Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
SOS 10+ in Pain

kito
New User

Mar 13, 2003, 8:46 PM

Post #1 of 7 (666 views)
Shortcut
SOS 10+ in Pain Can't Post

Unsure hi all. i'm new and i was browsing around reading some of the postings.

May i do the introduction later? i'm just not in the mood for flowery and sweet talking rite now.

My doggie is about 10+ and he has been in and out of minor sickness for the past one year.

Lately, he is sick again. He is having a real hard time to stand. It seems like both of his back legs are losing strength.

Now, each time when he needs to stand (that's after lying on the floor for the whole day) he'll be crying out cuz of the pain.

I came to look for some info about what is affecting my doggie but i dont get to read anything yet.

Honestly, i've no idea what breed my doggie belongs to, he's kind of like mixed. Hairy, white with little brown spots. he had been in great health since day one!

I found him somewhere in the school yard, and i believe it must have been just days after he'd first seen the light.

I don't really like the idea of putting him to sleep. He is still alive! It's just the back legs that're giving way or maybe there's still a way out!

I'm not ready to part with him yet Unsure

Can anyone provide me with more readings or just info?

Really appreciate your help!

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Mar 13, 2003, 10:28 PM

Post #2 of 7 (660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kito] SOS 10+ in Pain [In reply to] Can't Post

Unfortunately I'm not much experienced with older dogs, but know they can suffer with arthritis, just like older humans. Maybe this is the problem. Just like with humans it can be treated. Perhaps you need to take your dog to the vet to check out what the problem is so he can be treated.

May
Old Hand

Mar 13, 2003, 10:41 PM

Post #3 of 7 (656 views)
Shortcut

I think the best solution would be to send your dog to the vet and find out what cause the problem. It worth paying a visit to him to sort out the problem and relief your dog from its pain.....not to mention to relief your worries too.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Looking forward for your introduction.

ashley
ALPHA

Mar 13, 2003, 11:13 PM

Post #4 of 7 (653 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kito, i really sad when i heard this news, i also not idea how to do, may be u can ask vet any advise for u doggie. Is hard wan to put a furkid who accompanying u around 10 yrs to sleep ... Frowntry ur best.
ShockedWe will support to U and ur lovely furkids..!!
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

jay_owl

Mar 14, 2003, 10:01 PM

Post #5 of 7 (642 views)
Shortcut

i'm sad to hear tht n i'm sorry tht i don hav a informative suggestion to u. i guess the best is to consult a vet, like other members said. u hav a very good spirit v u, so never giv up hope till u hav tried every good things to cure ur dog.

do keep me updated bout the progress, i do concern bout it n the cause too. all the best to u.

cheers

j Smile wong

jay_owl

Mar 14, 2003, 10:27 PM

Post #6 of 7 (639 views)
Shortcut

or try these sites c if it could giv u more info?

www.jphpk.gov.my/English/health%20differential%20dog.htm

www.srdogs.com/

www.extendedyears.com/forum/39036.html

cheers

j Smile wong

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 16, 2003, 10:17 AM

Post #7 of 7 (628 views)
Shortcut

KITO,

From what you've described, Max (11yr-old)experienced it before for a couple times, but he's able to recover.
I won't say it's full recoverage as he doesn't seems to have much strength on his legs.
Anyway, I'm not sure if my dad brought him to the vet before on this matter.... but we were suggested to feed him extra supplements especailly calcium. Guess that helped .

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my