Home: Mixed Breed: Mixed Breed and Mongrels:
Mongrels are the best!

Gita
Novice

May 20, 2005, 8:14 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1588 views)
Shortcut
Mongrels are the best! Can't Post

Hi, my doggy. Molly, is a mongrel. In fact, from my childhood i have always picked up all kinds of strays.

She is very beautiful and lovable. I cannot think of life without her.

She has loads of personality and is treated like a queen in our house. She loves gifts and is very sad if one of us returns from a trip with nothing for her.

We are new to Malaysia but our neighbourhood is full of dog owners - so it is paradise!

Do you know where I can get a pooper scooper because she will not poop in the house ever. Even outside she looks for a discrete spot and then I cover it up with some leaves or I pick it up and throw in the trash.

looking forwards to getting to know all the dog lovers here,
Gita

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 21, 2005, 4:01 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gita] Mongrels are the best! [In reply to] Can't Post

well where are u from? there are lots of dog lovers here but sadly, most of the muslims hate dogs..

Gita
Novice

May 21, 2005, 6:04 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Mongrels are the best! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I am from India and so far I only see dog lovers around me here.
In fact, even the quarantine that I was dreading was made a pleasant experience because off the gentle and loving nature of the people of this beautiful country.

Well, I have had the good fortune to meet Muslims who like dogs and the misfortune to meet people from other religions who can't stand dogs.

More than by religion, I feel humans are divided into 2 groups: those who love dogs and those who don't.

My baby is taking some time to adjust to this major move- she howls a lot when my husband leaves for work and I have to keep cuddling her.

Here's wishing you all a very happy Wesak, a beautiful day to remind us of the Compassionate One.

Sydney
Doggyman

May 23, 2005, 12:12 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1532 views)
Shortcut

Hi, welcome to the forum cs you're new here and in malaysia. Yea mongrels are really great dogs. My dad said that the stray mongrel which walks the nite is called vege dog. Well at least there's som ppl still caring for the stray mongrel. So kind. You dont have to use the leaves for a pooper scooperUnimpressed. That's really yucky. We can use the newspaper or some old paper that we dont use and fluh it into the toilet bowlSmile. there's some pooper scoopers available at carefour.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Gita
Novice

May 23, 2005, 4:13 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Mongrels are the best! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the kind welcome. Yes, I saw a scooper in Carrefour but it seemed to be for cats.

Sydney
Doggyman

May 24, 2005, 3:48 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1510 views)
Shortcut

Ok then, try the newspaper with some other newspaper. Or chack the Pudu's pet shop. I think there's a pooper scooper there. I'm not really sureUnimpressed

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

a_evie
Doggyman

May 28, 2005, 2:55 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1455 views)
Shortcut

i do recall some doggie poopie scooper at this pet shop in ss2 (along d houses on d main road). alternatively try d pet shop at ikano.

welcome to msia!

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 30, 2005, 12:41 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1434 views)
Shortcut

well, wat you say is true. i do came across with muslims who love dogs too. i agree with the "2 group" statements posted by you. but what sadden malaysian dog lovers is those who impose restrictions on dogs are mainly muslim non dog lovers who never own a dog before and even hate dogs. where are you staying?

BoyGeorge1
Dog Kichi

Jul 7, 2005, 9:44 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Mongrels are the best! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

You gotta maltese ... I gotta maltese.... they are really cute eh

How old is yours?

He who cheers me up when I am down
He who comforts me when I am sad
He who brightens up my day ............

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my