Groovy tricks

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

WendyS
Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2005, 1:52 AM

Post #51 of 67 (6934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] weaving trick [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been to JT once only...if I remember correctly, I saw at least 2 beautiful JRTs, I think they are together...not sure whether it was you....Wink I plan to go in Sept bcoz this Sat I can't make it, we have company dinner tomorrow, so will have fun until 1am Sly

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2005, 2:13 AM

Post #52 of 67 (6917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WendyS] weaving trick [In reply to] Can't Post

Yar there r normally 2 JRTs on d JT, different owners n beautiful is too kind a word if u r referring 2 our JRTs Tongue. Mayb can catch u in d Sept trek den. Wink

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 24, 2005, 11:15 PM

Post #53 of 67 (6899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] Groovy tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

groovemaster

hi i head that we can train our dog from eating poisoned food, is it true? do u know how to do that? thanks.

Regards,

Yang

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2005, 12:34 AM

Post #54 of 67 (6878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Groovy tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy Only know bout play n training 4 tricks…scenting n food discrimination isnt quite up my alley. But wld b interesting 2 find out.

Mayb d police K9 unit dogs wld know better. Think u can train dogs not 2 take food from strangers n not 2 consume food from d floor. Dey mayb able 2 sniff out certain poisonous substances, but 2 train dem not 2 consume poison in general will b 2 difficult as there r a lot of harmful substances out there. Tongue

Entwash
Novice

Sep 2, 2005, 11:24 AM

Post #55 of 67 (6849 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Think u can train dogs not 2 take food from strangers n not 2 consume food from d floor. Dey mayb able 2 sniff out certain poisonous substances, but 2 train dem not 2 consume poison in general will b 2 difficult as there r a lot of harmful substances out there. Tongue

Hehe Eevee doesn't take anything from Un-ID "things" (including humans, floors.. etc) But that doesn't mean she's so darn well trained. It's a direct result from her distrust for Un-ID "things" haha. Honestly, she wouldn't even take her fav chicken-coated with choc treat from the vet that she has been seeing for a year now. And the vet is the only "outside" person Eevee interact with every fortnight for the last 12 months.

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2005, 11:22 PM

Post #56 of 67 (6835 views)
Shortcut

Real wan....the 2 JRTs look so nice...I went to JT last Saturday, but didn't see you...actually many didn't go, is it bcoz no announcement in the event calendar? Only 3 families were there, including me, my husband & Daisy.....Crazy

I didn't bring Sweet Pea bcoz she had diarrhea that morning, I think she must have eaten something dirty when I brought her to the park on Friday....luckily she was ok later on Saturday itself, otherwise I will be so worried....Last Friday was the 1st time that I bring Sweet Pea for walk and to the park, but she got tired after walking 2/3 blocks away, it was funny that she knows how to beg when she wants me to carry her, I think she is not ready for JT yet....Tongue

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 7, 2005, 8:16 PM

Post #57 of 67 (6826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Entwash] Groovy tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

Great stuff, mayb d police K9 unit can get some tips from u den…

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 7, 2005, 8:18 PM

Post #58 of 67 (6824 views)
Shortcut

Tongue Yarlah, havent been 4 JT in d past few weeks. Bit lazy n been busy with agility training on other doggie events. I think d rest of d JT gang r preoccupied with organizing d RDO day dis Sun n A Farmosa outing in Oct. We’ll be going 4 d RDO n mayb can catch u guys den.

How r ur tricks coming along? Taking part in d Best Trick comp dis Sun? Wink

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2005, 5:05 PM

Post #59 of 67 (6808 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I have guessed it already Wink....other doggie events, are they many doggie events coming along? are u one of the organising committee or u involved in the agility demo or something?

We? take part in the tricks comp? of course NO lah...haha....can't show-off in front of experts like you & Groovy Blush I hope to go to RDO & would like to join the fast eating duo & fastest recall contest if I can Laugh Sweet Pea eats very fast and she can even finish Daisy's portion (one whole bowl), I think she got the potential to win, but I can't eat so fast & so much Unsure, I wonder what will they give for human to eat???? Do you know what is fastest recall, is it they place the doggies far away from owner and whoever doggie reaches the owner first will be the winner? If it's like that, I think Sweet Pea has the potential to win also, she always come to me fast when I call her even with other distractions coz I brought her to the park before and there were many children & got doggies there....these all I think only lah Blush, so far I haven't been to this type of dog events, I don't know whether I'm brave enough to join coz many ppl are there....Unsure

