Home: General: Chit Chat:
Proposal: An event to be held in year end school holidays

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

Feb 1, 2005, 5:30 AM

Post #1 of 18 (1622 views)
Shortcut
Proposal: An event to be held in year end school holidays Can't Post

To make it easy for schooling teenagers like me, I propose an event to be held in the year end school holidays.

AKC RDO is held during the October, which makes PMR canditates disappointed. M'sia K9 Day is during schooling season, and I often encounter problems attending these event. Therefore, I propose that we should have one major doggie event in December.

By having a major event in the December has its advantages. We can promote responsible dog ownership more effectively by having students as visitors.

I would name the event Mongrel Day, so that we could remind the public that mongrels/mixed breeds have their own advantages. So, we could increase the number of mongrel/mixed breed owners and we could see the number of stray dogs dropping.

How's the idea?

No Holds Barred 4everLove - my blog
My chit chat corner

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 1, 2005, 7:33 AM

Post #2 of 18 (1616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluetoise2020] Proposal: An event to be held in year end school holidays [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I like Monrgel day. That's a good idea!!! Actually, it would promote our mongrels and make poeple see that they are indeed beautiful dogs. In Thailand, mongrels are treated as kings in kampungs coz they are the most useful and bravest dogs for village life.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2005, 3:29 AM

Post #3 of 18 (1590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Proposal: An event to be held in year end school holidays [In reply to] Can't Post

That's what I want! In my humble opinion, this event should be held at Central Park, Bandar Utama. The place is small enough to control but large enough for a dog event. Just held it like an ordinary dog event but the focus in on mongrels lah.

My chit chat corner

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2005, 4:18 AM

Post #4 of 18 (1588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluetoise2020] Proposal: An event to be held in year end school holidays [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm... we have to form a mongrel and mix breed club then! When we have a good stand of poeple, then maybe we can be an organisation, you know, like those pure breed clubs lah and the easier for us to get hold of places like central park to organise such an event. I think we have to ask the big man Mr Khoo on some advice on getting central park and permit to do this kind of thing.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

nozzy
K9 Kaki

Feb 4, 2005, 8:08 PM

Post #5 of 18 (1575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh & bluetoise2020] Proposal: An event to be held in year end school holidays [In reply to] Can't Post

crazymouse,

I think we shall get a poll, open a poll on --> the mongrel club. Get as many as possible ppl to be aware of this campaign. Get them involved,then things will get going.

For gathering, it would be tough to held in public places as central park. BUT when the club members are more then we can consider to do it.

so hun, open a poll ? topic hmm...join the mongrel club 1st in m'sia? mongrel club in m'sia?the mongrel...

nozzy

" Pantai + Chilli = Havoc"

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2005, 9:06 PM

Post #6 of 18 (1564 views)
Shortcut

Good idea..i will be the first one to join...my bobby will have all he fun he want...........he is the king now....me the slave

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2005, 9:16 PM

Post #7 of 18 (1559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nozzy] Proposal: An event to be held in year end school holidays [In reply to] Can't Post

Open a poll on mongrels club? Wah... that would be so so cool man!!!!!

Hey, why don't you open leh? Better you open mah since I open up so many thread ah me cannot keep up loh hahahhaha.... how about it? PUt title Malaysian Mongrel and Mix Breed Club loh.... I like the sound of that.... shrot form is MMMC heheheh.... sounds cool?

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2005, 1:59 AM

Post #8 of 18 (1543 views)
Shortcut
mongrel day inappropriate [In reply to] Can't Post

After posting a this topic in the mongrel & mixed breed forum, Admin said that all events should be opened to all dogs. In my opinion, we should rename the event. What's your idea? .

How about the idea Breeders' Day? This could encourage people to get their dog from breeders. Breeders sacrifice their money to give you good dogs. Or, we could rename it Trainers' Day aka 'teachers' day for dog owners and dogs'.

My chit chat corner

(This post was edited by bluetoise2020 on Feb 7, 2005, 2:10 AM)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 7, 2005, 6:30 AM

Post #9 of 18 (1536 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluetoise2020] mongrel day inappropriate [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm.. if you notice, everytime got doggie event also all pure breeds turn up... only a handful or mix and mongrels so I still feel that maybe there should be a gathering for mix and mongrels... but if admin say should be open for all dogs... maybe should have a catch to make more people to take in mix and mongrels.... Maybe say have a competition only for mongrels and mix... I mean, in that day also got a lot of other stuff but make one only for mongrels and mix, I bet it will be good also since I only se pure breeds winning the beauty pageant that day.....

