Home: General: Chit Chat:
cant help but notice

HWONG
Novice

Mar 8, 2002, 1:14 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1271 views)
Shortcut
cant help but notice Can't Post

I have been reading some threads and also from my brief participation here. The net has allowed many people who for various reasons can only or want only to express themselves in anonymity. This I feel is ok. For those who feel that they dont want to answer a question or share their views without first knowing the other person can chose not to reply or ignore the question altogether. Some who are strong proponents of "tell me who you are first" should check their own user profile and see how much they have revealed of themselves. Then there are those who are bossy and snap at others and suggest that they stay away instead. This is just doing this site a disfavour and sooner or later this forum might not last and not only those who feel unwelcome. Mr Khoo has put in a lot of effort in this just like the Koi site. This site can only survive with active participation from a lot of people.

I am sure this post will receive a lot of flak but I hope you will not ask me never to come back again.

May
Old Hand

Mar 8, 2002, 1:32 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HWONG] cant help but notice [In reply to] Can't Post

To me, this is a matter of courtesy. If you respect the forum and the other members of the forum, you should introduce yourself before entering it. These will give the other members a better idea when answering your questions (if you have any).

I think the webmaster also wanted the members to introduce themselves before participating in the forum. That's why he created a member introduction section.

There's no harm telling ppl who you are, right?

(This post was edited by May on Mar 8, 2002, 1:36 AM)

HWONG
Novice

Mar 8, 2002, 7:39 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] cant help but notice [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear May,

You are of right course but we should not preclude those those who dont reveal their identity. This does not mean he is not respectful otherwise he would not want to participate in the first place. Think about it ; if I say I am Sonny from PJ. Am I who I say I am? It all boils down to the question or statement at hand. If you feel it is worth your attention, respond. In some threads,you have known individuals going at each other but they dont get wacked like people who chose not to introduce themselves.
If you look at my profile, it reveals alot more than for eg. your good self and some of the strong proponents of "introduce yourself pls! " I may not wish to describe at length who I am or what I do but my profile has an email address, where I am from, my surname.
Also in a forum like this we need to soften our voice and not say things like eg."I dont mince my words and say it like I am". This can only receive 2 kinds of response: he @#%$! and leaves the forum like you wish he does or he respond with arguments that gets both emotional and off track.

Hate them, scold them but dont chase them away..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my