First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

psychobeng
New User

Mar 9, 2002, 2:08 PM

Post #1 of 27 (76007 views)
Shortcut
Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US Can't Post

Hi

I'm currently studying in the United States and have 2 JRT. Wondering how I can bring them back to M'sia when I graduate? (All the necessary procedures and etc)

Thank you in advance...

Kal

Derrickok
Novice

Mar 9, 2002, 2:37 PM

Post #2 of 27 (75985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [psychobeng] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

welcome to Puppycom. forum.
To bring your 2 Jack Russells back to Malaysia when you have completed your studies in the States is the least of problem.
But you need approximately 3 to 4 weeks for preparation on documentations both from the States and Malaysia despite the fact that to-day's communications technology via fax/e-mail.
Are you prepared to provide me with your personal particulars, when the time comes? because I certainly cannot apply an import permit on your behalf with just 'PSYCHOBENG'
Anyway, as far as you are concerned, you problem is solved, as I shall be telling you more on this.
Please on your next log-in visit the Members' Introduction section and give us a brief introduction on yourself
ThankQ.

jason
Enthusiast

Mar 9, 2002, 7:05 PM

Post #3 of 27 (75977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Uncle Derrick,

Perhaps you could help the forum members to know better on the dog transferring matters (country to country) by posting some standard procedures, especially for Malaysia? Thank you very much.

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

llamasonic
Novice

Mar 13, 2002, 3:43 AM

Post #4 of 27 (75960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [psychobeng] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kal, I have recently arrived in Malaysia and am bringing my dog back from Southern California this month. I have had to find out all I can about this in a short while and still looking for a few last minute answers.. but here is what I have found out so far. The dog must be at least 4 months old. Your dog will have 7 days quarantine at KLIA, they charge 6RM per day and a 25RM inspection fee (paid 2 times) and a 2RM form fee. You will have to supply the dogs food.

You will need to get an Animal Import Permit -valid for 30 days from the time you get it. There is a 5RM charge for this and you will need to show a recent vaccination record showing the dogs age and shots it has had- a faxed copy (or scanned in my case) will do. You will need the orginal copy of the import permit and the vaccination report when you arrive with your dog in Malaysia along with a health certificate from state certified vet that shows your dog is in good health.

Get the import permit by calling 03-254-0077 or 03-252-1877. Here is another number for the import permit office, 03-8787-2379. 2 days before you arrive fax a copy of the latest vaccination and the import permit to this number 03-8787-2378 also let them know your flight number and time of arrival.

I have had quotes from people in Malaysia up to 5000 RM to do this for me.. but no one wants to tell me how to do it for myself- I wonder why ?.

I have a friend who's knows of someone that was charged 9000 RM to bring in a dog from Canada ! What a scam !

You can get more information from going to http://www.jphpk.gov.my/...ish/kurantin%20.html
You will need to download and print out the health certificate for your state if your vet does not have it. I am bringing my dog from California so I got mine here: http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/...al%20certificate.pdf

Your airlines will have it's own requirements so check with them. I decided on Japan Airlines since they allow small dogs in the cabin. I hope this helps and I also hope that people will add to this discussion and provide information. I am still trying to find out if I need an export permit coming from the states. I should know this shortly. Great to find dog lovers in Malaysia ! Nice site and good job.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Mar 13, 2002, 3:58 AM

Post #5 of 27 (75958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [llamasonic] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi llamasonic,

Welcome to the forum. Information provided by you is definitely very helpful to others.

Cheers and welcome back to Malaysia Smile

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

jason
Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2002, 6:23 AM

Post #6 of 27 (75941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [llamasonic] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello and thanks llamasonic!
Such a complete guide to the forum members.
Happy posting in future and welcome to join our family!!!Wink

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

psychobeng
New User

Mar 16, 2002, 8:53 PM

Post #7 of 27 (75921 views)
Shortcut

Thanks a bunch
It really help....a lot

Are you still in US or back in M'sia?
I'm still a little confuse about some of the process
For instance...
If my dog is too big to be in the cabin,
where would they store the dog?
And would the procedure and quarantine time the same as your small dog?
How many dog allowed per passenger?

Is your dog okay on the flight?
Could you keep us posted on your situation?

