Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Lost my baby on the 1st day of CNY

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 15, 2003, 1:29 AM

Post #1 of 21 (3228 views)
Shortcut
Lost my baby on the 1st day of CNY Can't Post

My dog, Richie, a Dauschand mix Spitz ran away on the 1st day of CNY. We're actually from PJ but my family and I took him along back to Seremban (our hometown) for CNY. Anyway, we have a bungalow there so he's always left on the compound to run around. We've been doing that for the past 3 years. In PJ, he stays in the house most of the time although we take him for walks.

Anyway when we reached the house we filled up his bowl with his food and fresh water and made sure that the gates were still wired up at the bottom before we left for lunch at my grandma's. we came home straight after lunch only to find him missing. Some kids were playing with red crackers behind my house and the crackers were littered all over the back compound. We suspect they might have thrown them in at Richie. Richie actually forced his way out of the wires at the gate. My poor baby's fur...some of them were still stuck on the wire when we got back.

Because the place was not familiar to him and because he ran out in fear, he must have lost his way. And you guys know what? It NEVER rains during CNY!! But THIS YEAR IT DID....CONTINUOUSLY!!! I think that kind washed away whatever scent he left behind. Frown

We extended our stay in Seremban for over a week. And we go out searching for him each day we were there, each and every house in 3 gardens and even all the abandoned houses near our garden. The fist 3 days of CNY we were out looking for him till 4-5 am. I finished the whole box of namecards I had with me, begging and pleading with whoever I came across to call me if they see any dog that resembles Richie. And I've never cried so much in my life. And that one week there was real torture. Every night when we hear a dog's bark we either walk or drive out to investigate.

It's been over a month now and I still go back on weekends and on any public holiday to look for Richie - handed out hundreds of flyers. Twice someone called and we rushed back to Seremban on a weekday only to come back disappointed.

I don't know where Richie is now and I hope he's still alive. And if someone did take him in, I hope that family treats him well. Although he's not a pure breed, and we did not buy him, he's so much a part of the family. I hope if someone took him in, he/she knows what he likes/don't like to eat and that he's afraid of heights and he hates to take car rides...and that he loves being stroke at the belly and behind his ears. I hope they know he hates bread and loves ice cream.

My family and I are not planning to get a new dog yet. Somehow, it's hard to replace Richie. It's sad at home cause everywhere reminds us of him.

To those who lost their dogs - I'm sorry to hear that. I can really imagine the trauma you're going through.

Hopefully a miracle will happen. This is the longest he's been away from home from the day he was born.

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2003, 9:50 AM

Post #2 of 21 (3212 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Lost my baby on the 1st day of CNY [In reply to] Can't Post

cshellz,

I'm very sorry to hear about this.
Never give up in searching,
but wish Richie met someone who's kind enough to keep him "temporarily"...just hope that he's being adopted by someone and not just straying on the street without care and food.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

drew
ALPHA

Mar 16, 2003, 6:15 PM

Post #3 of 21 (3210 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

sorry to hear that Frown ... hope you'll find Richie back soon ~!Smile

wkser
ALPHA

Mar 17, 2003, 10:59 PM

Post #4 of 21 (3201 views)
Shortcut

hi cshellz,

sorry to hear about that...Frown......

regards
kangser and nous

jessnst
Novice

Mar 18, 2003, 10:49 AM

Post #5 of 21 (3190 views)
Shortcut

cshellz, Sorry to hear about Richie. I know exactly how you feel. I hope someone spots him soon. Do you have a photo of him? If you put it on the website, it'll be easier for people to spot him. Let us know how you get on - hope to hear the good news soon.

Jessica

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 20, 2003, 8:23 PM

Post #6 of 21 (3170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jessnst] Lost my baby on the 1st day of CNY [In reply to] Can't Post

jessnt,

Have you found your doggie yet? hope you are having more luck than I am.

Have been going to Seremban so often...keep getting calls from people who claim to have found Richie. Rushed back to Seremban so many times but it's always not him.

I've got ppl who called me and when we rushed back they pointed us to a brown mongrel! And in the flyers I attached Richie's picture as well and the mongrel looked NOTHING like him!! There was another young woman who took me to see a white dog with short fur and when I said it wasn't Richie....she got angry and insisted it was him and that I was mistaken. But I could recognise Richie's bark instantly! You see, I actually stated in the flyers that I will personally give a reward for anyone who can return Richie to me safely. Mistake, I guess. But the reward thingy sure got a lot of people out searching for Richie. Pros and Cons.

I will try to get to a scanner soon to so I can post his picture here. Btw, anyone here from Seremban?? Or who knows anyone who lives in Seremban?

