My Boxer's first checkup and puppy yeast infection

johnaricka
Novice

Mar 23, 2003, 11:05 PM

Post #1 of 1 (987 views)
Shortcut
My Boxer's first checkup and puppy yeast infection Can't Post

Hi Everyone!
Emma, my ten week old boxer pup had her first vet visit to get her second set of shots today. She weighs 13 lbs 2oz. I find it so funny to say her weight. I havent made statements like that since my son was born (6 years ago). When we brought Emma home she weighed 7 lbs 6oz. The vet was very impressed with her looks and her disposition. (Thank you Emma for not being witchy!)
The only thing she noticed was that she has a yeast infection. She said that they are common in puppies although I have never heard of it. Have any of you? The vet didnt want to prescribe anything since she isnt rubbing her bottom all over the carpet. She said that the infection usually clears up on its own. This is a strange question but do any of you know of home remedies? Would yogurt help her in the way that it helps us women?
My hubby also asked about giving her cook unseasoned meat from our meals. He wants to be able to put some meat in her bowl. We feed her when we eat so that she doesnt beg (that is our hope). He stuck some pot roast (less than a teaspoon) a couple of nights ago. I scolded him. The vet said it was ok as long as it is unseasoned and not fatty. He added some chicken tonight and she wasnt interested but she loved the pot roast. Do any of you add table food to your animals food dish? The vet also said to give unsalted saltine crackers, sliced apple, carrots, etc for snacks in lui of dog biscuits. I was shocked.
Let me know what you think of all this. I could use some feedback. Thanks!
Aricka

(This post was edited by johnaricka on Mar 23, 2003, 11:07 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my