Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Nose problem

redman
New User

Jan 9, 2005, 10:15 AM

Post #1 of 2 (732 views)
Shortcut
Nose problem Can't Post

Hello everyone. I need urgent help on this. I own a collie. And she is fine until some time ago that my collie begin to bleed at the skin of the nose. Soon after the entire skin peel off (the black hardened skin that usually covers the edge of the nose) and turns into reddish and white almost flesh-like skin.

My mom suspects that she has this problem this due to the dog food that she recently changed. Maybe an allergic reaction. However, after months changing back into the ordinary dog food, still my collie have the same problem. It seems to heal and recover and the black skin begin to show up a little. Then after a few days it would peel again coz my collie would rub her nose against my dad's plants. And rubbing also sometimes cause bleeding. And i know the skin is sensitive coz everyone when i addicentally touched it she would pull her nose back really fast.

So i'm wondering if my collie has contracted a skin disease, or allergy?? Or is it just normal (which is seriously doubt!!) Please help anyone that has any idea on this. Thanks

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 12, 2005, 10:44 AM

Post #2 of 2 (718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [redman] Nose problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Does not sound normal ... sounds rather unusual actually. Suggest you take your dog to a good vet for a proper examination.

Sometimes mange infection do concentrate on the nose area (but this is only a guess) ... best to let a good vet see your dog.

With unusual situations - its very hard over a forum such as this (without being able to see the dog) to say what is the correct thing to do ...

Cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my