IN

Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Runaway Nessie

daws

Jan 3, 2005, 11:10 PM

Post #1 of 21 (2371 views)
Shortcut
Runaway Nessie Can't Post

Dear All, If any of u are staying in Damansara Emas Seksyen 5, Kota Damansara area please look out for a brown MIN PIN missing since 1st Jan. My min pin was boarded at a vet's clinic in the area over the weekend and as his kennel boy was walking the dogs, somehow, the leash slipped and NESSIE ran away. The kennel boy tried chasing after it but the more he chased the more the dog ran further away and was last seen headed towards the Selangor Polo Club area. Please call 019-2219111 if u have seen a medium sized brown min pin in that area. For those in the first puppy obedience class u might know Nessie, it 's been two days since it escaped so i'm very worried for its well being since it's stilla puppy I've attached some pics below. Please help me find my beloved Nessie. Thank You DawS
Attachments: Img_0035small.jpg (34.2 KB)
  Img_0294small.jpg (27.7 KB)
  Img_0314small.jpg (56.4 KB)
  Img_6315small.jpg (45.0 KB)

ladee_m
Doggyman

Jan 4, 2005, 2:58 AM

Post #2 of 21 (2347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daws] Runaway Nessie [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Smile

I am very sorry to hear of ur furkid... hope u find Nessie soon...

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 4, 2005, 5:46 PM

Post #3 of 21 (2331 views)
Shortcut

OH NO ! Nessie is missing ! my gosh....... have u try to put up flyers to the surrounding area ? Hope you'll be reunited with Nessie soon. She just looks so much like my Summer boy ! (accept mine's fatter and your's more sleek) can't imagine she is lost....

cheers,
minglmy

(This post was edited by minglmy on Jan 4, 2005, 5:46 PM)

daws

Jan 4, 2005, 8:54 PM

Post #4 of 21 (2305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Runaway Nessie [In reply to] Can't Post

yea mingly i have given Nessie's color printout to the vet to be put up around the area, the area is huge with construction ongoing and there are two highways flanking the area so it's really quite impossible to find her. what a way to start 2005Unsure, i guess this is one peril of putting your dog at boarding houses, and them losing your dog. Frowneven if i had put an tag or address on its collar, it'll be useless since the dog's collar is taken off by the vet's assistant on checking in, as they'll use their choker to walk the dogs. i really wonder how can Nessie slip from a choker unless it's too big???? according to the kennel boy, he slipped and the leash fell from his hand, so he tried chasing Nessie still holding onto the other dogs but the more he chased the more she ran, then he brought the other dogs back to the vet and then went after Nessie agian by which time she's nowhere to be seen already!!the distance about 200-300m. Aiyoo how can let a min pin out of sight?? i've been to the place where nessie supposedly ran towards to for the past 2 days already but to no avail. on the right side of the highway are flats inhabited by mostly muslims and the left side is a new housing estate Damansara Emas which has few inhabitants at the moment, so i guess i'm resigned to losing her.FrownUnimpressed

(This post was edited by daws on Jan 4, 2005, 9:02 PM)

shlee
Doggyman

Jan 4, 2005, 9:04 PM

Post #5 of 21 (2298 views)
Shortcut

Hi, sorry to hear about your new. I think most likely your dog has been rescued by somebody staying nearby since she/he is so cute and small in size. Perhaps you and your family, and your friend could help to walk around all the nearby housing area, and see you could find your dog or not. And at the same time distribute your flyers to them. It might be helpful! Don't lose any hope yet.

It would be better if you could provide more detail about your dog, like sex, age, or any special identification to recognise your dog. I will keep an eye for your dog.

Good luck!

*****Pls help to look for my MiMi (refer to my avatar for her pic)*****
*****MiMi, where are you now? I miss you.....*****

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 4, 2005, 9:05 PM

Post #6 of 21 (2298 views)
Shortcut

HI !

Newspaper ads taken ? its not easy having a minpin and never easy putting our dogs on boarding too but what to do .... it happened liao.

small dogs is not easy to find esp. with minpin, they are damn nosy too which does not help and I'm hoping someone found Nessie and kept her for the time being rather than imagining her running around on the road, construction sides and the danger of cars, kena bitten by stray dogs and etc....

Where is this vet area ? Dr Hasnul's ? Can give me the address ? IF I can manage to go home early maybe I can try to go around those area n see if I can spot Nessie or not (but no promise) any flyers u can email me to forward it around ?

