Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
help, my dog wont stop chewing my carpet

_colgate_
New User

Jan 28, 2005, 10:25 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1130 views)
Shortcut
help, my dog wont stop chewing my carpet Can't Post

hi every1, i really need ur help. my 1 yr old dalmation wont stop chewing my carpet on my stairs, i have tried the spray u can buy but that doesnt stop her she just keeps pulling it up. im really trying to sort my house out and get it looking really nice but i dont want to touch the stairs as she will only destroy it. please what can i do, im beginning to loose my mind.
hi every1 really need help with my 1 yr old dalmation.

thomstan
Canine Addict

Feb 1, 2005, 7:45 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [_colgate_] help, my dog wont stop chewing my carpet [In reply to] Can't Post

you can try rubbing a bit of 'minyak cap kapak' on the carpet and a wee bit at the side of his mouth.. just enough for him to feel the 'heat'.. he'll get the idea soon...

theoretically it sounds login.. but i've yet to try it...

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

Amanda85
Doggyman

Feb 28, 2005, 9:42 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [_colgate_] help, my dog wont stop chewing my carpet [In reply to] Can't Post

you can try garlic, coz most dogs hate the smell.

but afterall your dog might just need obedience training. shout "NO" when you sense he going to do that again. or even frighten him by throwing a bunch of keys or even use a water pistol. (this really helps when my dog is barking up the tree)

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my