com `obediant training class'....

BTW, how's old you doggie ?

daniel
Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2005, 8:00 PM

Post #7 of 30 (2212 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
what's JT?

nah uh.. afraid of bringing him out to public gatherings cause he still chews stuff (he nibbles on your hand if you pet him) and he LIKES to chase motorcyclist, cyclist and sometimes kids when he's excited, in that order

Your dog is acting normal lah.. this is how dog acts lah.. thats why you need to bring him out more. Socialize with other humans, dogs and things. In short, make him not so jakun lah. JT is a good place to start..

my dog also lidat wan mah.. if never see you before also will jump around you like jakun.. if see you alot of times already then not so jakun liao..

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!
DUN TALK TO ME IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED.
COS I'M A DAMM KWAILAN FELLA OK!!!

jcjsjc
Novice

Jun 2, 2005, 9:36 PM

Post #8 of 30 (2203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kwlean2002] Anyone have any idea of his breed? [In reply to] Can't Post

Barney is round 7 mths old. Still a pup so he gets tired easily. Don't think JT is a good idea for him or for his mistress(me) yet! Anyway i live round sj area so bukit gasing is kinda far for me. i too think he is lonely for other dogs.

well the praise/punish thingy kinda work i think, cause he seem now able to choose between chewable shoe or non-chewable shoe . wonder if he'll still remember it tomorrow though?

any idea how to get a cat and dog together? i own Kitty too and Barney likes to chase him. how come people's dog and cat on tv so friendly wan???

planning on enrolling him in obedience class but first must solve 'bite hand' problem!

kwlean2002
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2005, 9:46 PM

Post #9 of 30 (2198 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Barney is round 7 mths old. now he will be getting more stable. but need to be carefull on he `like' to chasing motorcyclist, coz it will get you on deep trouble in future, if you not correct it. Still a pup so he gets tired easily. Don't think JT is a good idea for him or for his mistress(me) yet! haha..me also like this, I'm always track half route only, somemore the half route is easier for beginer, no need climb up the hell. you can try someday ! Anyway i live round sj area so bukit gasing is kinda far for me. well I'm also need to travell 1/2 hour to there, 1 of my friend from selayang...see far than us ! i too think he is lonely for other dogs. he will be get used to later !

well the praise/punish thingy kinda work i think, cause he seem now able to choose between chewable shoe or non-chewable shoe . wonder if he'll still remember it tomorrow though? sure he will remember on it, when he see the `things or rottan' make him pain ! Like my girl, when I'm holding rottan, that's mean she do it wrong again, but when I'm holding treats, that's mean she behaviour good today !

any idea how to get a cat and dog together? i own Kitty too and Barney likes to chase him. how come people's dog and cat on tv so friendly wan??? hahaha...sorry can't help you. I'm don'w had cats !

planning on enrolling him in obedience class but first must solve 'bite hand' problem! try put his paws into his mouth, when she do again to you. let him feel the pain of bitting other hands ! my girl won't do that, at least my hand still got the smell of the treats, try hide for it, she will `try' bite but hurt la.... I'm the class got advise on this ! better ask mr.khoo (admin) !

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jun 2, 2005, 11:21 PM

Post #10 of 30 (2188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel] Anyone have any idea of his breed? [In reply to] Can't Post

lol... you so funny.. use 'jakun' to define dogs.. hehe..

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 3, 2005, 2:49 AM

Post #11 of 30 (2181 views)
Shortcut

Well, I call mongrels local breeds. Actually, we should be happy coz mongrels are fom The Asian wild Paria dogs from india. They are in fact a pure breed hahahahha.... just hat so common ah, people just call them mongrels. Well, I find mix breeds and local breeds a surprise in disguise coz we will never know how the dog will turn out when fully grown or how it's temprement would be.

Your Barney is beautiful. Just like my Boxen, dunno why people throw him on the street. He was rescued by a friend and passed to me to foster and find home for him but he found my heart and so now i'm keeping him. your Barney is ok. My Boxen, likes to pee on my legs hahahaha....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 3, 2005, 11:49 AM

Post #12 of 30 (2170 views)
Shortcut

ya do bring barney to Jt then we can see how naughty the fella is but you must be prepare during JT there is more naughty doggie man..your will be a small probelm..trust me........

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

jcjsjc
Novice

Jun 3, 2005, 7:34 PM

Post #13 of 30 (2150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Anyone have any idea of his breed? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah was thinking that i will join the JT but since my exams are coming up, it will have to be postponed for a bit. may i know where is the venue? is it the 'bukit' where there is an indian temple at the top?

.Lab
Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2005, 8:58 PM

Post #14 of 30 (2146 views)
Shortcut

Nice dog you have there.

