American Pit Bull Terrier

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

PlaTo
Novice

Nov 24, 2004, 8:35 PM

Post #1 of 93 (7633 views)
Shortcut
American Pit Bull Terrier Can't Post

hi ppl...i'm lookin' foward to buy two american pit bull terriers.i found few breeders but all crossed wif other breeds.if anybody here know any breeder wif pure pit bull tell me know.plz...

nairud
K9 Maniac

Nov 26, 2004, 1:27 AM

Post #2 of 93 (7609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PlaTo] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

don't think they allow us to import coz malaysia has ban all imports on Am Pit Bull Terrier.

Even if there are breeders in malaysia, i think it's hard to find them also

Join the JRT(Lil' Terrorist) Zone

Click me to join Piper in DogSter

Sorely missed, Grizzley and Whitey the Terrier

tuckfook

Nov 27, 2004, 6:46 AM

Post #3 of 93 (7587 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nairud] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Though Malaysia says they have banned the import of Amercan Pitt Bulls, who is to know ? The Vet dept. knows next to nothing on these dogs, Customs knows nothing and there is nothing a few Rm cannot solve ! Many have arrived on our shores and have been bred successfully.

There are dogs fights with Pittbulls almost every weekend in major towns around Malaysia. Dogs come from all over and bets run into tens of thousands.

Wherever you are if you bother to look for them, you'll find a breeder of Pittbulls.

A true Pittbull lover is unlikely to visit Puppy.com.my .....it's just a different type of love for dogs !

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 28, 2004, 12:15 PM

Post #4 of 93 (7574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tuckfook] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

"A true Pittbull lover is unlikely to visit Puppy.com.my .....it's just a different type of love for dogs "

don't be so sure Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Nov 28, 2004, 12:38 PM)

tuckfook

Nov 29, 2004, 6:40 AM

Post #5 of 93 (7559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha.....LOL

Love the dog or the dog's capabilities or the dog fights.

Having seen several dogfights, it is the total opposite to the love for dogs.

Pitbulls are bred to fight, their natural instinct is to kill the other dog, so to stop the pitbull from fighting is to deprive it from it's natural love...........would that be loving the pitbull ?

Would that be real or a dream

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 29, 2004, 10:49 AM

Post #6 of 93 (7552 views)
Shortcut

lol...all Tongue

well,personally I am not in2 pit fighting,though I do understand the type of love u r describing as I am in2 working dogs,I think it's very very very very important for a dog to be able to do what it was bred for and what it loves,in this case,dog fighting.

Then again..there is the whole issue of "killing another dog" ...neither anti nor pro it..

P.S. person(s) that i'm referring to isn't me..
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

PlaTo
Novice

Dec 1, 2004, 8:19 PM

Post #7 of 93 (7456 views)
Shortcut

mmm.....i've found a breeder in jb....i think i'ma go for it...buy da puppies...thanks fo' respondin to my quez....pz.SlySly

donloo
Novice

Dec 11, 2004, 12:44 AM

Post #8 of 93 (7375 views)
Shortcut

hi plaTo...can you let me know the breeder which from jb..becoz i also want to buy bull terrier,can you let me know how to get this breeder contact number.pls sms me thur my h/p..please help..012-7523812...thks a lot

In Reply To
hello...im luckyhusky

ilovenba
Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2004, 5:56 PM

Post #9 of 93 (7308 views)
Shortcut

i know a breeder in ipoh. if u are interested, i'll try to find the contact for u

nothing is imposible, it just looked that way.

PlaTo
Novice

Dec 16, 2004, 7:53 PM

Post #10 of 93 (7302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ilovenba] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

mmm...intrestin'...is it pure pit bull or crossed wif other breeds?..cuz one of my friends also intrested in gettin a pit bull. i mind as well get another one. pass me his contact no. if u will.thanks.pzWink

ilovenba
Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2004, 9:12 PM

Post #11 of 93 (7297 views)
Shortcut

unforturnately i lost his contact oledi. he has a pure breed pitbull. go to this web and drop him a mail. he'll contact u. his name is calvin tan.

http://www.adpost.com/my/pets/559/

nothing is imposible, it just looked that way.

babegal
Novice

Dec 17, 2004, 6:59 AM

Post #12 of 93 (7285 views)
Shortcut

do u still need the contact no??? where do u live??? if u wan i try to find for u...

