Rottweiler Breed

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

shaun_sia
Novice

Nov 8, 2004, 8:07 PM

Post #26 of 98 (2763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [XoXo] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

yup..i m very pleased with my rottie, Jazz, though she is old she still look beautiful...even my vet commented that she has been very well kept...

aha...she can't walk long distance these days, she needs to stop on the way for a walk...sometime she even have to lie down for a while 2catch her breath...then i will stop by n stoke her head... n we will continue walkin...

she will still bark at stranger coming near my house from where she lies...only "emergency" she will run 2the gate n bark at intruders...

she is an old faithful... n i really appreciate her service as a guard dog...

ngkl
Novice

Mar 23, 2005, 9:44 PM

Post #27 of 98 (2648 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shaun_sia] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Rottie attacked children. So whose fault? Owner or the malay boy? I do hope that the 3 dogs will have a better life after this incident. If really wanted to put to sleep, better put the owner to sleep for good. You all should go and have a look at the place in Puchong. Not even fit for a human to stay, and he treats his dogs like cockroaches. What the hell he is thinking about. The owner of these 3 lovely dogs should have goes to prison. Such irresponsible person shouldn't keep this type of dog. As for the boy, i really hope that he will learned a very valuable lesson. Don't go out and disturb dogs.

(This post was edited by ngkl on Mar 23, 2005, 9:45 PM)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2005, 4:43 AM

Post #28 of 98 (2632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ngkl] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ngkl,

Another sad story of our breed ..., I hope the the authority will deal wt the owner rather than punish the dog. Its always

stupid & irresponsible owner who who coz the bad name to the breed. Typical charcteristic of irresponsible owner...only wan to own

them but dun wan to take care , much less bother to train them..... !!! tis kind owner should be punish severely .......!!

when dogs r let out in pack, they will work like a pack and hunt like apack....part of their instinct.....!! owners have theresponsiblity to

ensure incident like this do not happen...esp when they r let out in-pack......!!!

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

ngkl
Novice

Mar 25, 2005, 9:15 PM

Post #29 of 98 (2625 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Now the owner even wanted to cheat the authority by sending another 2 mongrels to them. Hiding from the fact. I'm really disappointed with his attitude by giving them the "one", I think he dislike most. Then go and hide the other two.

Really disappointed. I can't walk my dog recently. Everyone is talking, gossiping and started to pin-point to my house when they walk in front of my house. Started to point at my dog. Started to speak in cantonese - "haiyo ngau sei yan keh kow" ... last time walk in the neighbourhood, nobody says anything, now... my dog is like a star in Setapak. Really bollywood.

tterrynick
Enthusiast

Mar 26, 2005, 1:58 AM

Post #30 of 98 (2620 views)
Shortcut

hi there everyone.

we are getting a 3 y/o rotti next month. any tips on handling a full grown male rott? he is fully trained and a lovable boy. he gets along well with my mongrel girl. he will come home to us early next month. looking forward to him. excited and a bit worried too, because of all the bad press recently. but we need a good guard dog to look after our house as we have just moved into a new area and most of the neighbouring houses are not occupied yet.

i have 3 pekes - nicky, tutu and lingling and a mixed named gigit. so this is the first owning a large breed. anything to look out for?

cheers guys. hope to be part of your rotti group.

ngkl
Novice

Mar 26, 2005, 6:40 PM

Post #31 of 98 (2613 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tterrynick] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! that's nice. Since you got the well trained rotti. I think you should have any problem with him. He gets along well with your gigit. How about your Pekingnese? Just spend more time with him. Rotti get jealous quite easily and they are more dominant type. If you started to handle him, and he seeing you touching/pat other dogs, they don't like it at all. So be extra cautious when you play with your peks...

Have fun with him... he like to play all the time, spend sometime for late evening walk or early morning walk. Let him know the place surrounding neighbourhood.

