Tear eyes:

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Feb 27, 2005, 6:13 AM

Post #1 of 7 (4850 views)
Shortcut
Tear eyes: Can't Post

Dear forum members

My furkid - Brownie has been teary eye for about one week. I went to pharmacy as recommended and bought Liquifilm and had put this on his eyes then.

Actually, it also happened three months ago and we brought him to see the vet and was given a cream. It was okay then.

But now it is happening again. I read previous post that it might be ear infection, but Brown had no ear infection. Everytime when he comes back from morning and evening walk, we wiped him and washed his legs. Si I guess there is no "dirtyness"

Of course I would bring to see a vet but I am just wondering if there is any advice that I can take.

Thank you.

Pipimom

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 27, 2005, 8:22 AM

Post #2 of 7 (4844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] Tear eyes: [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

not sure this helps but Baby been having teary eyes for the past 1 month or so..i did mention to the doctor bout it..he checked and it's nothing alarming..
blame it to the hot weather and dusty condition! it causes dryness to the eyes..such irritation then causes tear duct to produce excessive tear to restore the moist in the eyes

but then again, do check with your vet yah.

-= There are no bad breeds, just bad breeding=-

Got Dalmatian??Click Here..
Got Mixed Breed??Click here...

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Feb 27, 2005, 9:59 PM

Post #3 of 7 (4823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [icezcream] Tear eyes: [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear icezream

You are right. The doc said Brownie is okay. His eyeball is clear and it is due to irritation so gave a eye drop. I have to monitor the situation on Brown's eyes and get back to the doctor. Possibly also the tear duct got problem but at the moment no alarm.

Thank you for your concern.

pipimom

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 28, 2005, 8:07 AM

Post #4 of 7 (4812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] Tear eyes: [In reply to] Can't Post

no problem...Wink

continue observing Brownie yah!! he should be fine...dun worry too much!!Smile

o_deb
Novice

Mar 2, 2005, 4:14 AM

Post #5 of 7 (4787 views)
Shortcut

My chi, Lolita is 4 1/2 wks..i can see her eyes the tears from her eyes 'kena' the skin under her eyes..she seems healthy but i can the around her eyes especially under her eyes like want to irritate Unsure..so what should i do to keep the skin under her eyes dry so that it doesnt irritate the skin...should i put some vaseline under the eyes to keep the tears touch the skin??...izzit safe to put vaseline there? my Lolita very naughty so i scared she'll try to lick the vaseline and swallow it or sumthin...Unimpressed

icezcream
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 2, 2005, 7:41 AM

Post #6 of 7 (4780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [o_deb] Tear eyes: [In reply to] Can't Post

hi o_deb,

are you refering to tear stain under Lolita's eyes? chi hua hua is prone to tear stain and constant wiping does help in reducing the stain. there are some products in the market which helps in clearing tear stain. but then again, i hope chi hua hua owners here could give better recommendations. they know best Wink

btw, i wouldn't recommend applying any form of medication or even vaselin near the eyes. Wink scare it may cause further irritation or even blindness. better not..

o_deb
Novice

Mar 2, 2005, 11:49 PM

Post #7 of 7 (4757 views)
Shortcut

HI Icezcream

Thanks for the info Cool ..i think at the moment i juz try to wipe her tear stain, i'll go down to a pet shop 2moro to check out some of the stuff for the tear stain that u recommended me.. Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my