Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
dog wont eat at scheduled timesss

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

ffredlee

Apr 9, 2003, 1:02 AM

Post #51 of 72 (2472 views)
Shortcut
Re: [schatzie] dog wont eat at scheduled timesss [In reply to] Can't Post

HahaWink, same like my Kirara we use to find it weird that she sleep on pool of water and yeah she also overturn her water bowl but no picky about food, she ate anything from kibbles to garbage, we have to be extreamly careful when letting her off the leash.

Don't laugh..ok?! We have 5 dogs, a cat (who reign above the domestic animal that we own), a liow ko (bird), 5 tortoises, koi, rabbit, seramah chicken...etc.

I own Bobby, Kirara and the liow ko. the rest is my dad's, mom's bro's.

The rest of our dogs are mongrels...but they're the guard house type and cannot be mix around..they don't bite our family but stranger..I wouldn't know..My Bobby and Kirara always stay out of their way. They are on leash so it's ok coz Bobby and Kirara knows what good for them. I don't know about the other forumer and I don't really know your mongrel, so I don't dare giving opinion on mixing them with your pup.

Still I don't know about choc milk but some forumer find it's dangerous to give dog chocolate. I used to let my pups drink choc milk too but after reading about chocolate in diet and nutrient forum, I don't dare anymore. What about the rest? is it ok?

Freda

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 9, 2003, 5:36 AM

Post #52 of 72 (2471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] dog wont eat at scheduled timesss [In reply to] Can't Post

hi cshellz,

ooh, ur 2nd baby? really sorry to hear richie missing -i remember reading that thread before. don't give up hope yet. who knows he might appear at your doorstep again one day?

i've participated the training for a rather long time, and i must say, it's a really fun experience for both u and your dog! if you wanna enrol, you have to take the form from their office...or maybe call them at 03-77292027, 03-77297822.. i think you could enrol at padang merbuk too, not too sure about this though.. doesn't matter if your dog is non-pedigree as you just need to pay additional RM 20 for that.

i think 8 weeks is still quite young, somemore you mentioned he hasn't finished his jabs.. perhaps 2 or 3 months will be better. no need to rush :D

LOL seems that ur pooch loves yoghurt so much la. too bad his little tummy couldn't take it. maybe you could try to give him a wee bit when he grows older.

regards,
hunter

schatzie
Novice

Apr 10, 2003, 1:37 AM

Post #53 of 72 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] dog wont eat at scheduled timesss [In reply to] Can't Post

sigh...today during lunch time my schatzie refused to finish all her food again....
only took half of her meal which consists of kibbles (which she took the least), potato,
slices of chic meat, and mixed veg.

sigh again.. how can she get her strength back......
also... is givin her mixed veg ok? as the corn and peas sometimes are not digested...
and comes out with the poo poo.....

in the morning, i gave her some choc milk with a piece of bread.. is this okay?

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 10, 2003, 5:52 PM

Post #54 of 72 (2454 views)
Shortcut

Hi hunter, Smile

Thanks for the phone numbers! Will surely give them a call to make enquiries. but yeah, I think I will wait a bit first till he finishes his jabs b4 taking him out. Actually he's still pretty tiny. Wink But has lots of attitude!! hehe

Actually he likes to eat everything and anything. The moment anyone in the family eats ANYTHING, you can see him right at your feet sitting with his ears up and the look in his eyes..."ME ME ME....give MEEEEEEEEEEE!!" Laugh Laugh

I don't think I can find Richie again and even if I do -definitely not right at my doorstep. You see, I live in PJ but we lost him in Seremban. The sad part is, he doesn't know his way around Seremban. if we had lost him here in PJ I'm quite certain he can find his way home. All we can do now is pray he's still alive and that some dog loving family took him in and continues to give him all the TLC. We just dare not think otherwise. Unsure

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 10, 2003, 6:05 PM

Post #55 of 72 (2452 views)
Shortcut

hi schatzie..