PlaTo
Novice

Dec 17, 2004, 6:34 PM

Post #13 of 93 (7276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babegal] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

yes of course...i'll be better if i just ring up da guy...u know.thanks man..Smile

babegal
Novice

Dec 18, 2004, 4:17 AM

Post #14 of 93 (7256 views)
Shortcut

try this....012-3999933 Tan...

dunno still got or not...

Kevin Chuan
ALPHA

Dec 23, 2004, 8:56 PM

Post #15 of 93 (7215 views)
Shortcut

Hi... APBT and AST are almost the same... different is... APBT are breed for dog fighting and AST (American Staffordshire Terrier) are breed for showline.

Currently I'm having a female AST and I will be getting another male on next year January. Interested in know more on this breed can drop me a mail or call - (Kevin) jayjcsk@

Edmund Lee
Novice

Jan 2, 2005, 3:58 AM

Post #16 of 93 (7159 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kevin Chuan] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

hi... i got a news for who are looking for american pit bull terrier. you can log-on to www.adpost.com under malaysia classified pets FOR SALE / ADOPTION: American Pitbull puppy. for any information about this dog.

Chiayi
Novice

Jan 13, 2005, 10:18 PM

Post #17 of 93 (7095 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Pit bulls are great dogs, a true dog lover will understand how special this breed is. If you want a pure breed, I do know one dog breeder in Penang. He sells champion bloodline dogs. I just got a puppy from him and there is another puppy available (Male). You can contact Yang (the breeder's name at 0124055727 if you are really interested - the dogs are quite pricy but the doggies are really worth it because of their genetics and less chances of getting any genetic diseases) Have a nice day!

Raphael
Dog Kichi

Mar 5, 2005, 7:42 AM

Post #18 of 93 (6846 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Pitbulls are bred to fight, their natural instinct is to kill the other dog, so to stop the pitbull from fighting is to deprive it from it's natural love...........

i seriously doubt that you know what you are talking about,BUT,anyway,you are very wrong in what you saying,honestly

tuckfook

Mar 5, 2005, 9:29 PM

Post #19 of 93 (6841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Raphael] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Please elaborate how am I wrong ?

Please also qualify yourself, how many pit bulls have you had ? I would love to be corrected !

Thank you. I've switched to Beagles !

Raphael
Dog Kichi

Mar 5, 2005, 10:54 PM

Post #20 of 93 (6831 views)
Shortcut

unfortunatly,in a country that blindly copy england in banning(thanx to ppl with irresponsible views like you),it is a waste of time to correct anyone,as harm is already done,so dont expect any further reply from me

but,can you tell me how come the other dogs in this pic are still alive?

p.s your current dog breed WILL be on the BSL list,,its just a matter of time,wait and see,so maybe you wanna change to keeping rabbits and hamsters?

tuckfook

Mar 6, 2005, 6:24 AM

Post #21 of 93 (6824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Raphael] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know which country you are in but in Malaysia, many have been able to keep pitbulls before and now. If there is a ban, I certainly cannot see any signs of it.

Dogs as with most animals can be conditioned to accept "friends" ! If you really know dogs, your question would not have arisen.

I have kept 4 pitbulls together and often they had fights too. I use an electrocutor to separate them. Nevertherless one eventually was killed by the younger dog. The main problem is that they will kill other dogs on the streets. ie. not conditioned as "friends". It is embarassing, for me anyway, to have amny of my neighbours' dogs killed by my pets.

There is nothing irresponsible about discussing any dog trait, in fact it is quite the contrary.

There are many people who do not understand dogs yet and as such the more experienced should give advice, welcome or not. It is a civic duty.

One major point is that APB does not need to be trained to be killers of other dogs whereas most other breeds need to be specifically trained. Training an APB consists of strengthening the dog for fights and improving it's stamina and agility.

