American Pit Bull Terrier

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Mar 11, 2005, 1:14 AM

Post #26 of 93 (2701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tuckfook] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Dog fights = grave injury n possibly death 2 both animals. If u hv a better definition of cruelty, pls amuse me.

U dont need PBTs 4 a dogfight. Place 2 fairly dominant n aggressive male JRTs in a pit environment with no avenue 4 retreat, egged on by deir owners n d crowd n u’ll hv an equally bloody battle. But nobody wants 2 watch a featherweight fight, everybody wants 2 c d heavyweights…so let’s bring in d PBTs! It’s not so much bout d breed but d big fights n d bloodier, d better. It’s never bout d breed but more 2 ‘satisfy d owner’s ego’, as u put it.

There’s nothing natural bout d PBT’s affiliation with fights. D PBT’s make up is from a myriad selection of breeds, carefully selected n bred n cultivated by man 2 b aggressive. It’s man made aggressiveness. Nothing against aggressive dogs as long as owners can find proper avenues 4 dem 2 flex deir muscle n energy eg. hunts, Schutzhund events.

Guess v’ll never know if d PBT prefers watching Animal Planet on Astro, sun bathing on d beach or catching frisbees in d park as opposed 2 lining up 4 a fight till death…ever tried 2 get in2 d psyche of a PBT n ask him wat he really prefers doing b4 putting him in a pit? He doesnt hv a choice, but u do.

Groovy (JRT), ‘I think Bull Terriers r pretty cool…funny face tho’

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

tuckfook

Mar 11, 2005, 2:30 AM

Post #27 of 93 (2694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Deprivation is a form of cruelty !

You obviously know how a dog wags it's tail when it is happy, well, PB will do that just before engagement. In an open space where it can run, it'll choose to fight instead of running. They do not yelp in pain and quite often tails wag during the fight.

PB is in an open class where all comers are taken. Rott. at over double the weight of PB will be brought down in seconds.

Yes, dogfights are very much to satisfy the owners' ego which is why they are often prepared to bet all their money.

Because of blood and injury even death, we deem it cruel, I agree. Thoroughbred horses will keep running until they collapse and die, which is why a jockey has to pace the horse and then stop it after the race. Human greed is the true cruelty. We watch two people pound each other in the head and call it a sport !

The PBT breed is all about killer instincts towards other dogs, it should have no place as a pet. Many potential PB owners like to associate with this breed not knowning the dangers involved.

When you have kept a PB you'll find that it tries it's best to get into a fight. Climbing 6ft chain link fences is no deterrent. Waking up after an electric jolt, it'll look for the other dog to fight again. Believe me, there is probably no other more agressive dog breed on this planet.

BTW, the reason why we do not use PBT for hunting is that they try to take on wild boars, often 5 times it's weight, with 2 razor sharp fangs and a hide tougher than car tyres, on top of that in the Boar's home ground ! Often critically injured, they will want to go again.

Tuckfook.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Mar 11, 2005, 8:52 PM

Post #28 of 93 (2684 views)
Shortcut

Certainly amusing, so v hv somehow come full circle n reverted 2 d oldest n most reliable method of analyzing a dog’s behavior…tail wagging. Wagging tails doesnt always mean a dog is happy or friendly. Dogs wag deir tails ven dey r overexcited or over stimulated as well. Some wag ven unsure, apprehensive n wish 2 submit 2 a bigger dog. Some wag even ven dey c a stranger. Some even wag in d hope of pacifying a ferocious dog. Some wag ven dey receive mixed signals from deir owners…‘Hey boss, wat r u trying 2 say ah, can u stop using those monosyllabic commands n be a bit more articulate.’

If ur PBTs no longer hunt, what do u do in order 2 keep dem occupied ie. 2 flex deir muscles n energy.

Groovy (JRT), ‘I wag ven I see lovely ladies on d street…its a pity I cant whistle.’

tuckfook

Mar 12, 2005, 8:51 PM

Post #29 of 93 (2659 views)
Shortcut

You gotta be able to tell the type of wag a dog makes ! There are happy one, nervous ones, unsure ones etc. Well, I've had dogs for over 25yrs so I guess I can tell to a certain extent. Even from the eyes and facial expression and body posture I can make a good guess. It'll be quite tideous and difficult to describe though.

My pure PB are now all retired or buried. Now trying PB x Boxer for hunting. Waiting for the next line, Beagle x PB x Boxer. Hopefully I can also get Beagle x JRT.