Maybe u shouldn't give her too many choices. Test and see what she likes to eat and stick to it for awhile. And I think if the corn and peas come out not digested, u should stay away from it for the time being.

Do u give her vitamins? Some vitamins out there can increase your pup's appetite. Just like for humans..they have Appeton for kids! Smile Especially since she doesn't eat enough, you might want to make sure she at least gets enough nutrition from the vits. Some are gel form, so even if she doesn't lick it from ur fingers, you could just wipe it on her tongue so she has to swallow it.

Somewhere in the forum someone mentioned that chocolate was bad for dogs. So I'm not sure if the choc milk u're giving is good for her. Have you tried puppy milk powder? You could mix the milk with a little glucose to feed her. sometimes for a treat I add an egg to it and boil it together.

For both my dogs, they love to eat boiled chicken/pork. What my mum does is use these meat (chicken drumstick/breast meat) as stock in her soup and before she adds in the salt and other ingredients, she takes the meat out and we shred it just like that. So far, both my dogs love it! And when Richie fell really sick once, we added Glucose to his water to give him energy cause he was too weak to eat.

Well, those are just some suggestions. Smile Hope she starts to eat soon!! Have u visited the pet shop? Maybe they are able to recommend some stuff for you to increase her appetite. Good luck!! Smile Smile

milooh

Apr 10, 2003, 7:03 PM

Post #56 of 72 (2447 views)
Shortcut

Hi there, I read somewhere that chocolate is quite poisonous to your dog when taken in big amounts. Also, dogs do not digest corn well. If I were you, I would feed raw carrots to supplement her diet. I feed my dogs Back to Basics, vitamin c, CQ10, MSM, fish oil and fruits like strawberries.

milooh
Rossie
www.jef-b.com/Dogs

wkser
ALPHA

Apr 10, 2003, 7:06 PM

Post #57 of 72 (2446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [milooh] dog wont eat at scheduled timesss [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

very true the tasty chcolate we eat is poisonous to out dog and also grapes......

regards
kangser and nous

(This post was edited by wkser on Apr 10, 2003, 7:08 PM)

ffredlee

Apr 10, 2003, 7:43 PM

Post #58 of 72 (2440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] dog wont eat at scheduled timesss [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, try not to mix too much food for your doggie while he's still recuperating. His digestive system may still be weak. Get him to the vet, ask for proper diet. Unlike normal healthy dog, your pup may have different diet altogether. But glucose is still a must until your pup is really healthy. I feed Bobby glucose even after he has his appetite for pork chop.

Freda

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 10, 2003, 10:20 PM

Post #59 of 72 (2434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ffredlee] dog wont eat at scheduled timesss [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, although Sparkle has always had a good appetite, I still add glucose to his drinking water.

schatzie
Novice

Apr 11, 2003, 1:23 AM

Post #60 of 72 (2430 views)
Shortcut

haha...today schatzie took her food....
found out tht she will only take her kibbles with
some other supplements in it... and potatoes are making
it work now....
the portion is like 1/2cup kibbles + half potatoe for lunch
3/4 - 1 cup kibbles + half potatoe for dinner....
i know i should feed her more but the food will go to waste as
she wont finish it onli....

i'll try some carrots next time too.

good. can save on the amount of kibbles i give her....
and yes..... i do give her vitamins... 3 types.. there is vitamin
B+E, and anoter 2 which i cant recall now....will check whn i get
back....

she will never, i mean.. in like the 12 days tht ive gotten her,
, never, will she wobble up her kibbles (only kibbles in bowl)
and lick the bowl clean.

