Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Daschund,5months old,bald spot.

my_dawg_daisy
K9 Maniac

Jan 12, 2005, 7:10 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1964 views)
Shortcut
Daschund,5months old,bald spot. Can't Post

My daisy is sheddin quite alot recently...no changes in food or anything i still give her the same brand,BLACKWOOD and occasional we food.She's bit bald on the thigh part and i can see the hair breakage-this prolly means she's biting herself.sHE's been taking mange jabs...and it recovered till now no sign of flakes...and pimple like spots.i do feed her coat oil...and gives her vitamins...so whts the prob here?

~Eve~ Proud owner of 2 Cheeky & Bubbly Furbabies:- Daisy (Dashie) & Meeko (MS)

Eve's Lil' Cerita Place

in
Novice

Aug 14, 2005, 4:46 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_dawg_daisy] Daschund,5months old,bald spot. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eve, my dashie mix is also having the same problem. I've had him for 8 months now. He's a rescued adult. He doesn't shed much except once earlier in the year when he shedded ALOT. For the past 3 weeks, he's shedding ALOT again. The whole porch is covered with his hair. And when I comd him, his brush 'overflow' with hair. This time, I notice there are some small bald patches on his skin. He's also scratching and biting himself more often. I assume Daisy is all OK now. What did you do, any advise for me? Thanks

ilya
Novice

Dec 22, 2005, 12:03 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_dawg_daisy] Daschund,5months old,bald spot. [In reply to] Can't Post

Your Dachschund is only 5 months old so you need to find out if it is the food causing the problems. Which Blackwood food are you using at the moment? You can look at the ingredients to see what meat is in it. Try switching to a different brand or Blackwood blend with different meat in it. Remember that you wont be seeing any changes overnight. Usually it will take 4 to 6 weeks. Hope this helps.

You have a really cute puppy. I am a Dachschund owner as well.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my