Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
pls help..

kaiwai
New User

Apr 14, 2005, 6:31 PM

Post #1 of 5 (795 views)
Shortcut
pls help.. Can't Post

Hi to all members,i'm planning to have a dog but i'm not at home about 12 hours..which kind of dog i should find?actually i very like golden retriever,is it suitable for me?if i adopt a 6 mths dog,is there difficult to takecare and train it??

carynna
Novice

Apr 14, 2005, 8:03 PM

Post #2 of 5 (782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kaiwai] pls help.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think all dogs, regardless what breed they are from, requires time to be with their mama or papa... to build a strong bond.

I think you should really think abut the time matter, becos, it would be unwise to get one if you lack the time. Who is going to take care of it when u r away? And does the person patient enuf to handle an untrained pup?

By the way, welcome to the forum Smile

Amanda85
Doggyman

Apr 16, 2005, 8:42 PM

Post #3 of 5 (746 views)
Shortcut

a 6 months dog is still a pup and easy to train compare to those adults that need more effort and patient.

if u have your parents to help u to take care the dogs, it will be ok to hav one.

but then it will be unlikely that u can develop a strong bond with her.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Apr 19, 2005, 9:04 PM

Post #4 of 5 (720 views)
Shortcut

Carynna is rite. If u r not going 2 b home 12 hours in a day, den it’s better 2 defer ur decision 2 get a dog until u can commit a reasonable amount of time 4 d dog. GRs r people persons n will bcome depressed if deprived of human contact, n dis generally applies 2 all breeds as well.

D experts recommend dat a dog shldnt b left alone 4 more den 4 hours at a time. Max is 6-8 hrs 4 trained n reliable dogs.

Unless there is someone else at home 2 look after d dog…in which case it shld den bcome dat person’s decision on whether 2 get a dog or not.

Groovy (JRT), ‘If u r gonna get a dog, den b prepared 2 play!’Tongue

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

Sydney
Doggyman

Apr 23, 2005, 11:44 PM

Post #5 of 5 (687 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Well, if u want a small dog 2 take care of u can hav a toy breed dogSmile. If u want big dogs, u buy the GR.

well, it's quite easy 2 take of a care of a GR but trainning it is abit offf... Cs when ur dog is abit older it will remember little by little... Though u still can train itSmile

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my