I'll prob go to the market this weekend, and buy like
3 pieces of chic breast meat, wonder is this sufficient for
the week...? wht i did previously was the shred it into
pieces and add to her kibbles...

oh.. the worse things about the kibbles, is tht she keeps
them in her mouth, not always swallowing it, and when she
walks around, the kibbles are dropped onto the floor.
ants will come, flies will come! ish! i have once followed
her for 3 metres just pickin up the leftover kibbles she
leaves behind..... does your doggies wobble up kibbles all
by itself?

and the kibbles smells horrid.... i think it's ANF... anyone
here uses it?

think i'll stay off the corn... and the milk choc bottle
tht i bought just liao today... so wont be buying anymore.
puppy milk..... will try and see..... thn can give her tht for
breakfast...... with some bread.. appropriate?

my schatzie is around 4 months now... how long do i have
to feed her puppy food? she is a GR.. when will she be in
full size?

ffredlee

Apr 11, 2003, 6:49 PM

Post #61 of 72 (2424 views)
Shortcut

That's good. But try not to rush her, give her time to recuperate. Now you know her favourite food, just proceed with it.I believe there's direction on the dog food package on which type and amount of food to give (which is depend on their weight) Oh yah, Did you check on the nutrien and diet forum, there's this very useful tip on good food for breed dog..it's call the right food for the right breed, I believe. Check it out!Wink

Freda

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 11:14 PM

Post #62 of 72 (2417 views)
Shortcut

hey schatzie,

sorry for not replyin' your post the other day. i wasn't online for quite some time.

anyway, i'm really glad your lil' girl is munching on SOMEthing now. stick with the food she likes.. don't switch 'em up too often. try not to switch so much mum-mum if not, she'll grow as a picky puppy in future. now that she's eating well with your potato kibbles meal, stick with it.

you could try just giving her milk. i think she'll take it without bread anyway. i'm not sure about putting kibbles in her mouth and walking around with it though.... you really should encourage her to finish her food quickly, and not walk around with food falling off her mouth, for long term's sake.

i've bought ANF for my dog before. had it for few months but later i switched to eukanuba..proplan.. or something (i've switched too many brands, i cannot recall). the ANF pellets are small, and i find my dog always *cough* *chock* *cough* after consuming them. but if it's fine with your dog, and i suppose she likes it since she's eating them now.. stick with it anyway - switching food too often gives your dog an upset tummy.

stick with puppy food until your pup reaches about 1 year plus. consult your vet or check out the bag of food you purchased. this is important, as puppy food provide all the essential nutrients for a growing puppy... but feeding an adult puppy food will cause overweight problems (that's what i heard from the petshop ppl, not sure true or not).

i think your GR will continue to grow until 2 yrs old.

let's just hope things go well with your new pup.

regards,
hunter

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 11:20 PM

Post #63 of 72 (2415 views)
Shortcut

hi cshellz,

yeah. i love a dog with attitude. muhahah. it's a good thing your dog munches anything. this will make the training in future easier - u could use treats to train him easily - he'll do tap dance within no time :D

well, if you richie went missing in seremban, sad to say, slim chance to find him waiting at your PJ door step. well, let's just hope the next family who keeps him treats him like a king and be slaves for him for his entire doggie life :D

regards,
hunter

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 11:55 PM

Post #64 of 72 (2412 views)
Shortcut

hi hunter, Smile

Well, yeah, Richie was the king at home..and now we have a tinier king who's more hyperactive and playful! We are still praying that someone will find him and give us a ring. We distributed hundreds of flyers in that area.

But bad thing about Sparkle is he eats too much! The first time we gave him chicken drumstick meat he gobbled it up so fast you could hear him taking all the air in! And after his meal he burped a few times and was walking funny cause he was too full with so much food and air in his tummy! Had to give him a tummy rub after that..hehe

The first time he came to my house, he was even tinier. And being the glutton he was (and still is) he had his two front paws in the bowl when he was munching on his kibbles! Laugh Laugh Wanted to be as near as possible to his food I think! Wink

schatzie
Novice

Apr 12, 2003, 6:46 AM

Post #65 of 72 (2405 views)
Shortcut

cheers guys.

it would be schatzie 14th day back home on Saturday...getting more homely with each passing day.... she still have the occasional morning cough though.... im giving her 2 dosage of Benadryl each day... 1cc each time...

