shih tzu puppy loss of appetite

sweetie
New User

Mar 26, 2003, 1:37 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1091 views)
Shortcut
shih tzu puppy loss of appetite Can't Post

BlushHi there

I found this site very interesting and the ppl are very friendly, I am from uk and I need some help. I recently bought a shih tzu puppy and she is bout 11-12 weeks now , she is eating great and in fact all gone in 1-2 minutes. I have justed started to feed her 2 times a day morning and dinner time. But in the last two days she seems to have lost her appetite, she is still playing lively and first I thought it was the mix I was giving her, the stuff you buy and put in their food to stop them eating their poo poo ( it does work cos it stinks!! ) but shes been on it for 2 weeks now there doesnt seem to be any problems. Waht could be wrong??

Please help!...many thanks...hope to be meeting new friends!!

bengyong
Novice

Mar 29, 2003, 7:45 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sweetie] shih tzu puppy loss of appetite [In reply to] Can't Post

Well,

since my reply is 5 days after your post, I hope you puppy problem is ok by now, or else, my advice is to bring it to the vet coz it might be sick. However, b4 bringing it to the vet, maybe you can check the dog yourself first.

A dog that is sick usually will be less active and the gum will be pale.

So, hope your puppy get to eat more soon.

regards

<<<<<< BENG YONG >>>>>>
Have you walked your dog today?

ally_py

Apr 4, 2003, 3:52 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1054 views)
Shortcut

hi, sweetie.

last time i pick my shih tzu to the vet, the doctor told me that do not feed the puppy twice a day. u must make it 4 or 5 times a day, coz their r still a baby. they eat less, but so many times. i think u won't give ur baby(human) drink his milk twice a day, rite? they r same like us. twice a day is heard from the pet shop one, is it? anyway, that's ur choice. whether u trust the pet shop or proffesional vet.Wink

timmy
Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2003, 5:56 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ally_py] shih tzu puppy loss of appetite [In reply to] Can't Post

mine is feeding 3 times a day- its sufficient- at first i wanna feed him twice but it is recomm that 3 time is just nice...

adamchooi
Canine Addict

Apr 7, 2003, 8:41 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1034 views)
Shortcut

Dear sweetie,

Try not to feed your dog with something that taste better than it's kibbles.My dog like fruits so much that he lost interest on the kibbles.But now i seldom feed cookie fruits and he will go for the kibbles when he's hungry.

Blog! www.adamchooi.com

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my