KUTU! Pls HELP....

cyw
Novice

Mar 21, 2003, 4:43 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1830 views)
Shortcut
KUTU! Pls HELP.... Can't Post

Hi everyoneSly,

My dog(a chow chow) has kutu on him Frown....what do u think the best problem to get rid of those kutu?

I'm now giving him to eat garlic...read from a book that garlic can prevent kutu...is that true?

But my friend read from the mag Pets World saying that we should not feed dogs with garlic.....is that true too?

Pls hlp me to solve this problem........

Anyway....i've apply frontline once on my dog....it's about 2 months ago......Should i apply it again as i have a bottle of fronline at home.....

Proud owner of a chow chow and bullmastiff Cool

^CYTRQ^
Novice

Mar 21, 2003, 8:43 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyw] KUTU! Pls HELP.... [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there,

"kutus" are a common problem in dogs living in warm and moist climates. there are a variety of ways to treat you dog for these parasites. but first of all, when you say KUTU, do you mean ticks or fleas or both? if they are fleas please be sure not to let the dog into your house. fleas can cause massive infestations in your home and can transmit diseases to you and your family if bitten. and fleas are very difficult to get rid of completely if they are multiplying in your home. ticks are not so bad. they're really gross, but they rarely bite humans.

how to get rid of them, you ask?

i use Frontline Spot on Dog.(not the spray type). i havent had fleas or ticks on my dogs ever since i started using it. but you have to remember to re-apply it every 1-2 months for prolonged protection. i know it can be really expensive, but it works.

another way is to go to the vet and they will have an injection which attacks the parasites through the blood of the dog. since ticks and fleas feed on your dog's blood, the injection poisons them but not your dog. you will probably have to used the frontline spray as well in conjunction with this treatment to kill off any ticks/fleas that havent bitten your dog yet.

i've found tickcide shampoos to be quite useless and more potent medicated shampoos can be hazardous to your dog or yourself. so i stay away from those.

flea collars are usefull as well, but can be toxic if your dog licks it.

as with garlic, there is apparently no evidence that suggests that garlic will help eliminate ticks or fleas. they might be a healthy supplement, but its not an effective parasite control method.

well, i hope all this helps. this, of course, is from my own personal experience and from veterinary advice. so don't quote me on anything.

good luck with your nasty KUTU's. Cool

ashley
ALPHA

Mar 21, 2003, 7:16 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1816 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cyw,
U may check this forum cos last time we also have been discuss this topic also... may be u can get more infor..Hope this will help u faster kill all these
" Geram Kutu" Mad
Garlic can prevent flea just don't give ur dog eat too much!!

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=6663;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

wkser
ALPHA

Mar 21, 2003, 11:46 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1806 views)
Shortcut

hi,

you can try to bath your dog with medicated shampoo for dog(tick free) and then use front line.......hopefully it will help

regards
kangser and nous

cyw
Novice

Mar 22, 2003, 2:12 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1796 views)
Shortcut
Re: KUTU! Pls HELP.... [In reply to] Can't Post

hey,

thx guys, it's nice to have your opinions. anyway i think the kutu is ticks.

they kinda very big and have many legs and it's red in colour. so i guess it is ticks isn't it?

cos fleas are barely visible for our eyes right?...so i think it is ticks cos mine is clearly visible and very big.....

they kinda look like the icon i use on my post...u know the green little tick icon...Wink

anyway gtg now....thx alot bye....

proud owner of a chow chow and bullmastiff

jay_owl

Mar 22, 2003, 6:29 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1794 views)
Shortcut

there was once my dogs had ticks n fleas after i brought them out jalan jalan at a padang. i use frontine too. bath them, apply on the half dry coat, once a week for a month, then later once a month for prevention (continue this prevention for 2mths). Besides, i oso buy the less xpensive one - bactidol, diluted in water n spray at the walls n the places they lepak, sleep.... to prevent n kill the KUTUs tht escape n survive at these places.

cheers

j Smile wong

cyw
Novice

Mar 23, 2003, 5:37 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1787 views)
Shortcut
Re: KUTU! Pls HELP.... [In reply to] Can't Post

thx =)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my