Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

potter

Feb 13, 2007, 8:24 PM

Post #26 of 29 (5317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianlim] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

US and Canada are generally dog friendly countries but even a dog friendly country does not mean you can bring your dog anywhere you want, at least not as human friendly if you get what I mean. Of course, people there do slip their dogs in bags and go to restaurants etc if their dog is quiet and well behaved but dogs are actually not allowed in restaurants and also in groceries stores that sell food. If the staffs sees you, they may or may not ask you to leave the store. Some staffs do follow the rules and ask you to leave but as for the dog lover staffs, well I don't think they will say anything, some will even pet your dog! Even in US, there are so many states, different states have different rules for dogs so if you own a dog in New York compared to Nevada, it is different. Of course, compared to Malaysia, its easier to bring your dog out here to the public park, sidewalks, etc. As for housing, as far as I know when it comes to highrise, in Canada or US, there are certain that allows pets and some that don't. It might be a general rule that dogs are allowed but it is not a 100% rule. I will not say if more building allow or don't allow dogs because frankly, I do not have the statistics but I do know people from US and some have to rehome their dogs because they are moving in to highrise that do not allow dogs. Same as in Canada. Situations like that do exist here also. Sad to say.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Feb 13, 2007, 8:42 PM

Post #27 of 29 (5315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianlim] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

ianlim...

i can only say, thieves are getting much more intelligent and beh zai siii (dono how to die)...

nowadays, grills and locks can be opened fairly simple and easy with the correct tools.. yea thanks so much to these useless tools that our dogs remain the best thief catchers... but, again, if only many understand this..

ever since i heard that US is a super dog-frenly place, and msia is not so frenly, i hav wished to take molly to live in the US...

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

ianlim
Dog Kichi

Feb 14, 2007, 11:45 AM

Post #28 of 29 (5310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [potter] How many of you live in a Condo or Apartments with your dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
US and Canada are generally dog friendly countries but even a dog friendly country does not mean you can bring your dog anywhere you want, at least not as human friendly if you get what I mean. Of course, people there do slip their dogs in bags and go to restaurants etc if their dog is quiet and well behaved but dogs are actually not allowed in restaurants and also in groceries stores that sell food. If the staffs sees you, they may or may not ask you to leave the store. Some staffs do follow the rules and ask you to leave but as for the dog lover staffs, well I don't think they will say anything, some will even pet your dog! Even in US, there are so many states, different states have different rules for dogs so if you own a dog in New York compared to Nevada, it is different. Of course, compared to Malaysia, its easier to bring your dog out here to the public park, sidewalks, etc. As for housing, as far as I know when it comes to highrise, in Canada or US, there are certain that allows pets and some that don't. It might be a general rule that dogs are allowed but it is not a 100% rule. I will not say if more building allow or don't allow dogs because frankly, I do not have the statistics but I do know people from US and some have to rehome their dogs because they are moving in to highrise that do not allow dogs. Same as in Canada. Situations like that do exist here also. Sad to say.

Lol.., thats funny.., my Rocky is too big to fit inside a bag or whatever.. Atleast at the street people won't freak out when we brings dogs for walking, unlike Malaysia, there are many people really afraid of dogs, sensitive religion issue though.. Unsure

But loves Yasmin's works, as she is the unique one who features a doggy in Gubra.. Frown Frown

Anyway, thanks for the info, well, atleast the options are available, unlike Malaysia, no options and we have to 'curi-curi' here.., sigh..

Do you watch the movie call 'Kate and Leopold' before?? There is guy live with a bull dog in the shop apartment, i forgot which floor they were staying, and, the apartment have lift even just for 5 floors.. Frown , if only Malaysia shop apartment has lift too, lol..

Gee, sorry for tends to gone off topic all the time.. Frown

Also, another plus point is dogs rights, animals protection at the US, i assume Canada too, is much much better than Malaysia. People jail for torturing dogs, people jails for shooting dogs.., Here.., huh, only FINE, wth??!! Frown

In Reply To
ianlim...

i can only say, thieves are getting much more intelligent and beh zai siii (dono how to die)...

nowadays, grills and locks can be opened fairly simple and easy with the correct tools.. yea thanks so much to these useless tools that our dogs remain the best thief catchers... but, again, if only many understand this..

ever since i heard that US is a super dog-frenly place, and msia is not so frenly, i hav wished to take molly to live in the US...

I think thats because they got used to it and, many of them aren't locals, if you know what i mean, and i really disses those alot, they promote the crimes rates for Malaysia, sigh.. Frown

Oh, you can bet on that, they have PETA at US/CANADA, and i myself is a PETA member, nope, i am not joking, i am a yearly PETA donor, i sign up from the US, but it's the Canada HQ sends me newsletter all the way from Canada..

There are many critics and negative comments on PETA, yeah, i know, they can be very extreme, but, for dog's sake, they are angels to them..!!

I always wanted to migrate to Canada, maybe i will apply job VISA under PETA, and bring my naughty brat along, but i am worry he won't fit the weather over there.. Frown

potter

Feb 14, 2007, 12:56 PM

Post #29 of 29 (5304 views)
Shortcut

Hehe I agree we are a bit off topic but I think healthy discussion is good. It also enables us to widen our knowledge. Ya having a dog here, you do not feel as much pressure. The least, you can bring them for a romp in a public park with other dog and you'd meet other dog owners as well and chat a little. Malaysia also can, just not when there are alot of people there because of ethnicity respect. Ya people here get in to big trouble if they abuse their dog. Even if your dog is sick, you didn't bring your dog to the vet, you are already in big trouble. Certainly, here eating dogs are not permitted and its hard to do it without anyone knowing. In Malaysia, I guess eating dogs do happen among the aren't locals, if you get me and I can't even imagine why they are never caught because of that. So far, I have never heard of them being caught due to eating dogs...ewwww..I don't even want to start thinking about it.

As for PETA, I do respect them for objecting to skinning baby seals in Canada and their effort in chinese fur farms, protesting against animal researches. But, as for any organisations, they also have their controversial side. I have heard of Peta being extreme in some cases. According to one of my friends in New York, they were said to be responsible for a poisoning at a dog show a few years ago. She has also seen people being attacked in New York. PETA also protests about killing animals for fur coats, but I feel it is not right to attack people who do. Also, they sent people undercover to set fires in commercial kennels and dogs do die from that. Here is a link on a different issue:

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/...tail.cfm/release/109

I really hope as controversial as it is, it is doing a lot of good to the animal world and make a big change because the millions and millions of donations that they collect each year is a huge sum.

Personally, I like to participate more in smaller rescues like nopuppymills.com where they collect donations and buy animals from auctions, rehabilitate and rehome them. As a group is being smaller, you know where the money goes, what they are doing, the objective is only one and thus it is clear. Also, there are no violence involve.
potter

www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=410379

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my