Thanks
Kal

llamasonic
Novice

Mar 18, 2002, 6:39 PM

Post #8 of 27 (75904 views)
Shortcut

You are welcome for the info. I am in KL now and will be leaving for LA on Monday & returning on April 6th with my dog, a 4 month old Lhasa Apso. My mother recently bred her dogs and I was offered pick of the litter. I am sure It would have been be much easier to get a dog here but to my knowledge there are no lhasa breeders in M'asia - or at least none that I have found. I went to the pet show at the PWTC yesterday and did not see any lhasa apsos :(

Here is another link for the DVS in Malaysia. They have the forms here for import and some more current info on importing your pet. agrolink.moa.my/jph/dvs/import/pet-imp/index.html
According to the MIPE website dogs coming in for show purposes can get a quarantine waiver. Anyone have more info on this ?

(This post was edited by llamasonic on Mar 18, 2002, 6:43 PM)

llamasonic
Novice

Apr 14, 2002, 6:34 AM

Post #9 of 27 (75875 views)
Shortcut

My dog is sitting happily next to me as I write this back in KL. Our journey started at LAX, it turns out I had to pay an extra 120 US to Japan Air. My flight to KL transferred in Narita, Japan so I had to pay that twice = 240 USD for extra baggage charge.

Kona, my Lhasa Apso (4 month old pup) deserves a gold medal for being so good on the plane ! He never even made a peep. I conditioned him a few days before we left by putting some toys/treats in his carrier and leaving the door open for him to come and go while in California. I think this helped him adjust to having to spend time in there. Make sure not to force a dog into a carrier or have them associate it with punishment if you are planning to attempt such a long flight with them !

On the way to Narita I had Kona in his carrier under the seat in front of me. His carrier needed to be under 45 linear inches for JAL to allow him on the flight. You will have to call them a few times ahead of your flight to remind them you are bringing a dog to get an OK,, again check with your airlines to find out how they do it. Kona stayed overnight in the JAL cargo area. They were able to come up with a large container for him at no cost. I supplied his food, they charged around 5 USD to walk him in the morn before my flight left for the second leg of the journey to KL. I got him around 8AM and walked him around the airport until noon :) We have seen the whole airport.

On the way to KL I was able to get a seat with an empty seat next to me. After they served the in flight meal I took Kona out of his carrier and placed him on the seat next to me under a blanket. He stayed there for the next 7 hours without a fuss. I gave him no food, only water and limited his water to a few sips at a time to avoid accidents.

I called ahead to DVS Malaysia quarantine at KLIA and let them know I was coming in 2 days ahead of my arrival along with a fax to let them know my flight #, a copy of his health cert and latest vaccination were included as well.

Dr Sockalingam, director of KLIA quarantine, met me at my baggage carousel where we went to fill out some forms. I had to pay double the 24 RM inspection fee because it was Sat.. public holiday. Everyday is a holiday in Malaysia it seems :p I went out to the curb with Dr Sockalingam (after being waved past customs :) nice because I had a case of wine in my bag !)

I said my goodbyes to Kona, promised him I would call everyday and check up on him. I went to check on him after 2 days in quarantine. He was sad, a little messy. I asked if he was getting out and getting any excercise. I brought a friend with me that spoke Malay. He could not communicate with the attendant and said that the guy did not make any sense even speaking in Malay. I spent about 15 minutes with Kona then said goodbye. I called back later that day and asked them to have someone who spoke either English or Malay in charge of the dog in case something happened I wanted to be able to communicate with them. The next day I called and spoke to the person handling the dog, nice guy. He let me know that they were getting him out for excercise, I asked enough questions to drive them crazy. I suggest you do the same, this way they will know that the dog is special and someone cares deeply for it. Your dog will end up getting better care if you call everyday and ask questions like "did he eat", "is he going to the bathroom", "is his stool ok" "is he getting excercise" ???

This worked for me, they got so fed up they let me take my dog home 1 day early :) Now he is back home, getting adjusted to his new space and meeting new people. We just got back from Pasam Malam, he liked it :p

Andrew

Apr 15, 2002, 3:41 AM

Post #10 of 27 (75864 views)
Shortcut

They allow dogs on board together with passenger?

I'm wondering does every flight company allow this. This is because i will be travelling to Ireland probably by June. My cousin is asking me to send his puppy shih tzu over before I depart from KL.

If they allow me to bring dog along in the plane, I prefer this than sending the puppy by his own.

Andrew Wong
Miniature Pinscher, Born 22.12.2000

psychobeng
New User

Apr 30, 2002, 10:07 AM

Post #11 of 27 (75849 views)
Shortcut

For more information about bringing animal into Malaysia, check out this site. Also, you can contact any officer in charge, according to the state, on this page.

http://agrolink.moa.my/jph/

les
K9 Maniac

Jun 21, 2002, 2:32 AM

Post #12 of 27 (75806 views)
Shortcut

oh really? Thats great!

