Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license?

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 28, 2003, 5:35 PM

Post #1 of 23 (4235 views)
Shortcut
When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? Can't Post

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone of you know when to start letting the puppy wear the license? Any rules from MPPJ?

I didn't have a problem with my first dog and he only started wearing the license when he was about a year old.

But yesterday the MPPJ ppl made their rounds. I dunno what they were trying to check exactly but when they saw Sparkle they asked about his license. Luckily I was home early from work and I told them that he's still a baby and the license might be too big and heavy for him. The MPPJ guy just said this time he'll let me 'off' but the next time they come to check and if he still doesn't have a license they'll have to 'ambil tindakan'.

I also don't know what he meant by 'ambil tindakan'. Take Sparkle away? Issue me a compound?

By right it shouldn't be a problem if they don't check cause Sparkle stays indoors the whole day. But my mum said she read somewhere in the papers that some of these people actually shot a dog belonging to someone through the gate because the dog wasn't wearing a license! Wow..can they actually do that??! Mad

Advice, anyone?

wkser
ALPHA

Mar 28, 2003, 6:48 PM

Post #2 of 23 (4230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i live in PJ...i got nous license the very first day he come home....i only put on his dog tag /license when i bring him out....i renew it every year........WinkSmile

regards
kangser and nous

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Mar 29, 2003, 3:28 AM

Post #3 of 23 (4209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

Izzit really necessary to get a dog license with the local council or it's only for those folks at pj area? Will it be used to enter dogs to shows as well?

WHat is the purpose of the license?

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 29, 2003, 4:02 AM

Post #4 of 23 (4208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

from what i understand, they could take your puppy to the pound or slap you with a compound. But that's only what I heard. Not too sure myself.

I dun think it only applies to PJ areas. My cousin who keeps 4 dogs in Seremban has license for all of them too.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 29, 2003, 8:20 AM

Post #5 of 23 (4200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi...

I too was wondering abt this issue as I have yet to get a license for mocha coz someone told me once that I only need to get them a license when they are abt a year old. I guess we better get this verified before anything happens to our dog.

cheers,
minglmy

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Mar 29, 2003, 8:28 AM

Post #6 of 23 (4199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

One more question!
Do we get it from our local council or with DBKL???

I guess local council rite?What do i need to bring to register my dog?Mum said gotta bring photos and stuff.MKA CERT?i;m still waiting for it!

How much is the fee per year?

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 29, 2003, 1:30 PM

Post #7 of 23 (4196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamchooi] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

we get it from the local council. My mum went to get it from the MPPJ and only paid RM10 for it I think. Nope, no need to bring cert. And it says on the tag the year of the license, a license number and "lesen anjing MPPJ".

But what I'm not sure is at what age b4 I should let Sparkle wear the license. As it is, he's not even wearing his collar yet!! Unsure

Bubbles
Dog Kichi

Mar 30, 2003, 5:18 PM

Post #8 of 23 (4180 views)
Shortcut

Hi all,
For all those in KL, you can get the license in TTDI DBKL or there's an office near Sogo, I don't think u need wear the tag all the time, it's only for when the DBKL people come to check, then u just show them, it's a must to get a tag, but sometimes you can get away if your dog stays indoor. But it's better to play safe, it's only RM 10/yr.

ginl
ALPHA

Mar 30, 2003, 8:27 PM

Post #9 of 23 (4179 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Different councils hv different requirements when applying for dog licence....MPPJ is very easy to obtain one....you don't need to show any records...but other councils like MPSJ or DBKL, they're more strict....if i'm not mistaken you hv to show vaccination records and stuff like that....so it all depends on where you stay.

e34green
Novice

Mar 31, 2003, 12:05 AM

Post #10 of 23 (4172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

How about in JB? My Golden is almost 2 years old. no lisence. My Shi Zhu also about 1 year plus.
Where can u guys recommend a good online storage server so that I can display my avatar? Thank!!
Golden Retrievers are the BEST!!

carmine

Mar 31, 2003, 12:37 AM

Post #11 of 23 (4171 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

I went to MPSJ for Dog License last month. I need to show Snowy's vaccination records in order to get one. Its stated at the board somewhere over there that your dog must be at least 3 month old to have a license but that time Snowy was just 2 month old but they gave it to me anyway. It cost me RM15 but I have waited for more than 100 people before I get my turn to pay because the payment counter was so packed, but not all q-ing up for dog license. I think its nessasary to put on the dog license everytime you bring your dog out.

