Novice

Feb 3, 2005, 5:54 PM

Post #1 of 7 (1195 views)
Shortcut
HELP Can't Post

HI ALL,

I'm from jb i hav a 4 to 5 mth old pup who always when he wear the

collar he start to become very moody n dun like to move and when i

take him out, i use a lead/rope to lead him, he start struggle, bitting the rope

is there a solution to solve this problem?????????????????

thomstan
Canine Addict

Feb 3, 2005, 8:06 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tjx] HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

Your pup must've been uncomfortable with that collar as he has never gotten used to it. I've got that problem when my pup was about 2 months old. He keeps biting on the collar none stop. I didn't bother to take the collar of him and after many attemps of removing the collar by himself.. he knows it's not coming off and he'll eventually stop trying.

Once he got used to the collar, the leash should be easy.

My pup used to bite on the leash a lot for the first few times.

Nowadays when i leash him, he'll quickly run towards the gate and sits there quietly waiting for me to bring him out for a walk.

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

MisterStan
Doggyman

Feb 3, 2005, 11:18 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1174 views)
Shortcut

most puppies do not like the collar, as the collar makes him/her feel uncomfortable, and do not like something tied on his/her neck. after some time, the puppy would get used to the leash.. my beagle would be happy to see me holding the leash, as he knows that either it is time for a walk or time for going into jungle trekking.. SlySlySlySly

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2005, 3:38 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1169 views)
Shortcut

Firstly, let your puppy get use to the collar. Buy a cheap one first as experiment collar. Let your pup wear it a few hours a day when you are around. When he struggles less, let him know you are happy with his reaction by giving hima treat. Then, in the mind of your pup, he will think... Oh, if I wear collar, owner will give me yummy food! Do this for a week. Then, go one to leash. First, don't pull the leash at all. Just hook to collar and play with him while the leash is on. Let him get used to it. If he bites the leash, scold him and stand still with the leash still on him. After your puppy gets used to being played with the leash, try walking him. I have done this training with stray puppies around 4 months old and it works. Firstly, the puppy will not walk with the leash and will sit still. I will pull gently and give soft words and hold a treat. Everyday is about 1/2 hour of pulling and tugging gently. After the 3rd day, the puppy finally walks along with me on the leash and I do not need to pull or tug him anymore. Now, when the puppy sees me with the leash, he jumps and walks straight to the gate, waiting for me to leash him and bring him for a walk. This stray used to act like your puppy, where he bites and struggle with the leash.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Feb 5, 2005, 3:09 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1157 views)
Shortcut

No worry ..mine have the same problem too but he get over that soon when he realise his attempt is useless FrownFrown
It will take some time for them to adjust, it will..
Make sure the collar is nice place comfortable on your furkids...The gab between your furkids and the collar should be at least allow two finger to go thru...
Dun give up ya....

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

tjx
Novice

Feb 5, 2005, 6:38 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

10q all u all for giving the advice, i will use them

ps:hope it will work

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 5, 2005, 6:43 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1149 views)
Shortcut

Ah, no problem... happy trying!

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my