Actually the few trips to and fro Seremban on weekdays and coming back late at night is taking its toll on us. Frown Not to mention the weekends... We miss him a lot and want him back really bad. And each time we receive a call whether the description fits him or not we woudl take the chance and drive all the way down just to make sure.

I really don't know what to do and don't know how long this will last.Frown

i_miss_my_shih_tzu
New User

Apr 27, 2003, 8:13 AM

Post #7 of 21 (3095 views)
Shortcut

i'm sorry about richie, i know how you feel someone stole my female shih tzu and my male shih tzu and i are searching for her every day for hours. every day is another day failed in finding her.

But maybe it will help if you will ask the people to put the phone to the dogs ear and let it hear your voice then if it starts barking and its his bark you can go get him.. i had to do that a few times, with the same shih tzu, she was always stolen, her markings are very rare markings and she could go for alot of money.

the phone i show i found her 3 times but the 4th time no one called and shes still missing for 3 weeks.

My male shih tzu just mopes arround the house and lays by the gate in which she was stolen at. I think hes wishing she'd just prance right back in the gate and play with her little cat beany baby and he could try to take it like always. but she never does....

i hope the people that took her realizes how much pain they caused, and the same with richie.. i hope the kids realize how much pain they caused too.

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Apr 28, 2003, 6:55 PM

Post #8 of 21 (3081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [i_miss_my_shih_tzu] Lost my baby on the 1st day of CNY [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

RIchie has been missing for nearly 3 months already. At the beginning there were many calls from people who claim has sighted him. But we couldn't ask them to do much as most of them were Muslims. (the neighbouring taman was more Muslim populated). Nevertheless, we drove back just to check anyway and I can't keep track of how many false alarms there were already or how many times we had driven back on a weeknight only to get disappointed and drive all the way back to PJ.

We also spent many many weekends searching for RIchie..some ppl say they have seen him and they'd bring us all around but we still can't find him. Once there was a dog who looked quite like him but it wasn't. Some ppl we approached were so rude they even 'shooed' us away and one man even yelled at us that they've EATEN him. There was this really mean man (I can never forget his face!!! Mad) He just kept shouting asking us to leave and that the dog is dead and he's eaten it a few days back! I started crying...how could someone be so cruel?? I only asked if he'd seen my dog. Frown His wife tried to shut him up and looked at me apologetically...ans said that he's just joking. Up to today, I'm not sure if that man told the truth or not.

I know it's almost impossible for me to find Richie. But all we can do now is to pray that he's still alive and healthy and that he's found a family who can continue giving him love. We know it's impossible that he'll just show up at our door cause he's somewhere in Seremban and we're in PJ. But we talk about him all the time and we'll always love and remember him. Of course, we're still praying and still holding on to any hope at all of reuniting with him again.

Rusty_Boy
K9 Maniac

May 14, 2003, 12:53 AM

Post #9 of 21 (3028 views)
Shortcut

hi cshellz,

it was sad to know that u lost richie. but after reading wat actually happened, i feel like crying. i may not know how it really feel losing a dog but i really can't imagine my life without my rusty boy. once, my family played a joke on me telling me that our family dog (a miniature poodle) was missing. i was working then. without thinking i told my boss i had to take the day off (crying) and by boss had a fright wondering wat happened. while on the way home, tears were running down and i went calling out her name everywhere, in and outside the house. while calling out for her, my mind ran wild, thinking of all possibilities that could happened to her. seeing me at such state, my mum scolded my dad for playing such a prank on me Crazy. but the moment i saw her, i forgot abt the prank played on me. wat actually happened was the poodle sneaked into my dad's car before he went out (he was going to the JPJ). upon reaching the JPJ the poodle showed hiimself and my dad had to send her to my other sis who is working nearby.....

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 16, 2003, 6:02 PM

Post #10 of 21 (3000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rusty_Boy] Lost my baby on the 1st day of CNY [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Rusty_Boy,

Thanks for your reply. Smile Yeah, its really sad. Till today we still miss him dearly and talk about him all the time. We have a lot of great memories, thank god. Although we now have a new puppy whom we adore and love greatly, they are just both different dogs. I guess Richie was special to us also because he was our first dog.

Anyway, losing a dog for anyone is painful esp if the dog already has a 'family member' status. I can only pray that less ppl have to go through that pain. As for Richie....my mum quoted the chinese saying..."there's destiny but no fate". We are still waiting for him to come back though...but it's been 3 1/2 months already. Frown

Anyway, happy for u that it was just a prank and not for real. Wink

carynn

May 28, 2003, 12:02 AM

Post #11 of 21 (2945 views)
Shortcut

Hi Michelle....

Just read about Ritchie...and I'm so sorry that you had to go through such a heart-wrenching trauma....how long have you had Ritchie and how old is he now?

