First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

.Lab
Enthusiast

May 1, 2005, 5:52 PM

Post #26 of 29 (792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] Need Help.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetz PSY,

Thanks. I'm starting to move outside. I don't know, Hazel doesn't like the choke collar very much so I use the normal buckle collar. What does electronic do?

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PSY
K9 Kaki

May 2, 2005, 4:27 AM

Post #27 of 29 (780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Need Help.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

the e-collar is like a choke collar but not as aggressive, it is like one of those electrical massager whereby it keeps reminding the dog to pay attention to you. As for the collar do use the choke collar, don't yank it hard but enough for it to know the attention is on the boss. Try not to shout at it, just a fast turn at the same time "Hazel heel" and just walk until she turn and catches up with you, once she is at your side phrase her by saying "good heel" and once she is wondering to far a head turn again. The general idea is pay attention to you. Do hope it works and you can go to the gathering. Have fun.

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 3, 2005, 7:19 PM

Post #28 of 29 (755 views)
Shortcut

try this way, whenever ur dog pull the leash, u stop. wait til the dog settle down & sit. once the dog sit, u start walk again, if the dog pull again, u stop. repeat this & let ur dog's mind is set to pull means stop, follow means go. i know it might need sometimes to wait for the dog to settle down, but believe me, dog will stop & sit anyway. then u can start walking again. again, be patient, this is the key.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jun 27, 2005, 5:29 AM

Post #29 of 29 (684 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lab,

First thing u got to know is that 1 hard correction is better than 10,000 soft ones. The hard one would stick in ur dogs mind for some time where as the 10,000 would be nagging.

Try using a prong/pinch collar. They are much safer & effective than choke chains. Prong/pinch collars may look nasty but they are safer. The choke chain suffocates the dog where as the prong/pinch collar only pinches the skin.

First the meaning of "no" has to be drilled into ur dogs head. No means no regardless of situation or surroundings. I think u got that done except that u r unable to correct her when she walks. Basically,when she pulls,tell her a firm "no" n jerk the pinch collar.Not pull. but a sudden jerk. It is up to u to find out how hard to jerk in order to find the level necessary to gain her attention & realize that u mean business.

This is the usual method & it normally works when the correction given is hard enough.Don't forget to praise for good behaviour.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my