Rotti loves to play, just enjoy it....

tterrynick
Enthusiast

Mar 26, 2005, 11:08 PM

Post #32 of 98 (2607 views)
Shortcut

the pekes are in the house. gigit and flyboy (rotti) will be outside. hope that works!

chilimson

Mar 27, 2005, 8:35 AM

Post #33 of 98 (2594 views)
Shortcut

Just curious on what you meant by he is trained? Do you mean obedience training or manwork? Please remember that Rottie will be Rottie and so please spend some time understanding this breed. Please spend a lot of time with him when he arrived and watch his temperament. Therefore, it is definitely worth spending time first before you let him loose to roam your house. He will start marking up his "territory" and you will need to take care before you trust him fully.

If his temperament is mild and not a typical Rottie, then having him as a pet is one of the greatest gift you could have. He will be loyal and obedient. You must make sure that he accept you as the dominant owner and obey your voice command.

Enjoy him.

tterrynick
Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2005, 7:57 PM

Post #34 of 98 (2587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chilimson] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

he is supposedly trained as a guard dog, against intruders. we will have to go through training as owners as well in order to handle him. i am actually a bit apprehensive but we do need a guard dog around the house - as i have mentioned, the area i have just moved into is new and most houses are not occupied yet.

chilimson

Mar 28, 2005, 8:52 AM

Post #35 of 98 (2574 views)
Shortcut

I think you need to determine whether the dog is being trained for manwork and please check his temperament. You cannot undone what is being done. A Rottie will always be a Rottie, and so please take extreme care because you must really understand his temperament. Do not take chances, unless you have had plenty experience with the guard dog. I have been keeping them for many years, and I think many people do not understand them and wanted to keep them by assuming that they are like GSD. They are not GSD, and also not GR. Please spend a lot of time understanding him and take control of him. There are many ways of training guard dog, some are fast and some are slow. However, some method leaves permanent "damage" to the dog, and so do not blame them. It is better to install security alarms, then rely on "guard" dogs. You only can afford to own one, when you are prepared to train with them and be the alfa dog. Am not intruding, but just cautioning.

tterrynick
Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2005, 10:34 PM

Post #36 of 98 (2564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chilimson] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

i understand what you are saying and i really appreciate your concern. i will try my best to be a responsible owner and look after him well. please feel free to give me more advise. thanks!!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Mar 28, 2005, 10:49 PM

Post #37 of 98 (2553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Polluxx,

How r u doing? Long time no talk

What's ur email? Drop me a mail at realitydreamer69@yahoo.com if u hv the time. Would like your opinion and help on some dogs.

Hope to hear from u soon.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Mar 29, 2005, 2:24 AM

Post #38 of 98 (2539 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi RD,

Nice to see U on-board as well ...!

....do chk ur email !!

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

Sydney
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2005, 1:53 AM

Post #39 of 98 (2513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Booker] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, rottweilers are extreme dogs which like to be taken care of. their ability is good at guarding the house. If you're an experienced owner then you can breed 1. be gentle wif the dog or else you have a stitch.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Booker
Dog Kichi

Mar 31, 2005, 6:58 AM

Post #40 of 98 (2492 views)
Shortcut

Hi Loon,

Nice to see u on board. My first impression when I heard the news of "Rottweiler attacked again!!" early morning from the radio was, "Why ROTTWEILER again??" and immediately my conclusion was, another irresponsible owner. Was wonder what is the purpose of those ppl keeping a rottweiler. Is rottweiler adorable? Well, before 8 weeks then yes, they are adorable but not when they are in their full grown of size. Is rottweiler really a good guard dog? My answer will be, YES and NO. Yes if the owner really understand their dog with stable temperament and really willing to spend lots of time to train them at least the basic obidience. Some Rottweilers are not a suitable guard dog at all especially if they are coming from some Eastern Europe where the breeders tend to breed tame tamperament of Rottweiler so that it is suitable to keep as a pet. Therefore, as an owner, we really need to understand the dog especially ROTTWEILER breed. For me,Rottweiler is not for everybody who just love to own a BIG dog which can make them look really macho when the walk with them at the street but does not understand the breed very well. Rottweiler need a lot of time to play with ppl and run free rather than just chaining them or putting them in the crate.