Maybe you should get your dog a different thing to chew. 2 shoes can really confuse a pup Crazy. If he bite your hand, slap the mouth and turn away, ignore. Or do what I do when my dog bites too hard or jumps. I grab her collar, look very stern and angry and chain her up with a short metal leash for 5 mins or less. Until she look sorry for herself((Maybe not sorry at all, dunno lah)).

When you take Barney out does he pull on the leash? You got medium size dog, not much of a problem but mine big dog. Pull alot. You own kitty also? Shocked Waah. Dog and cat not always live together.

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 3, 2005, 10:08 PM

Post #15 of 30 (2140 views)
Shortcut

in bukit gasing...in you come from federl highway..turn left after u pay the big arc brigde..then go all the way straight until you see a temple on your left, turn in and u will never miss us one..if still cannot where you live..maybe we can meet you some place nad then guide you there until you use to the road lor...me go Jt quite often cuz my Bobby san love it lor...Laugh

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

jcjsjc
Novice

Jun 3, 2005, 11:37 PM

Post #16 of 30 (2132 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Anyone have any idea of his breed? [In reply to] Can't Post

hello!

I've read a few of your past post and ur Lab seems very friendly, being able to make friends with any dogs. Cool and i noticed that Barney's ears look a bit like ur Lab's

I bought Barney bones before to chew on but he losed interest in them as soon as he got them chewed up, soggy and basically out of shape. wanted to buy nylon bones cause pet shop owner recommended they keep longer but.. is nylon digestable? scared he get stomachache.. Tongue

basically to stop him biting hands i had to hold his muzzle and stare hard into his eyes to get the message through! but it works cause he rarely bite me anymore whenever i cuddle him.oh yeah he pull like mad. for a dog his size i'm astonish at his strength. i still remember back to the days when I had to pull HIM when we go for walks.

now i'm wondering how to get a dog to be best friends with a cat!

jcjsjc
Novice

Jun 3, 2005, 11:40 PM

Post #17 of 30 (2131 views)
Shortcut

i'm staying in usj. can u give directions from sj? one day i will go explore a bit and see where it is.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2005, 4:36 AM

Post #18 of 30 (2127 views)
Shortcut

Hey, good to know he's showing some sense. why not bring Barney for a dog gathering? It'll be fun for bout you and Barney.

.Lab
Enthusiast

Jun 4, 2005, 5:05 AM

Post #19 of 30 (2126 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, too overall friendly = Not good at times Pirate

Well she's learning. Tpday when I took her out she didn't pull so much and can jog with me and adjust her speed to mine. But like to block me from turning to the right((She learn to walk on the right only)). Must use choker, she learn more sense. But her road sense horrible. Sometimes I let her off leash to follow me home, short distance. She run in the MIDDLE of the road. Unimpressed Thats terrible.

Like crazymouse said, try bringing Barney for a Puppy.com event. You missed the Paws In the Park((May 8th))?

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 5, 2005, 9:00 AM

Post #20 of 30 (2106 views)
Shortcut

USJ arh?? me not familiar with usj..you know the federal highway..the one can lead to midvalley...travel the direction to midvalley..you sure can see a sign board writetn, jalan gasing on your left..the go up the flyover..traffic light, turn left and go all the way straight...after travel quite a distance, pay attention on your left, you will see a temple, if i am not mistaken, it yellow in colour, turn in (left) the drive all the way straight..after awhile, you will see the jungle entrance on your right..hardly miss because there will be alot of trekking in that area..

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

jcjsjc
Novice

Jun 5, 2005, 10:19 PM

Post #21 of 30 (2093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Anyone have any idea of his breed? [In reply to] Can't Post

only recently have i been surfing this forum so missed quite a lot of things i guess
is choker the harness like thingy? if not what is it? if i let Barney off leash arh die lo sure kena langgar wan stupid dog Frown

jcjsjc
Novice

Jun 5, 2005, 10:27 PM

Post #22 of 30 (2092 views)
Shortcut

do i have to inform anyone when i wanna join or do i just show up?

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 5, 2005, 11:45 PM

Post #23 of 30 (2088 views)
Shortcut

u can sign up in the event calender thread...normally a new post is post up on wednesday and latest is friday..once a new JT event is post up, you can reply on the forum..this can help the organizer estimate how many k-9 and ppl are coming....somethin we just show up..but it is good is youi can place your name in the thread ya...you dont need to inform any1...just put you name in the list..that should do the trick...

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 9, 2005, 12:53 AM

Post #24 of 30 (2056 views)
Shortcut

I think Barney is an austrailian cattle dog cs the colour looks like itSmileand so is the fur. Or maybe he's a kelpie. Doesnt looks like a dachshund.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jun 10, 2005, 8:23 AM

Post #25 of 30 (2046 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Anyone have any idea of his breed? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah... you give breeds that are rare in malaysia pulak hahahaha.... kelpie and australian cattle dog don't look like that lah. Many dogs got the same colour only hehehe....Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my