Well, in terms of obedient, Sweet Pea is quite trained already, I mean she knows the basic like drop an object, fetch, stay, settle etc...but in terms of tricks not much yet bcoz I was busy watching the korean drama now on TV Tongue You know, Sweet Pea is very food oriented, I've tried weaving between my legs and also the cones, she can do it because she will follow the treats closely & don't mind If I make her do again & again. But I doubt she knows what to do without the treats as guidance Crazy Anyway I will keep practising with her, I'm sure she will understand it later. Smile

She is quite good in jumping also, she will run very fast & jump straight onto the sofa, our sofa is almost double her height and recently she figured out to go up the sofa this way Tongue I also have children tunnel for her to run through it, so can really have fun if I spend time with her...only thing is when she plays too excitedly, she will want to nip/bite...Yesterday she got hold of my son's pyjama pants when they were chasing each other and she torn it, haha....I hope her teething is over, but the fact is I have to wait for another 2/3 months Frown

I hope to see you & Groovy on RDO day, but I'm not sure yet....see ya....Have a nice day!

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2005, 12:52 AM

Post #60 of 67 (6794 views)
Shortcut

Doggie events…there’s d RDO dis Sun, A Farmosa weekend, Mines Pet Fair, Ikano Treasure Hunt all in Oct. Not in any organizing comm., only doing some agility demo here n there.

Fastest eating duo, normally d dogs will get biscuits n sausages, owners will get a whole packet of M&Ms…sumtimes a freezing icecream.Crazy Fastest recall, as u’ve mentioned d fastest dog 2 run in2 owner’s arms over 15-20 metres distance ie. just like a sprint. But Sweet Pea must run real fast coz she’ll b up against all sizes n manner of dogs. If u r going, shld enter some events just 4 fun n d experience. Can also try d longest stay.

4 d leg weave, ven she’s comfortable with d weaving motion, can try n gradually phase out ur hand movement 2 just holding ur hand (with treat) in front of ur stomach. Eventually u mayb able 2 just keep d treat in ur pocket. U’ll still need d treat every now n den 2 keep her motivated.

Good 2 hear dat u’ve introduced some basic agility play as well, will put her in good stead if u decide 2 take up d sport in d future. Also helps 2 build her confidence n assurance levels. Yah pups do tend 2 nip ven excited or tempted with treats, dun let her overdo d nipping part…best 2 control it now.

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2005, 11:51 PM

Post #61 of 67 (6779 views)
Shortcut

Haha...Looks like you guys are really into promoting this sport, got agility demo even in pet fair & treasure hunt??

Wow, freezing ice-cream? Ppl with sensitive teeth cannot tahan lah...Hmmm...have to compete with all types of dogs in Fastest Recall, why they don't group by size? Anyway, can join for fun lah...Longest stay cannot lah, she still can't stay for too long yet, nanti I malu lah....Do you know the record for longest stay? so that I can work towards that....Tongue

About the nipping, don't worry, I won't spoil her coz I can't stand it. If bone or toy not working,I will scold her loud loud, if she persists, I will beat her or I will put her back to the playpen as punishment. Some ppl enjoy the nipping but not me....Wink

(This post was edited by WendyS on Sep 10, 2005, 12:08 AM)

WendyS
Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2005, 11:51 PM

Post #62 of 67 (6779 views)
Shortcut

(This post was edited by WendyS on Sep 10, 2005, 12:03 AM)

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2005, 1:26 AM

Post #63 of 67 (6768 views)
Shortcut

Wink No lah, these r just doggie events u can take part in if interested, not necessarily with any demo involved.

Record 4 longest stay…hmm hv seen dis Black Lab who just lies there 4 ages unperturbed by people or surroundings n perhaps may hv just dozed off during d competition itself, so u can figure out just how long!?? Shocked Think at d minimum, 10 -15 minutes.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 11, 2008, 5:51 PM

Post #64 of 67 (6086 views)
Shortcut

hi groovemaster ,

My Sabrina already 2 years old+ edi n only know how to do sit,down,fetch,shake hand, n kiss kissBlush onli..........wat should i doPirate

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Apr 13, 2008, 2:02 AM

Post #65 of 67 (6012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Groovy tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

actually when she knows those tricks i guess it is ok already...haha...perhaps i can't think of anything else...and i only know how to train them those few things...u can train her how to do a 'roll'...but i had always hoped that they understand 'play dead'...hahaha

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Apr 15, 2008, 6:26 PM

Post #66 of 67 (5920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrislimyy] Groovy tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

try to train her roll be4 but she roll becoz she wan to eat the treats.....without treats,she dunno how to do anythingPiratePirate

chrislimyy
K9 Kaki

Apr 17, 2008, 8:09 PM

Post #67 of 67 (5806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Groovy tricks [In reply to] Can't Post

haha...give her more time with that...she will follow your instructions once she matures...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my