Silver Labs

elvinj
Novice

Mar 8, 2005, 6:58 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1388 views)
Shortcut
Silver Labs Can't Post

SmileHi guys,

I came across this issue. SILVER LABS. I have never seen one in Malaysia (Please post if you have seen, bred, selling one). I am interested in getting other views especially in Malaysia. Are they MKA certified? Are they considered purebred?

Check out the website http://www.silverlabs.com. The dogs are so so so beautiful. Its kinda closer look of a Weimaraner but the body is no mistake. Its a lab.

So opinion everyone??

Thanks a bunch!

.Lab
Enthusiast

Mar 17, 2005, 6:56 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elvinj] Silver Labs [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to get your hopes down. Its actually a mix. That site could be a hoax. Mix between Weimaraner and a Lab. If they are really grey in colour, then the AKC considers them a 'different shade of chocolate'. SO there is no Silver Lab, Golden Lab or anything. Golden Lab is either a 'yellow' Lab or a Golden Retriever.

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bailey

Mar 18, 2005, 2:02 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Silver Labs [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't Golden Lab a cross between Golden Retriever and a Labrador? Check this out

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/goldenlabrador.htm

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 18, 2005, 4:52 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] Silver Labs [In reply to] Can't Post

golden labradors are a mix of goldens and labs and are not recognised by regular kennel associations like AKC. so they are still considered as a mix.

guide dogs are often goldens and labs cross as it was said that such combination results with really good working dogs.

.Lab
Enthusiast

Mar 18, 2005, 5:48 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Silver Labs [In reply to] Can't Post

I dunno. The site I went to said it was either a mix, a Golden Retriever, or a yellow Lab. I've seen this super fuzzy Lab before. I suspect it's a mix but the owner said it was a pure. Heavy body, long coat like.

.Lab Frown Frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hazel = A Terror in Disguise!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

cvlew
Novice

May 27, 2005, 4:22 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [.Lab] Silver Labs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,
No matter what the owner said, a silver "labs" is never be a standard colour (yellow, brown and black). As the owner to show the proof of certificate from the kennel for the parents of the puppies.

Sydney
Doggyman

May 29, 2005, 4:58 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elvinj] Silver Labs [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry. I have to agree with Lab. She's sort of right u know. it looks like a mix breed. And labradors only come in black, brown, and light brown not silver. The weimaraner is silver. So it could've been a mix breedSmile

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my