Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Weird puppy

arul1001
Novice

Apr 19, 2005, 3:42 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1162 views)
Shortcut
Weird puppy Can't Post

Hai, I'm newbie here. Need our sifoo help here for advise.

I rescue a puppy which his mother is stray dog near my house. My puppy is about 2 months ( I think so). My problem is,,my puppy seems not interested in food, I gave him puppy food ( Pedgree) and mixed with milk and sometimes with warm water. He will only eat it sometimes and always not finish his food eventhough the serving is not that much. Problem is he will still go to his mother for milk. ( His mother will visit him ever night). Currently I still let the puppy sleep at my car porch. I still unsuccesfull toilet train him because he will not come to me eventhough I have food at my hands.

Yesterday I am really piss of because he whining and even barking ( like crying) and scratch my door at 2am. When I open the door he come in and pee right infront me in my house and later he went out for poo ( I think so). But he keep on walk and sniffing the road in circle and giving whining sound ( like he can't find a place for poo ) but he did not poo ( His position already like puppy want to do bussiness)

What is happening to my puppy? I have no idea because this is my first time keep puppy as a pet.

chrisong
Doggyman

Apr 20, 2005, 6:04 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arul1001] Weird puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

No need to worry la. That is nornal for a puppy.Wink

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 27, 2005, 8:19 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arul1001] Weird puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

i've just adopted a 2 month old pup too.

she also doesn;t finish her food and not attracted to food at all. i think its probably she's not use of eating other food than her mother's milk. and she might not recgnize the food that i hold. (coz she had not eaten it before).

but she's interested in playing, whenever i want to walk away, she'll follow by the side and jumping all around. looks very playful.

as for toilet training. u have to be more patient and consistent. place the paper at the same place everyday. try to observe the pup whenever u can, and when u notice that he is goin to pee, quickly pick him up and place him on the paper. try not to let him had a chance to pee at other place other than the paper, coz he'll be attracted to the scent and probably go back to the same spot everytime.

the first spot that ur pup pee choose to pee in ur house is very important.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my