An APB usually requires some training to be guard dogs or attack dogs ie. against humans. Even so trained, throw in another dog and you'll have free unhindered access.

I have now successfully trained a few APB and crosses with Boxers for hunting. They are good at tracking and chasing but unfortunately they do not bark much. They tend to attack the boars which results in injuries to the dogs. In fact I'll be testing a few more new APB mix in the jungles of Mahang, Perak tomorrow. Care to observe ?

There is also a dog fight going on tomorrow on the hill slopes, just outside of Georgetown. Someone is bringing an Akita at about 40lbs. matched with APB at about 35lbs. Good stakes involved. A fight until owner submits.

Having seen a few APB fights, I'm reluctant to see another. I don't like to see my dogs hurt. I've stitched a few together and put a few to sleep too.

For the benefit of all potential APB owners, if you cannot handle it don't do it !

Tuckfook.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Mar 7, 2005, 9:33 PM

Post #22 of 93 (6796 views)
Shortcut

Hv 2 agree with Raphael here. Dont own any PBT but a JRT n he got along pretty well with a PBT he only just met at a training ground, with d owner’s close supervision. I feel dat any dog (PBT included) can b bred 2 live well with deir family, even with kids n other dogs n hv seen instances of it. Of course, it‘ll mean a great deal of time, effort, patience n conditioning as u put it.

Obviously, ur conditioning methods leave a lot 2 b desired with ur neighbours’ n own dogs ending up in d same gruesome fate. Embarrassment is d least of ur worries, mate.

I think it’s a poor pretext 2 use d dog’s natural instincts n ability as a means 2 justify ur actions n needs ie. thrill 4 dogfights, injury n possibly death, fuelled by personal bets on d side. Do u mean a very well trained n obedient PBT will attack any dog without d slightest provocation whatsoever from d owner/animal/environment? Even d wildest animals need a purpose b4 dey go on a hunt n kill an animal eg. 4 food/ self preservation.

Just cant comprehend ur ideal dat it’s a different type of love for dogs ven u send ur own dog out 2 a fight till death over some wager. Pls dont blame d PBT ven u know very well where d fault lies. If u r not willing 2 domesticate ur dog, den why bring 1 home in d 1st place? If u take it upon urself 2 own such a wonderful animal, den u owe it 2 ur PBT 2 give him d proper guidance n affection 2 b at ease in all environments. Of course, if u r breeding dem 4 hunting boars, den its a different ballgame alltogether.

Certainly, advise from an experienced owner is always welcomed but not ven it pertains 2 d promotion of dogfights.

If I hd d means, I wld like 2 hv a PBT but not 4 d reasons u hv mentioned. Violence begets violence…n d world is a much sadder place bcoz of it.

Groovy (JRT), ‘Hey, cant v just b friends?’

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

tuckfook

Mar 8, 2005, 5:28 AM

Post #23 of 93 (6782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Very interesting what you have said.

Firstly, Don't forget that a PBT was bred to Fight. It is therefore natural for it to fight ! The history of this breed tells all. Needs no provocation ! If it needed an excuse to fight it is not true to breed!

Similarly, there are many dogs bred specifically for a purpose, hence we have gundogs, retreivers, guard dogs, sheep dogs etc.

Any dog can be trained to do the opposite of it's instincts but remember that it may revert back to it's instincts when it matters most.

Human nature is such that people want to "domesticate " animals and as such try to make them do un-natural things A prime example would be trained Lions and Tigers and other circus animals.

Not all "re trained " animals are suitable as pets, eg. could you trust a circus Tiger under all circumstances ?

We are discussing a PBT as a pet, though it may be trained against it's instincts, it may one day, under suitable conditions, revert back to it's instincts. Therefore my advice is, if you can't handle it then don't do it !

I do not advocate dog fights but for the sake of knowledge, I have been to a few. I tell about it because it is gruesome and hope that others will be suitably informed.

Most PBT owners in Malaysia, keep them for fights. Many pet type PBT owners give up their pets when they become uncontrollable, which is why the variuos SPCAs will usually destroy them instead of offering them for adoption.

