Home: Events Calendar: Event Calendar:
Agility at Padang Merbuk

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 15, 2003, 11:35 PM

Post #1 of 19 (7184 views)
Shortcut
Agility at Padang Merbuk Can't Post

Hiya, apprently tomorrow they are holding dog agility at Padang Merbuk at 4pm. Is anyone going? I will be at the MINES show so don't know if I can make it - but reallly hope we can - Luckey and I have been waiting for this for a long time... she absolutely loves to jump and be agile! Tongue

buttons
Dog Kichi

Mar 17, 2003, 6:34 AM

Post #2 of 19 (7161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Agility at Padang Merbuk [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jen

I was at MIPE today fr 3-5pm ...didnt see you and luckey...i saw sharon but didnt manage to say...after that i went to padang merbuk but there was no agility party Frown...was there at bout 5 plus (maybe it has ended)...didnt see you there so i guess u didnt miss anything

joon

ricky
Enthusiast

Mar 17, 2003, 7:32 AM

Post #3 of 19 (7154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buttons] Agility at Padang Merbuk [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi joon,

Aiya, since you been there, why don look for me leh??Unsure

Regards,Ricky
friendly,
RicKY

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 17, 2003, 7:34 AM

Post #4 of 19 (7153 views)
Shortcut

Hi Buttons!

Apparently the actual agility demo will be on Monday at 5pm Padang Merbuk. So if anyone can still make it on a work day, you are most welcome to witness a rare event. This demo will be conducted by Mr. Adom Lee (the Singaporean Obedience Judge).

Try not to miss it. I also heard that we are encouraged to bring our furkids along Smile!

I will be there with Sharon and Pepper..

Rdgs Arthur

buttons
Dog Kichi

Mar 17, 2003, 7:44 AM

Post #5 of 19 (7148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ricky] Agility at Padang Merbuk [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ricky

aiks ... i dint see u ehehe was trying to get tips on dog training fr watchin the pro s train their dog ehehehe...so r u comin tomolo?

buttons
Dog Kichi

Mar 17, 2003, 7:49 AM

Post #6 of 19 (7148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Agility at Padang Merbuk [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi authur !

I ll be there ehehehe...today my bf steven saw sharon in MIPE but she was moving too fast didnt manage to say HI

See you there tomorrow ...I ll bring Buttons...i hope she behaves Wink

Joon

ginl
ALPHA

Mar 17, 2003, 7:22 PM

Post #7 of 19 (7131 views)
Shortcut

I'll be there today for the agility demo too....see u all at 5pm Smile

buttons
Dog Kichi

Mar 18, 2003, 12:46 AM

Post #8 of 19 (7111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Agility at Padang Merbuk [In reply to] Can't Post

its now 4.44pm and its raining cats n dogs in PJ ....so i guess its going to be cancelled ? Sigh was lookin forward to it the whole day ( the highlight of my day )

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 18, 2003, 5:13 AM

Post #9 of 19 (7102 views)
Shortcut

hiya... yeah i was really looking forward to it as well... but then it started to thunder so i thought it must ahve been called off. well just as well - kind of - since it was quite hard for me to get off work early - but hope they do more agility...

ginl
ALPHA

Mar 18, 2003, 6:11 AM

Post #10 of 19 (7097 views)
Shortcut

Well despite the rain a few of us turned up, it was still drizzling when we got there so they gave a lecture first on agility and when the rain stopped they brought out some of the equipment out to the car park coz it was dry and we managed to try out some! It was great! Think the owners and the dogs had a lot of fun [laugh} ...got quite a few pointers on how to get the dogs to go thru the obstacles too especially the weaving poles which was the most difficult one for Biscuit coz he just cudn't stop sniffing on the ground searching for food Crazy

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 18, 2003, 6:16 AM

Post #11 of 19 (7096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Agility at Padang Merbuk [In reply to] Can't Post

oh wow, sounds like it was fun, wish i had gone! hey since you guys know more about agility now, can we make the next gathering at KK an agility one? DO you think there is any chance of the agility equipment coming out again this Sunday during the training at the padang? Tongue