*~Sunny Macho, My lil puggy~*
Laugh -Born 15th March, 2002-
Laugh

Copied this frm ahming, touch huh?
"Please don't cry in front of my grave,

I don't mind if you keep a new dog.

I won't angry if you give my toys to others dog,

I will be happy if other dogs can enjoy your love as me."

uma98
Novice

Jun 24, 2002, 6:29 AM

Post #13 of 27 (75790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [les] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

oh really? Thats great!
Is there any procedures in bringing dogs from Penang to Sarawak?

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2002, 5:24 AM

Post #14 of 27 (75769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [uma98] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Uma,

Have you visit our Member's Introduction Section? That's is the section you should go first... Over there you can read about the standard way to introduce yourself.... I'm sure after introduction, a lot of members will love to help you. Wink

Well, it's not we cannot read your user profile... it's just a proper way to start a friendly relationship. Smile

Eve

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 25, 2002, 6:19 AM

Post #15 of 27 (75766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evehock] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Bravo BTC
I am the Consultant and I think you should carry the title Watchdog!
You want it or not? I think I could make it happen

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2002, 6:30 AM

Post #16 of 27 (75763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW wow wow wooooo.......

I love to be the watchdog.... but..... I'm still puppy with loud voice lar....

I might sleep on my job too.... It's risky to hire me....Unsure Do you dare to try me?Blush

Eve

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 25, 2002, 6:43 AM

Post #17 of 27 (75760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [evehock] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Puppy will grow up and if you sleep on your job no food for one week.
I have to discuss this with our webmaster and will revert back to you. Meanwhile be alert.

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2002, 6:52 AM

Post #18 of 27 (75759 views)
Shortcut

Yes, SIR! Smile

Eve

ginl
ALPHA

Jun 25, 2002, 9:45 PM

Post #19 of 27 (75748 views)
Shortcut

Woohoo an official watchdog! I'm sure the GSD will do a great job watching over this territory Cool

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2002, 5:33 AM

Post #20 of 27 (75740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Woof,

I will do my best... but if I make mistake, please correct me and I will belanja you "Kolo Mee".... Hehehe...Wink

Eve

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 26, 2002, 5:43 AM

Post #21 of 27 (75738 views)
Shortcut

Meow,
She won't know what is kolo mee, her favourite is kalli mee.

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2002, 6:54 AM

Post #22 of 27 (75737 views)
Shortcut

Ayo Uncle,

Never try,never know lar.... One day, I'm going to Poslaju and post the Kolo Mee to you all.... then you will know what you have miss in your life... LOLLaugh

Eve

Derrickok
Novice

Jun 26, 2002, 4:41 PM

Post #23 of 27 (75733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [uma98] Help!! Bringing my dog back to M'sia from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Not on your Nelly. Dogs in the cabin in MAS flights?
However, I have sent dogs to East Malaysia with the owners. What they do is to travel with the puppies on the same flight as personal belongings and the puppies are loaded in the baggage compartment. This is as best as MAS could do for you.
However, when the time comes, I'll give you the procedure.
As far as taking your dog to East Malaysia, you cannot escape the one month quarantine in Sabah and six months quarantine in Sarawak.
When the penisular was hit by this Nipah, few years back, East Malaysia imposed a total ban on LIVE STOCK movements. Live stock covers every catogary of animals. Later the ruling was relaxed, but to date I have not checked with any further updates.
Sabah allowed dogs to go into the state, but the exporter has to provide blood tests conducted by the Government Vet Dept to show that the dog is Nipah free. Only then the Vet; Dept in Sabah will issue you with an import permit.
As of January 2002, Sarawak has not lifted the ban on imported animals from West Malaysia. Two years down the road or another 12 months, I wouldn't know what could happen.
There is of course a loop hole, but you will have to check. e-mail me private at derricko and you will know.

evehock
Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2002, 6:32 AM

Post #24 of 27 (75721 views)
Shortcut

Unsure Ooo.. Uncle, How come you never tell me about the loop hole? Mmmm.... Frown I don't care ... I want to know too! Please c.c. the email to me too...Angelic...ya?

BTW, Uncle, I will check tomorrow whether the ban have lifted or not?

Eve

lovemybibi
Novice

Mar 24, 2004, 8:36 AM

Post #25 of 27 (73484 views)
Shortcut

I'm aslo thinking to bring back my Yorkie to M'sia from US in August '04...
Wink

"He's your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" ~unknown~

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my