The worst part of the incident was, the owner didn't even own any dog license. If they are not keen enough to even pay for the lisence, why should they deserve to keep a dog from the first place? Therefore, as a Rottweiler lover, we should point out those irresponsible owner and stop them from keeping Rottweiler before the government totally bend on this breed. Or else, everything will be just too late and Rottweiler breed will become extinct in our country.

ngkl
Novice

Mar 31, 2005, 6:55 PM

Post #41 of 98 (2490 views)
Shortcut

hi buddy,

How are your 'boy' n 'girl' doing? hope everything is fine. When is the real boy or girl is coming? Haha.. I just got my bdr cheras mahkota house keys. Moving in after I renovated a bit of my house. Don't know whether there got rottweiler or not? If not sure people will scare of me when I bring my rottie out for late evening walk. Really discomfort when people looking at my dog and said "killer dog", don't go near to their kids. Really uneducated parent, uneducated uncle/aunty. To them, whole world people is criminal because human also kills what....

sparky84
New User

Apr 19, 2005, 8:36 PM

Post #42 of 98 (2438 views)
Shortcut

Wow...its great to meet so many Rottie lovers here. Really appreciate all the articles and stuff u guys post up.
I own a Rottie too...its a male,now 1yr and 4 months old.
Its such a gentle doggie but a tad playful at times Smile
His fav pastime is nudging me to play his "ball ball" with him. Mm...sadly i'm leaving for UK soon for a yr. Really miss him lots and my parents do not have so much time to play with himFrown And am worried that he will forget bout me...Frown

ngkl
Novice

Apr 26, 2005, 7:42 PM

Post #43 of 98 (2406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sparky84] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

oh no!!! r u leaving for good? if yes, who gonna take care your rottie? poor him... your parent love him or not?

robros
K9 Maniac

May 13, 2005, 1:30 AM

Post #44 of 98 (2366 views)
Shortcut

sad sad day it will be if ever the breed is banned. Like in Shah Alam where rotties along with 7 other breeds are banned. Owners have until end of 2005 to surrender their dogs to the authorities to be put to sleep or give away to a non-shah alam resident. How if you have had your rotties with you for 9 years?? Like asking you to surrender your own flesh and blood. Luckily i do not stay in that area and hope that PJ will never be like that.

owning rotties are not easy. They are a demanding breed. Needs lots of OB training, love, attention and care. Also, if they dun respect you as a alpha person, die-lah! My male rottie only listens to me but can tolerate my family but he won't do as they command. He only listens and do whatever I say.

I have fallen deeply attached to rotties.

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jun 14, 2005, 11:50 PM

Post #45 of 98 (2351 views)
Shortcut

They should keep this breed for sure... they are really a very good dog... i used to have 1 but went to heaven on monday.... rottie wont actually attack ppl unless they disturb the rottie....ROTTIE is such a wonderful dog...

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

"expect the un-expected".....cheers..!!

http://s246.photobucket.com/...07/wollyee/?start=40

ngkl
Novice

Jun 15, 2005, 5:39 PM

Post #46 of 98 (2336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stanleyee] Rottweiler Breed [In reply to] Can't Post

yupe yupe... If they really want to take my rottie away, i'll give away my life together with my dog. This is to show that how much I love them.

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jun 16, 2005, 2:32 AM

Post #47 of 98 (2325 views)
Shortcut

wah... don ahve to give away ur life la.... wakakkaakka.... i think we should actually do something to open up the gov. brains on dog good deeds

I may not be the one who start the fight, but I will not hesitate to finished it ....

ngkl
Novice

Jun 17, 2005, 4:30 PM

Post #48 of 98 (2318 views)
Shortcut

yes yes!!! i totally agreed with you. Why don't on the next election, I'll propose you as one of the district MP? and of course you also can nominate me as one of the MP as well.

then in the parliment meeting, we brain wash our PM, DPM, and all other Minister and Deputy minister...

stanleyee
K9 Maniac

Jun 17, 2005, 6:53 PM

Post #49 of 98 (2315 views)
Shortcut

eh wonderful idea la.....but to wait for the chnce a bit slim la ahhahaha...better find someone who are already working inside the parliment.....

ngkl
Novice

Jun 20, 2005, 5:16 PM

Post #50 of 98 (2288 views)
Shortcut

haiyoyo... then we need extra $$$ to give it to them (under table) .. we must purposely to breed our dog.. so that to gain extra $ for this reason. so i will lose my dog virginity. sob sob...

good idea?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my