Khoobg
Webmaster

Mar 18, 2003, 6:59 AM

Post #12 of 19 (7093 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jenn,

The agility session conducted at PM was fun and very informative. With the guidance of Mr. Adom Lee of Singapore, Ron was able to go through the tunnel, jump obstable in a matter of one hour. With more practises, he should be able to do others soon. Wish that you were there. Boon, Kangser, Gina, Arthur, KBS, Jason were there to try out.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 18, 2003, 7:58 PM

Post #13 of 19 (7072 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Agility at Padang Merbuk [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah really wish i could have been there. WHat time did you guys start the agility (coz it was raining, so i thought no point in going, since i was also at work)... maybe can convince MKA to run these classes more regularly? Wink

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2003, 4:55 AM

Post #14 of 19 (7056 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jennifer.... it's a pity you missed the agility demo. Luckey and Brinkley would have enjoyed it too. We started around 6pm. It was really good and the doggies had fun. All the dogs went through the different apparatus with little or no problem and we had very good guidance from Mr. Adom. Would be nice if there's another one. Hopefully someone would post the photos taken. By the way, Luckey's punk hair style is really cool!!!

kbs
Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2003, 8:16 PM

Post #15 of 19 (7043 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jenn,

I think MKA is going to setup the Agility equipment on Sunday again, am not sure. But it was surely fun and informative on Monday. I brought both Snuffy and Archie the past Monday, Snuffy is not an agility dog for sure, but Archie is not too bad, for his age. Even thou I think he might be too young for agility at the moment. The judge did mention the ideal age for agility is one year and above.

Regards,
KBS

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 19, 2003, 10:14 PM

Post #16 of 19 (7029 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jenn,

I say man...you and Luckey should have been there at the agility training..Mr. Adom Lee and Mr.Chew from Singapore were really helpful and patient with the gang. Apart from Amanda's Ben Ben, most of the doggies there were all begineers to agility...some of them seeing the equipment for the 1st time.

Oh boy did we or did we not have fun that day..you should have seen some of the doggies reactions. Before the training, they were quite apprehensive about the dog walk, jumping, tunnel, A-frame etc. Afterwards ..with lots of patience and encouragement from owners and supporters..they were all doing it like pros..(well, okay-lah not exactly like pros but at least they are jumping, walking, climbing, running like never before!)

We dragged out the dog walk, A-frame, hurdle, tunnel, table and weave poles.. One by one, Mr.Adom Lee and the other trainers showed us how to encourage and handle the doggies to complete the exercise. Personally, I was very happy that Pepper conquered her fear of running thru the tunnel. The evening finished on a high note with Amanda handling Ben Ben thru the complete course..showing us how it is done. Ben Ben started by running thru the tunnel before doing a 180 turn to the dog walk, another 180 turn to the hurdle, A-frame and finishing by doing a fantastic weave thru the weave poles! It was an inspiration to see them performing the routine.

"nuff said. Rdgs ArthurSmile

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 20, 2003, 3:54 AM

Post #17 of 19 (7007 views)
Shortcut

Sounds like you guys had a BALL of a time on Monday... oooh really wish i had been there, you are making me so jealous Tongue !! You must show me all the tricks you learnt so Luckey and Brinkley can have some fun too Wink hehe...

So you mean they have the whole set (of equipment)? The rain didnt make the dogwalks etc slippery? We should ask Amanda to give a demo this coming Sunday! Hey is her dog called Ben Ben or Bam Bam?

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 20, 2003, 7:26 AM

Post #18 of 19 (6999 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jenn,

Naah..the equipment was stored away nice and dry in the shoplot. We did the training over at the sandy area where the cars are normally parked. Since it was a week-day, the parking lot was vacant which suited us perfectly.

Amanda's dog is call Ben Ben. I believe Ben Ben is more of Emily's doggie rather than Amanda's.

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 20, 2003, 8:00 AM

Post #19 of 19 (6995 views)
Shortcut

Chris absolutely adores that dog Ben Ben... (he was demo dog for our first CGC class) made him want to get a golden just to cross with Luckey would you believe! Well, they are both female so i dun think that will happen *hehe

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my