Raphael
Dog Kichi

Mar 14, 2005, 7:11 AM

Post #30 of 93 (2642 views)
Shortcut

groovemaster
i really didnt want to reply anymore,and i wont

you are trying to blow a baloon with a big hole in it(wasting time),u can see very clearly that he will change his words in a blink,and run around in circles,he will not apologies..even if he knows he is wrong,and will jump from a topic to another,insisting on the instinct thingy,which researches done by midical and behavior experts have proven that its a myth full of sh!tt,its a myth only used by two groups

1-ppl who have no idea what they talking about

2-ppl who have sick minds to put two dogs to kill one another

groovemaster ,,i have enjoyed reading what you wrote(((please write in bigger letters next time)))and hope to see more of your realistic posts and advices

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Mar 14, 2005, 10:46 PM

Post #31 of 93 (2623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Raphael] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry 2 hv 2 drag u back in2 d thread but thanks 4 d support anyway. He being an experienced PBT owner is allowed 2 hv his own opinions. His being a passion for d PBT’s fighting n maiming abilities, ours 4 d preservation of d breed. D public will hv 2 make deir own informed decision on d matter.

Just 1 final word of caution 4 all prospective PBT owners. D PBT is a mighty animal n its domain shld only b restricted 2 d privilege of a select few owners, those of great tenacity 2 handle d breed…n those with equal intelligence 2 match dat of d breed.

Giv dem d respect dey rightfully deserve.

Groovy, ‘I think PBTs r pretty cool…funny face tho.’

tuckfook

Mar 16, 2005, 12:39 AM

Post #32 of 93 (2604 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Just 1 final word of caution 4 all prospective PBT owners. D PBT is a mighty animal n its domain shld only b restricted 2 d privilege of a select few owners, those of great tenacity 2 handle d breed…n those with equal intelligence 2 match dat of d breed.

Giv dem d respect dey rightfully deserve. You said it right ! Know what you are getting into. The PBT is not everyone's pet !

Raphael contradicts himself and insults others without reason - hey Moderator where are you ? Anyway there is no need to go down to that level.

We are discussing dogs and we have our experiences and also learn from the experience of others. Facts and research speak for themselves.

Rishi
Novice

Apr 15, 2005, 5:16 AM

Post #33 of 93 (2517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chiayi] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

That is nice to see some pit bull lovers here.

many are saying something good and some bad about this pit bull.

many who said about bad about pit bull are never own a pit bull. I hope if the pit bull owners

can send some of their pit bull pictures here will be nice to see.

I have heard some where..." You are not welcome to the heaven untill ur pit bulls welcome u"

I new to this forum.

Rishi
Novice

Apr 15, 2005, 5:26 AM

Post #34 of 93 (2514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Edmund Lee] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hi... i got a news for who are looking for american pit bull terrier. you can log-on to www.adpost.com under malaysia classified pets FOR SALE / ADOPTION: American Pitbull puppy. for any information about this dog.

Hello,

Do any one here know when did the pit bull was banned here.... some says 5 yrs ago, some said 15 yrs ago. Do any one here know ????

Chiayi
Novice

Apr 15, 2005, 7:55 AM

Post #35 of 93 (2507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rishi] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

hi rishi! if u dun mind giving me ur email, i can send pictures of APBT's for u to see how they look like.. take care!

Chiayi
Novice

Apr 15, 2005, 8:47 AM

Post #36 of 93 (2507 views)
Shortcut

Pit bulls make great and good pets, yes they have a place as a pet and they are really good at it not just fight in pits. Pit bulls are also dogs, don't make it sound like they are monsters who are all out to kill. For goodness sake, pit bulls are not born just to fight and bite in matches, that so called killer instinct is cultivated and encouraged by owners who like to put their dogs in pits for them to fight so people can bet. If you raised a pit bull to be aggresive of course you will get a winner in the end, just like any other dogs, even if you raised a miniature poodle to be aggresive, it will be aggresive too. It's how you raised your dogs when they are young, just like humans. Prize money in dog matches can be really be lucrative thus of course some people can sleep at nite not thinking about their dogs getting hurt or inflict pain on other dogs but they are just thinking bout the cash involve. Once anyone who has ever have a pit bull for a pet, (I have 3 pitbulls) they will know how much a pitbull can love and protect their owners till death. They would not give up loving and protecting you till their last breath. So dun manipulate their real instinct that is to love us humans so much and make them fight. The bond of love is so strong that the pit bulls will do anything to please their owner and that include getting attention and love in return if they fight and win in matches for their owners. Now tell me isn't that the real cruelty exploiting the love of a dog for his human that just wants to use the dog as a tool for the ego which is downright to it is for the money! Some people are in real denial. How could anyone take pleasure if they really love their dogs to watch them suffer and be in pain during fights? Yes the adrenaline must be pumping hard but the aftermath, the injuries are real. Pit bulls are not immuned to pain. Yes pitbulls are agrresive because they are so aggresive to own his/her owner's love in return. If anyone who ever loved a dog or any other creature, they will know how it feels like to look into the eyes of his/her dog to see the unconditional love that exist in their hearts for us. Dun make them fight, they are just animals, they dunno better only thinking to please us out of love, we humans not just should but must know better...

