Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Condo/Apartment in Klang Valley that allows dogs

aliciakok
Novice

Feb 8, 2005, 12:31 AM

Post #1 of 4 (820 views)
Shortcut
Condo/Apartment in Klang Valley that allows dogs Can't Post

Let me know if you know a condo/apartment that allows dogs. I really want to keep a dog (love them!)

Bailey

Feb 8, 2005, 6:32 PM

Post #2 of 4 (804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aliciakok] Condo/Apartment in Klang Valley that allows dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Legally, you are not allowed to rear dogs in apartments and condos as this is set out in the byelaws of your respective local authorities. However, there are certain apartments and condos where the management will turn a blind eye and/or the residents are more tolerant towards the rearing of dogs in the condo. One such condo is in Taman Desa. Choose to reside in a predominantly Chinese area and you will have less of a headache.

Honestly, would suggest you get a house if you want to rear dogs.

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Feb 11, 2005, 9:48 PM

Post #3 of 4 (767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aliciakok] Condo/Apartment in Klang Valley that allows dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

KL condo normally tolerate them more esp if most of the tenants are expat or chinese. i used to stay in mutiara villa with my GR and it was fine. no one complained, the guards loved the dog, she was well trained and well behaved and we got away with it.

but cons, rent is not cheap, be prepared to spend A LOT OF TIME TRAINING your dog to be good and quiet. there maybe a few dos and donts but all worked fine with us when we stayed with our dog. if u r single with time to spend with the dog, yeah maybe but a family with the dog, the place was getting a bit small.

hyenyen
Dog Kichi

Feb 11, 2005, 11:07 PM

Post #4 of 4 (763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] Condo/Apartment in Klang Valley that allows dogs [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, my english is not that good but i would like to espress some of my thingking at here.

I don't understand why we all can't keep furkid in Condo/Apartment/Flat in M'sia. We paid for the house and also the maintenance fees. We should have freedom to keep furkids as soon as we control our furkids from being barking around, peeing and pooing around. I feel very sad when i saw many dogs roaming around especially when the wooden housing land have been taken back by government and all the resident are being relocated into low cost apartment. Furkids have to be left alone once their owner have been moving into apartment. Sometimes i am thinking whether we can get permission or not from government to keep a dog in condo/apartment/flat.

One more thing, my dad went to DBKL to take dog license form. My dad ask for 3 forms because need to take some for relatives. But the person that giving out the forms said each house only allow to keep one dog. I feel a bit puzzle because i have 2 dogs at home and i applied 2 licenses for my dogs last year and now they said only allow to keep one dog???Crazy

I would like to know can i keep dogs without applying any license? I know I am asking a very silly question but sometimes i saw some houses kept more than 3 dogs without applying any license to their dog.

If our government giving us freedom to keep furkids in condo/apartment/flat, i think dogs abandon activities can be control, and of cos owner must also control theirs dog from being giving birth to many puppies.

May i know can we fight our rights for our furkids? I know it is a very impossible question to ask for. Well, thats all i would like to said out. Correct me if i was wrong. Thanks.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my