IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
Can I take Snowy together with me ?

carmine

Mar 13, 2003, 9:17 AM

Post #1 of 15 (1802 views)
Shortcut
Can I take Snowy together with me ? Can't Post

I will be leaving to Australia this July for my Degree. I'll be sad to leave Snowy, my beagle girl. My aunty who stays with me in USJ now said she will have to give Snowy away when I left since she do not have time for her. I am wondering whether I can take Snowy together with me? Can anyone give me some advice?

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Mar 13, 2003, 10:09 AM

Post #2 of 15 (1801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmine] Can I take Snowy together with me ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi !

I'm sad to hear this, isn't there anyone else who can help you to take care of snowy for you ? I hope that you and snowy wont be apart. Anyway, there is a member who just send her dog from US to KL so, if you can do that I'm sure that there is a way for you to send your dog over to Aussie too. I think Mr Khoo will be able to give you a better advise than this ...

cheers,
minglmy

carmine

Mar 13, 2003, 4:23 PM

Post #3 of 15 (1800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Can I take Snowy together with me ? [In reply to] Can't Post

If theres no way I could bring Snowy over, I will have to send Snowy back to my mom at Ipoh but she doesnt likes dog that much. On top of that, I am afraid that if I brought her back to USJ after I return from Aussie she might not used to the house anymore.

jay_owl

Mar 13, 2003, 7:38 PM

Post #4 of 15 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Hello Carmine, how long wil u b in Australia? Dogs r very adaptable to different environment, i'd suggest u to bring her over if u'll b there for a long while.

if u leave her to someone else, even relative, aren't u worry tht snowy wont b close to u anymore? to me puppy is like kid, they built strong bonds v those stay v them all the time... this is just my personal point of view lah, anyway all the best to u.

cheers

j Smile wong

jay_owl

Mar 13, 2003, 7:41 PM

Post #5 of 15 (1790 views)
Shortcut

by the way, i'm staying at usj too, i don mind to baby-sit ur snowy as she's is really cute Cool , joking lah.....

cheers

j Smile wong

lulugurl
ALPHA

Mar 13, 2003, 9:50 PM

Post #6 of 15 (1784 views)
Shortcut

maybe you can ask elly and also mack mack about the air fare and everything?
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

wkser
ALPHA

Mar 13, 2003, 9:57 PM

Post #7 of 15 (1783 views)
Shortcut

hi carmine,

you should bring snowy together if the airfares is pormising.....WinkSmile

regards
kangser and nous

Ausranger
Dog Kichi

Mar 13, 2003, 10:05 PM

Post #8 of 15 (1782 views)
Shortcut

If you are going to Australia to study for a degree, then you'll be there around 3 yrs I think? You can take Snowy with you. Australia is very dog friendly and I didn't have much trouble renting with my two dogs. Snowy would have to undergo a month's quarantine in Australia on arrival, but not in Malaysia coming back. I'm not sure where in Aus you are going, but you can visit your dogs in the quarantine station and I've been told the people in Melbourne, where I come from, are very friendly and treat the dogs well. If you're going to take your dog then you need to start on the paperwork now. There are tests to be done that need to be sent to Australia and I've been told it can take up to three months. For more information you can check out the Australian Quarantine Services's website www.affa.gov.au. You also need to get an 'export' permit from Malaysia. I'm not sure what is required for that.

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 14, 2003, 1:24 AM

Post #9 of 15 (1774 views)
Shortcut

Hi Carmine,

How nice of you to consider bringing your pet along~ as what other members suggested here, if you are going to stay in Australia for quite awhile, say.....1 year, then I do agree with them that you may bring Snowy there.
Let's put aside the questions of if there's anyone to take care of snowy in m'sia while you are away? or, will he miss me?? can he adapt to diff environment easily??
But please consider the duration of quarantine, the flight (the journey), as well as the return flight and quarantine in KLIA after your graduation......etc. Also, the documents and vet-visit u need to go; the time-line of each procedures; the supplies u need such as cage (comply with airlines standard).....
It sounds like lots of things to do in order to fly with pet, but it's just as easy as DO YOU WANT TO BRING HIM ALONG?

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

carmine

Mar 14, 2003, 7:38 AM

Post #10 of 15 (1766 views)
Shortcut

My degree course actually will only last for about 9 months because I have completed Diploma and Higher Diploma here in Malaysia. Now currently I have some doubts in my mind because I dunnoe where I will live when I reach Brisbane so I do not know whether Snowy will like it there. Say if I am staying at hostel or something, I cannot bring her along right? And I dunnoe whether it is convinient for me to take her there since I do not know how heavy will my study be.

But I would definately love to have her by me since I will be lonely without my famil and friends. I am scared also like what J has said, that she might not be close to me anymore when I return.

Do you think I should go there first and settle everything before consider bringing her over ?

jay_owl

Mar 14, 2003, 8:18 PM

Post #11 of 15 (1758 views)
Shortcut

i'm afraid by the time u settle down, then u'll need mths to settle how to transfer snowy to australia, n by the time snowy is there, u r about to finish ur degree oredi Tongue ...

to mack mack, is it possible tht we settle all the neccessary procedures here 1st, b4 we decide whether we wanna take our doggies v us to overseas?

cheers

j Smile wong

(This post was edited by jay_owl on Mar 14, 2003, 8:19 PM)

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 14, 2003, 8:52 PM

Post #12 of 15 (1752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay_owl] Can I take Snowy together with me ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course u may do so if costs are not the matter here (time and effort and money). Basically, the health certification and import/export permits are to become effective in only a period of time.

jay_owl

Mar 14, 2003, 8:57 PM

Post #13 of 15 (1750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Can I take Snowy together with me ? [In reply to] Can't Post

ic... thanx for sharing tht.

cheers

j Smile wong

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 14, 2003, 8:59 PM

Post #14 of 15 (1749 views)
Shortcut

carmine,

not to discourage you here...but if there's still so many uncertainties, u better think twice.Wink

carmine

Mar 15, 2003, 7:13 AM

Post #15 of 15 (1736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Can I take Snowy together with me ? [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah..i know.. my family doesnt encourage to bring her there also.. my aunty say if she are housebroken by the time I leave maybe she will let her stay at USJ until I come back.. hahaha

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my