she's gotten used to the place now.. :) got her own peeing poo poo-ing place.. even learnin to baRk
at stray cats outside! the first week back, she didnt make a sound at all! mom was so worried whether she was mute or not! lol! now she barks to other dogs barks as well.... sometimes you just wish she would be quieter.. hehe... but im not complaining!

yea... potatoe and kibbles are her fav! finishes her food asap in the past 2 days... *touchwood*....problem might be. maybe the portion/ratio of meat and potatoe might be too much!...

gonna teach her some tricks now....... she knows how to sit di..... responses only if you are like 1-1.5 metres away from her.. or else she wouldnt.. any idea how to make this work?

also need to teach her to down... sometimes she gets it..... .. but sometimes getting her attention is even hard enough....... tap dance? how is tht done??? wht else can your furkids do? i wan my to grow up a champion! haha.. champion of me heart can di! :)

let's see, she takes vitamin B+E for muscles formin and breeding, Nutristat for improved nutrition, greenies chlorophyl which she loves! and some Vitapet thingie for better coat......imagine.. i spend 700+ just on accessories when i brought her back!!!!! amazing...

any goldie puppy owners in penang????????????

:)

mackmack
Doggyman

Apr 12, 2003, 8:18 PM

Post #66 of 72 (2397 views)
Shortcut

Penang golden owners??

There's a lot!Wink

u shall meet them at the beach area~

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

schatzie
Novice

Apr 12, 2003, 10:51 PM

Post #67 of 72 (2395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] dog wont eat at scheduled timesss [In reply to] Can't Post

yea

read from the events n gathering section tht there will be a gathering at the crown price area....will try to schedule some time to attend... its kinda far for me. i live at the other end of the island.....

where u located mack?

mackmack
Doggyman

Apr 12, 2003, 11:10 PM

Post #68 of 72 (2393 views)
Shortcut

I'm from KL, staying in US now.

schatzie
Novice

Apr 13, 2003, 1:19 AM

Post #69 of 72 (2389 views)
Shortcut

oo thts nice..working studying there?

so mack is a gr from us ker...? whts the diff from those we have here??

McDonaly
New User

Apr 13, 2003, 8:38 AM

Post #70 of 72 (2385 views)
Shortcut

Dear Schatzie,

I have a Collie (Mackie) who is now 6 months old. I went thru many mealtimes since I got him at 8 weeks old and he did not want to eat.

I now use 2 different dry foods. WELLNESS 5 Mix Puppy Formula and IAMS Large Breed Formula. Half of each kind. I then mix in 2 tablespoons of IAMS canned and about 1/4 cup of water and put the bowl (not metal) in the microwave for about 30 seconds on high. I mix it all up and my Mackie now loves his meals and eats everything right up. Just this week he started eating his morning meal with just the dry food no canned food or water.

Just try different combinations, because dogs have different preferences just like people do. Good luck

McDonaly

mackmack
Doggyman

Apr 14, 2003, 12:52 AM

Post #71 of 72 (2379 views)
Shortcut

working...and looking for a job as well....

YES, mack is US breed, from Michigan. I can't tell if there's any physical/apparent difference from m'sian breed.... but he loves snow!

schatzie
Novice

Apr 14, 2003, 7:39 PM

Post #72 of 72 (2370 views)
Shortcut

ooo.. A collie… always wanted a collie as my 2nd doggie….
sigh… but after my first….don’t think I will be getting another doggie
for a loong loong time already….
thanks MCdonaly…. Believe ive found my doggies secret formula.
it's still not 100 % sure-eat-proof…. But im not complainin much anymore
i have to spend more time boiling the potatoes and chic meat though.
hope all this human food will not get her to used to it....
:)

Mack… and my schatzie loves water…. You can just take the water hose
and spray up in the air, and she will be jumping gulping the water as it
comes down…. Spray to another area, and she will dash across to the other side…… farnee I tell u!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my