There are people who have managed to keep PBT successfully as domestic pets but the numbers are small and the risk is especially high.

The PBT is a famous King of dogs and many people like to keep them, in a way to associate themselves with this breed ! Unfortunately these very people are usually new to dogs and usually clueless about genetics.

Ask any reputable kennel owner, and you'll probably get the same as I have expressed.

A dog owner must understand the breed that he/she is keeping instead of trying to mould the pet pyscologically, to the owners' ideals. If they really want to do the moulding, then try breeding dogs to their ideals.

Tuckfook.

groovemaster
Enthusiast

Mar 10, 2005, 1:54 AM

Post #24 of 93 (6730 views)
Shortcut

If u go back 2 ur previous threads, there may hv bn statements made which seem contradictory 2 ur stance dat u arent an advocate of dog fights…but will give u d benefit of d doubt.

Just wanna highlight dat similar dog breeds eg. Bull Terriers n Staffordshire Bull Terriers (UK specs) were also originally bred for bull baiting n pit fights n dese terriers hv bn, through selective breeding, brought down 2 a level considered reliable pets, particularly d Bull Terriers. D Staffordshire Terriers (UK specs), whilst many r domesticated pets, may still get in2 fights n r only suitable 4 owners with equal tenacity.

As 4 d Staffordshire Bull Terriers (US specs)/PBT, dey still hv a long way 2 go, no thanks 2 irresponsible breeders n owners who continue 2 encourage d aggressive tendencies in d breed. U r right dat it has 2 start with d breeders but owners shld begin 2 shoulder some of d responsibilities as well.

If u visit Western countries, dont b surprised 2 c such terriers hanging out with deir owners, sometimes off leash at d parks/beach/farms, running, playing n having a good time generally n dey dont appear 2 b any less contented from fighting terriers.

Hunting is fair game for dogs…pit fights r not.

Groovy (JRT), ‘Think there is some JRT blood in d PBT makeup as well… tenacity aka.stubbornness.’

Feeling groovy? ... den take a peek at 'GroovyDogsJustWannaHvFun'

tuckfook

Mar 10, 2005, 5:55 AM

Post #25 of 93 (6719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groovemaster] American Pit Bull Terrier [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Most people have never seen a pit bull fight, and will probably never ever ! Where there is money, there will always be dog fights. If you have never seen a PB fight then it is very difficult to visualise it.

Dog fights are still prevalent in US, UK, and many so called civilised countries. As with cock fights in Asia !

I believe(personal) that each breed has it's merits and I will try to pick a suitable breed for it's merits. This is quite contrary to many who pick pets out of looks and then try to modify their instincts/behaviours .

I want a tenacious breed with a good nose,good bark but not a fighter to the death. In Australia, pitbulls are mixed with other breeds to get a good hunting dog that will fight a wild boar and bring the boar down. This unfortunately will not work in the thick jungles of Malaysia and the boar will often get the better of a brave dog.

Yes, the JRT is a possible line mixed with Beagle to get the hound's nose and bark with the agility and tenacity of the JRT. That's my next project.

Yes, many dogs have been bred for their pet qualities but original looks.....that is if your emphasis is on a pet. My feeling is " What good is a Sheep dog that does not herd Sheep " ? Urban society has become such that pets are used to satisfy their owners' ego. Just like small people driving huge 4WD that never leave the city : )

If you don't want an agressive dog then don't get an agressive breed ! Sorry to have to say this but I am very anti people who keep dogs not suitable for their environment ! ie Pit bulls, Rottweilers, GSD etc. in houses with unsuitably small compounds, Beagles, JRT etc in apartments - the list goes on. Let's be fair to the dogs' instincts and requirements, as I'm sure we would not want to be "caged" up similarly.

It is particularly annoying as I see extremes here, like Huskies and St.Bernards in non A/c houses ! The SPCA should get them for cruelty to their pets.

BTW not advocating dog fights does not mean condemning dog fights. Just food for thought, a PBT loves to fight so would stopping them from fighting be cruel ?

Tuckfook.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my