Rishi
Novice

Apr 15, 2005, 8:19 PM

Post #37 of 93 (2484 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hi rishi! if u dun mind giving me ur email, i can send pictures of APBT's for u to see how they look like.. take care!

Hello,

Thanks, will love to see the pictures

(This post was edited by Admin on Apr 16, 2005, 10:48 PM)

tuckfook

Apr 15, 2005, 10:54 PM

Post #38 of 93 (2474 views)
Shortcut

I must say you have a very romantic understanding of dogs and dog breeds !

Remember many specific breeds were bred for specific purposes in the first place ! Don't get that confused with what happens long long after ! I think you have everything the wrong way round.

Of course you can have pit bulls as pets and they do make good pets BUT FAIL PIT BULLS ! Which is why they are often called pet APBT. As with GSD etc. you can have pets, work dogs or show dogs. Make that distinction and it will be better understood.

As for instincts, even pets have their instincts bred into them for many many generations, which is why it is difficult to breed to get rid of the dogs' wolf instincts. When under pressure, the dog will always revert to their well hidden instincts which is why they may become dangerous.

The rottweiler attacking the poor boy recently or the past incidences with dogs attacking people are all examples of dogs' instincts.

Your comparison with a poodle, don't dream ! a good APBT will kill a any Great dane, Boxer, GSD, Rottweiler, all bigger dogs, in a very short time. Just remember that the APBT was specifically bred !

Yes people are mercenary and love to make money, even at the expense of their dogs. That happens in dogs racing, Horse racing, fish fighting etc. None are any less cruel.

Just try to understand human instincts too especially your own for one day you might just need it to survive.

Tuckfook

Chiayi
Novice

Apr 16, 2005, 12:25 AM

Post #39 of 93 (2460 views)
Shortcut

I see you are an expert, you win, yep you're right about everything. I just love my dogs and it's nothing romantic. You have your points in your argument, good points even. I hope ure not crossed with my passionate post about APBT's, I meant no disrespect to your professionalism. I also hope your dogs win in every competition and won't get too injured. Good luck with the cross breeding. I know you're not a bad guy, you may just want the best gene for your dogs. My dogs' are from a champion bloodline but I will not train them to fight though. Anyway have a nice day! Tata!

Rishi
Novice

Apr 16, 2005, 2:37 AM

Post #40 of 93 (2453 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chiayi,

Lovely dogs you have .. nice to know you .. Ya !

it is nice to see each others here,

I'm new to here would like others members can they send some of their dogs pictures to me.

Cool

tuckfook

Apr 16, 2005, 5:57 AM

Post #41 of 93 (2446 views)
Shortcut

hi,

Just to reiterate, I do not fight(train or allow) dogs but have seen dog fights. I do not like what I see but who am I to tell other owners what to do.

My fear after keeping several APBT is that they are very good at killing my neighbours' dogs. Sure they will stop when I yell but I'm not always there.

I've crossed them with boxers, bull terriers and Thai Ridgebacks for 3 generations and yet I produce hunting dogs that make my heart pound whenever they fight the wild boars. I have yet to produce a hunting dog from these that will not fight a wild boar. My next cross will hopefully be with the Beagle and then maybe I'll get a dog that will run the boars down, barking all the way without trying to fight with the wild boar. The latest batch do not fight amongst themselves or other dogs but they still think they can be a match to the wild boar.

Take care of your dogs. They can be great pets, just be on the lookout !

Tuckfook.

Chiayi
Novice

Apr 16, 2005, 7:33 AM

Post #42 of 93 (2441 views)
Shortcut

Well i guess there a mistake was made in thinking that ure a breeder that likes to put their dogs in fights. Crazy See when everyone calms down bout this whole issue, everything can be real pleasant Sly and yes everyone has their own opinion on the subject of apbt's fighting in pits. Anyway i am glad ure not one of those that put their dogs in pits to fight!

Hunting? You take them hunting? Where? You are very experienced in cross breeding huh, do u have like a kennel or something? Anyway hope u have a nice weekend with ur dogs! tata

Rishi
Novice

Apr 16, 2005, 7:58 AM

Post #43 of 93 (2438 views)
Shortcut

Hi tuck fook,

Nice to know u from the forum...

How many pit bulls do u keep now ?