I can't say that I totally know what you're going through but I can certainly emphatize...I can't imagine life without my little Harvey..I always look at him and make him "promise" to stay with us at least till we're 40..I was just talking with a fellow dog lover the other day and we both wonder why dogs cannot have the life span of human....There'll never be a replacement....

Ritchie would be happy to know that he's missed and love so much by you guys...I too, pray that he's found and loved the same if not much more by another family or person....or he may still find his way to you again....

Try not to be too sad..but then again, I had to stiffle a few sniffs while reading your sad tale......

My prayers are with you and Ritchie.....take care...
Mommy to Harvey Milkbone

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 28, 2003, 2:18 AM

Post #12 of 21 (2940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carynn] Lost my baby on the 1st day of CNY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Carynn, Smile

thanks for the kind words. Chances of him returning are slim, but of course as always, I always have room in me to pray for his return. We all miss him dearly. I would love to bring him for one of the outings! If only I found puppy.com earlier..

carynn

May 29, 2003, 11:20 PM

Post #13 of 21 (2923 views)
Shortcut

Hey Michelle Unimpressed

The feeling of despair is sort of the worse kind..where you can't stop hoping but deep inside, you already know the answer/outcome....Let's just pray for the best for Richie.....I know words are little comfort to you...but be comforted that Richie has felt your love and he knows you love him dearly

Meanwhile, we'll survey places like "fu yung" (I shud be going there next weekend if Andy's parents doesn't decide to come to KL) and bring our doggies, Harvey, Sparkle, Bizkit.. to have lots of fun....
Mommy to Harvey Milkbone

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 29, 2003, 11:34 PM

Post #14 of 21 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Hi Carynn, Smile

You described my feelings precisely! Smile Thanks for the words of comfort...and about fu yong, Sparkle is OK but Bizkit??? She'll drench us all up with her drool and will slobber all over all the way back Crazy

joycet78

May 29, 2003, 11:41 PM

Post #15 of 21 (2919 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I'm so sorry about your Richie, I've lost my dog once many years ago, luckily I did found him back a few months later - some one kept but took care of him. I do hope you will stay strong and don't give up hope on finding Richie.

Good luck!
JT78

carynn

May 29, 2003, 11:56 PM

Post #16 of 21 (2917 views)
Shortcut

Heh..heh..so, it's Bizkit the droolerlah..well, there are various way we an get about this...

1) Have a bucket and train Bizkit to stick her head in....Tongue how likely is this lah? But then again...I saw in NST paper yesterday, this mongrel in India which was taught to stand and balance on stacks of cans..it's 5-6 cans' height..they start with a can as big as those huge Milo tin and work all the way up to the size of a can of condensed milk..and the dog was balancing himself on all 4 within the diameter of that small can! It's amazing yet so kesian for the dog...it was actually "performing" in the street so that the so-called owners can get some money from the public....

2) Wind down the window and let her stick her head out...pity Crazy those motorcyclist who kena her drool though..ha..ha...

3) Drive her around in a truck..then Bizkit can sit behind....

Otherwise if you bring Sparkle only..then you'll probably look at you and ask why so "pin sum"??? I wanna go too.....take me, take me with youuuuuuuuuuuu.....
Mommy to Harvey Milkbone

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 30, 2003, 6:59 PM

Post #17 of 21 (2908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joycet78] Lost my baby on the 1st day of CNY [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Joyce, Smile

Thanks for the kind words. RIchie's our baby and we'll always have our arms opened to welcome him back...if fate brings us back together again.

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 30, 2003, 7:11 PM

Post #18 of 21 (2907 views)
Shortcut

Hi Carynn, Smile

Aiya cannot la...that day let her stick her head out of the window but the wind just blew all the slobber right back to my face or tyler's face depending on which window she prefers Tongue

carynn

May 30, 2003, 8:13 PM

Post #19 of 21 (2901 views)
Shortcut

Wah..some more the air liur can lantun balik to you guys punye face ah? Banyak terror-merror oh Laugh....you shud probably buy her one of the mask (L size)...at least it will help to absorb some slobber....and people will only think you're protecting Bizkit from Sars...heh..heh...
Mommy to Harvey Milkbone

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

May 30, 2003, 11:27 PM

Post #20 of 21 (2893 views)
Shortcut

hi Carynn, Smile

hahaha...good idea!Laugh but we'll have to keep changing the mask or else she'll drown in her own drool Crazy

carynn

May 31, 2003, 1:07 AM

Post #21 of 21 (2888 views)
Shortcut

Oh yes..that's true..I think at this rate, the minute you put in on Bizkit, it'll be soaked wet with her slobber...Tongue
Mommy to Harvey Milkbone

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my