Blood Parasite In Dog

bengyong
Novice

Mar 29, 2003, 6:59 PM

Post #1 of 2 (817 views)
Shortcut
Blood Parasite In Dog Can't Post

Hi,

Recently my aunt's dog has passed away because of "blood parasite" as claimed by the vet. My aunt cried for one whole day because the night before the dog died, the dog was suffering and there is not much thing she can do about it, the next morning, the dog was gone.

B4 the dog was gone, my aunt and I actually brought the dog to the vet coz the dog was losing appetite and getting weak day by day. Tthe vet told us that the dog was suffering from "blood parasite" and does not has enough nutrition. A "Nutritious" jab was given with few tablet. Unfortunately that does not help to cure the dog.

So, I am wondering anyone out there know what exactly is that "Blood Parasite" and any suggestion of cure. Form the internet I found something call "Babesia". Any Idea.

Regards,

<<<<<< BENG YONG >>>>>>
Have you walked your dog today?

Trivor
K9 Servant

Apr 7, 2003, 8:38 PM

Post #2 of 2 (795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bengyong] Blood Parasite In Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to hear that!! this is a shock news!! Hope you find this useful: Pirate
Babesia is a tick-transmitted protozoal parasite that can cause MALARIA-LIKE symptoms and HEMOLYTIC anemia. I believe this is not common dieases, and occasionally happened in Malaria outbreak country..
Pls find below link. I hope this is useful qua? Real sorry Unsure

cal.vet.upenn.edu/dxendopar/parasitepages/protozoa/babesiacanis.html

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my