From Rishi

tuckfook

Apr 17, 2005, 6:02 AM

Post #44 of 93 (2417 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I now have no pure bred APBT.

I started with 4 APBT which I crossed initially with Thai Ridgeback to have 8 which we used for hunting. Not very good results as they retained much of the fighting traits so were badly injured quite often by the boars.

At the same time I tried cross with Bull terrier and the offsprings were as fierce as the pure APBT.

Then I crossed with Boxers which produced again similarly agressive dogs. I then crossed the mix with Boxers again and that produced a more "cowardly" breed but then some were still quite agressive.

My plan is to use the current generation to cross with the Beagle. Am keeping 2 bitches for that purpose and all the rest are actively hunting. Will have to artificially inseminate because of the size difference between dog and bitch.

I'm not a breeder by profession but only out of interest in hunting, I'm trying to breed a dog good for our forests. In Australia, APBT crosses with similar dogs are quite suitable as they have open forests but they quite often provide a " suit of Armour" for their dogs.

All in, I guess we have had about 35 APBT crosses since I started 8 years ago. Thats a lot of dogs to feed. Most of our hunting dogs are just the common mongrel which eats far less but then they are not good at cornering a boar, they chase quite well though but give up when it gets hot !

There has never been any change in my stance with APBTs perhaps my english is not good enough, and others misunderstand me. In any case, I feel obliged to warn people of keeping APBT as I've seen mine destroy my neighbours' dogs, for which I paid dearly and feel very sorry for even now, after 8 years.

Tuckfook.

Rishi
Novice

Apr 18, 2005, 8:08 PM

Post #45 of 93 (2394 views)
Shortcut

Hi Tuck Fook,

Look like you are a hunting man...

I have seen a Australia web site, for hunting they used pitbull cross with other breeds.

I think that is what you are trying to do it..... Your goal is to produce a good hunting dogs.

From,

Rishi

tuckfook

Apr 18, 2005, 8:30 PM

Post #46 of 93 (2391 views)
Shortcut

A shortcut to my goal would be to have someone offer me a Beagle x APBT or Beagle x JRT ....Any offers ?

Tuckfook.

Rishi
Novice

Apr 18, 2005, 8:42 PM

Post #47 of 93 (2386 views)
Shortcut

Hi Tuck Fook

In future you are going to be a famous man for producing hunting dogs...

One side dogs are biting people lah.... so may be government be coming after the oweners.

many years ago dog bite people... no problem .... now seem to be in difficult situation.. fall down after a dog

chase still some may says the dog bite..... Now got to be more careful keeping dogs.

Tuck Fook... I assume your dogs only look for animals to hunt .. You do not have a problem... hahaha

ERN
K9 Maniac

Apr 20, 2005, 2:06 AM

Post #48 of 93 (2363 views)
Shortcut

Hi Tuck Fook

Just for my curiosity,

If I mix Male APBT with Female Boxer, how is the offspring looks like, male & female.

What if the otherway, Female APBT + Male Boxer?

t.q.

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

tuckfook

Apr 20, 2005, 6:22 AM

Post #49 of 93 (2356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ERN] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

All my dogs have been APBT and the bitches Boxers. The female APBT is sometimes too fierce for a boxer to handle !

It is very difficult to determine before hand what the results will be like as I've had mixed results. Most dominant will be the APBT colors and white patch on the chest. Large head is usual. The square snout is not always present in the cross and the Boxer's short and smallish snout is quite dominant.

Most annoying is the under shot jaw of the boxer ! This jaw structure is not good for a good hunting dog and it is a dominant feature. easily passed on from the boxer. This is such a dominant feature that even with 3rd. gen. crosses, both parents and grandparents without this under shot jaw, it sometimes appears again.

As the bodies of both are quite similar in many ways, you can expect the size and shape to be the same as the parents.

The legs and paws of the boxer is usually bigger and heavier than the APBT and I've had a few with this feature.

Temperament wise, the APBT characteristics are quite well maintained throughout, bearing in mind that the boxer has also similar traits.

Sorry I cannot be of much help, maybe next week I'll post pictures of my star dogs.

Tuckfook.

ERN
K9 Maniac

May 18, 2005, 12:53 AM

Post #50 of 93 (2190 views)
Shortcut

Hi Tuck Fook

based on the look, can you enlighten me on how to differentiate the following 3 breeds;

1. Staffordshire Bull Terrier

2. American Pit Bull

3. American Staffordshire Terrier

t.q.

Frown

View my photo album

last update, ZEUS & Shiki's 2nd off springs, 16/09/2008. Yes 9.16!

http://s56.photobucket.com/...%20Zeus%20N%20Shiki/

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/ERN2/Dogs

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my