ginl
ALPHA

Mar 31, 2003, 5:41 AM

Post #12 of 23 (4163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [e34green] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

You need to check where your local council is situated and go there and apply the licence.....for avatar, you hv to send your dog's pic to the webmaster at bgkhoo@hiley.com and he'll help you upload it....pls state your username to him Smile

ginl
ALPHA

Mar 31, 2003, 5:47 AM

Post #13 of 23 (4162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmine] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah same with MPPJ...long queue even on weekdays...i agree, it's better if your dog puts on his license when you take him out or if he's an outdoor dog...it's good to not give them any reason to take our dogs away Wink

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 31, 2003, 5:52 PM

Post #14 of 23 (4149 views)
Shortcut

yup, agreed. I think better to have it on all the time if possible just in case the come in to the house to check like they did in my house! If they do take our dogs away, we can't really argue with them too Frown

But currently Sparkle is only 8 weeks old so I think the license is too big for him. anyway, will still get one for back up! RM10 is nothing compared to the trouble we need to go through if they do check again!

Funny leh...i don't remember my mum telling me that they looked at the vaccination records. She told me it was pretty easy. But I think this time better ask her to bring it along just in case they just recently changed the rules!

I asked my uncle from Seremban the other day and he said they only pay RM5 in seremban to MPS. Funny this isn't regulated.

Hey, did you guys know that residents in Shah Alam cannot own dogs? My colleague lives there and she said most of her friends refused to move to Shah Alam cause dogs are not allowed there! Is that true??

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 1, 2003, 3:15 AM

Post #15 of 23 (4137 views)
Shortcut

Yah terrace hse in Shah Alam no dogs allowed....semi-d i think they allow 1 dog....depends on how big your land area is....sad isn't it Frown

ccsy98
Dog Kichi

Apr 1, 2003, 5:45 AM

Post #16 of 23 (4134 views)
Shortcut

I went to renew my dog's license early this year. and the officer told me that they MIGHT stop using license starting from next year, and every dog has to be microchipped. That will make life easier coz you don't need to renew it every year.

hotcoklat
Novice

Apr 1, 2003, 7:27 AM

Post #17 of 23 (4127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ccsy98] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I went to renew my dog's license early this year. and the officer told me that they MIGHT stop using license starting from next year, and every dog has to be microchipped. That will make life easier coz you don't need to renew it every year.
actually for who was really want to renew dog liecence and lazy go to MPPJ or DBKL, Post Office also is your choice,coz their also service (Penjualan Lesen Anjing) too.

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 1, 2003, 5:36 PM

Post #18 of 23 (4118 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ALL] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wondering, do cats need license too? I don't think I've seen one!

lulugurl
ALPHA

Apr 3, 2003, 8:32 PM

Post #19 of 23 (4093 views)
Shortcut

Wat will happen to those dog that was born before march 2002 ? Those batch dont get microchips... I heard those ppl will just shot dogs without a license.Mad

ERmm..so far have not ever heard of a cat needing a licenseCrazy
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

May
Old Hand

Apr 3, 2003, 11:48 PM

Post #20 of 23 (4088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

There's no such thing as cat licence in Malaysia. That issue was brought up when DBKL wanna impose a hike in the dog licence fees. Kinda unfair, right? But there's nothing much we can do.

If your dog is born before March 2002, you can still send her for microchipping at the vet clinics. If not mistaken, the fees is RM50.00. Correct me if I'm wrong.

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 4, 2003, 12:07 AM

Post #21 of 23 (4085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] When do puppies need to start wearing their dog license? [In reply to] Can't Post

what happens when the dog is microchipped? Is it only for pedigrees?

May
Old Hand

Apr 4, 2003, 12:44 AM

Post #22 of 23 (4082 views)
Shortcut

Microchipping is not only limited to pedigrees. You can send your pet for microchipping eventhough it's not a pedigree. The main purpose of this procedures is to ensure a happy return of a lost pet and can be done at most veterinary clinics.

Please refer to this link for more information on microchipping and its procedures.
www.pubaa.com/info/microchip/microchip_1.htm

wkser
ALPHA

Apr 4, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #23 of 23 (4065 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i fully agreed what gina said......microchipis just for the identification for the dog onwer is not a license by the local goverment...even if your dog is microchip you still need to get a license from a local goverment.....if you stay in PJ plan to apply for dog license make sure you go early .......

regards
kangser and nous

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my