We have K-9 Day, Dogathon, RDO.... since year end is considered what ah? Summer Holidays? Why don't have a Summer doggie PARTY? All dogs welcome to join, more games, maybe swiming competition also... maybe make it nice and cool with some baby wadding pools for puppies to play in and more booths selling food and drinks and maybe a stand that caters to doggie treats? Eh? No need meet the breeds and other stuff, just lots of fun and games hahahaha....

nozzy
K9 Kaki

Feb 7, 2005, 6:31 PM

Post #10 of 18 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Hi

I saw what the admin wrote, well i think it is best that we can arrange a small gathering 1st in this case. Making a BIG gathering/event attracts alot of attention and critics. What we can do is to arrange a small gathering 1st and then only we shall spread the mouth of words among frens about tis. Later as the group grows bigger then we can eventually make it a BIG event and announce it around.

nozzy

" Pantai + Chilli = Havoc"

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 8, 2005, 5:09 AM

Post #11 of 18 (1519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nozzy] mongrel day inappropriate [In reply to] Can't Post

Hhmmm... I agree with you!!!!!

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

Feb 9, 2005, 8:29 AM

Post #12 of 18 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nozzy] mongrel day inappropriate [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah... then what about the venue? The place must be big enough for dogs to run around. I guess we don't have to wait more than 3 years for the big gathering to come....

My chit chat corner

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

May 23, 2005, 10:14 PM

Post #13 of 18 (1453 views)
Shortcut

Now I've gotten the newest idea. What about involving schooling teenagers in the planing of the event? There are some societies in school which we can ask for help, like Interact Club, Kelab Pecinta Alam, etc.

The format of the event should be made a little different. I propose to make it like (open) school social gatherings+dog gatherings, as not many normal students have the chance of participating in school social gatherings (the school social gatherings are usually addressed to school prefects, librarians)

What about the name of the event? Any ideas? It's very flexible, as we can have maybe... two events in one. My idea is Dog Trainers' Day and Dog's Day for Youth. The philosophy behind Dog's Day for Youth is to promote responsible dog ownership since they're young. Any other ideas?

I hope that with obvious involvement of teenagers in dog events, we can bring a revolution.

My chit chat corner

daniel
Enthusiast

May 24, 2005, 7:37 PM

Post #14 of 18 (1419 views)
Shortcut

Guys,

late a bit but wanna put some views on the "Mongrel Day". It is very hard to name it "mongrel day" and i dun see it will ever happen unless some rich tycoon wanna do it out of no reason lah..

cos there is a very true saying: "MONEY TALKS AND BULLSHIT WALKS" meaning if got money means everything also can..

try getting "PEDIGREE" to sponsor an event called "Mongrel Day".

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NOTHING AGAINTS MONGREL AND I HAVE ONE MYSELF.

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!
DUN TALK TO ME IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED.
COS I'M A DAMM KWAILAN FELLA OK!!!

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

May 27, 2005, 5:44 AM

Post #15 of 18 (1400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daniel] mongrel day inappropriate [In reply to] Can't Post

If we do that, it'll be harder because we'll not be using puppy.com.my's name to ask for sponsorship. If puppy.com.my division is going to do that, that's fine. What's important is the unity of members to organize the event.

My chit chat corner

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

May 29, 2005, 7:42 AM

Post #16 of 18 (1381 views)
Shortcut

A better name would be K9 Breeders' and Trainers' Day.

My chit chat corner

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 29, 2005, 7:05 PM

Post #17 of 18 (1368 views)
Shortcut

those strays on the streets are not just mongrels, there are lots of pure breeds too, case of nicky is 1 of them, animal shelters got lots of them. thus, i suggest "Responsible Owner's Day" something like that.

bluetoise2020
Enthusiast

May 30, 2005, 3:06 AM

Post #18 of 18 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Proposal: An event to be held in year end school holidays [In reply to] Can't Post

We have American Kennel Club Responsible Dog Ownership Day (AKC RDO Day), so there's no need for another "Responsible Owner's Day".

Anyway, I still have to meet Mr. Khoo to propose, and to involve my school friends into it.

My chit chat corner

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my