Don't give up hope yet ok.... there is still chance that someone found her and is staying around the area or she is hiding on some drains, bushes and stairways or going around the shoplots area looking for food. One good place u can try to look for her is at the nearby restaurant area coz she will need to find food to eat... and those will be the nearer area she will go to.

cheers,
minglmy

(This post was edited by minglmy on Jan 4, 2005, 9:08 PM)

daws

Jan 4, 2005, 11:51 PM

Post #7 of 21 (2280 views)
Shortcut

Yea shlee hopefully someone has taken her in, so the next thing to do is a flyer blitz to inform the people around the area. NESSIE is a female min pin, color?? how do i describe? just click on the pic to c, 1 year old No mingly, no newspaper ad taken out yet. Thanks for your concern and offer to look for her, appreciate it vey much, muchos gracias. Yes it's Dr Hasnul's clinic, it's not my intention to bad mouth the clinic coz unfortunately things like this happen but if i post the name it'll be easier for people to have a rough idea of where this place is. i've just spoken to the him and he assured me that the flyers have been pasted at the security guards posts and they have photocopies made to be distributed to the neighbourhood postboxes and also informed the different council dog catchers about my missing Nessie. So i'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be some news about Nessie soon.

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Jan 5, 2005, 5:49 AM

Post #8 of 21 (2267 views)
Shortcut

Dear Daws

My hearts goes out for you when I read your thread. I understand how you feel cos my mimpin Brownie also ran away from boarding house when the gate was slightly open. Off he shoot off to the highway. It caused the person to panick and searched for Brownie in a car and at last resort they traced to my house and found Brownie sitting outside the gate. I was outstation few hundred km away! When Brownie saw the guy he ran off faster. I had to call my neighbour who had my key to open the gate and let Brownie in. (Brownie got history of "escaping stunts")Brownie had to cross 6 lanes highway to come back and traffic lights ! It is a miracle he has not even one scratch.!

Another story was someone around my area lost thier spitz mix lab during Hari raya/deepavali. It was the firecracker and firework and "Prince" darted out thru a whole and disappeared. I helped the owner to comb almost the whole area, went to Paws, called MPSJ, called the pound in PUchong etcetc... until after 10 days... the owner decided to drive to another location (far away from where he stays - industrial lots..) and it was at night and as he was driving slowly, someone scratched his car ... he wondered who... came down and it was his own dog that recognised his car...

I hope this will lift your hearts up and don't give me.. Nessie is waiting for you... I pray you find your Nessie.

I have been keeping a stray dog .. for 10 days already.. ( I hope the owner will come and take her.. she is so tamed and clean)

PIPIMOM

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 5, 2005, 5:52 AM

Post #9 of 21 (2266 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

nessie's colour is same as summer boy its called "rust n tan" or "chocolate n tan"

do keep us posted. Look at those restaurant nearby during the off peak hrs as those times she might be more daring in coming out to the open to look for food. Good luck ya !

cheers,
minglmy

daws

Jan 5, 2005, 9:43 AM

Post #10 of 21 (2249 views)
Shortcut

thanks Pipimom for sharing your story, nessie might run back if i was staying somewhere near but i stay in subang jaya and her boarding place is at kota damansara so i guess it's kinda farUnimpressed. But who knows, dog has got an amazing sense of directions so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. minglmy, thanks for helping me with the color description of Nessie. Yea i have to go back during the odd hours to try and look for her.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 5, 2005, 9:41 PM

Post #11 of 21 (2224 views)
Shortcut

daws~

hope u will find back ur pup soon.. we used to lost a cat oso, for few months time. but amazingly we found her back yesterday, relaxing at the carpark while thr r so many dogs around! best wishes 2 ur pups.

Regards,

Yang

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Jan 6, 2005, 6:23 AM

Post #12 of 21 (2202 views)
Shortcut

Daws

I pray a kind soul will find nessie and take care of nessie.

Pipimom

mutt
Dog Kichi

Jan 6, 2005, 11:27 PM

Post #13 of 21 (2172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] Runaway Nessie [In reply to] Can't Post

Damn..!!! Unsure Hope you find Nessie..sometimes its good to continue your search, by area. When I lost my DOG..I did a search and rescue thing for almost a week, area by area..Until I found him in some GOOD OL' Samaritan's house. 1 Week!...never give up..there is always Hope.

BTW what did you do to that Kennel Dude who, lost Nessie.Mad

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Jan 7, 2005, 5:41 AM

Post #14 of 21 (2162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mutt] Runaway Nessie [In reply to] Can't Post

Mutt

It is not me that lost Nessie lah! It is Daws. I hope Daws make a complaint so that compensation can be made. I am sure the boarding house shd have insurance. So pity... Daws needs our moral support.

Pipimom

mutt
Dog Kichi

Jan 7, 2005, 6:28 AM

Post #15 of 21 (2155 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] Runaway Nessie [In reply to] Can't Post

Halamk!!...wrong number!! hehe..

Sly

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Jan 7, 2005, 6:36 AM

Post #16 of 21 (2154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mutt] Runaway Nessie [In reply to] Can't Post

Mutt is so cute... his/her lopsided grin reminds me of my lovely furbabe PIPI..who is now in Rainbow Bridge.Hope to meet Mutt on K9 day!

Pipimom

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 7, 2005, 5:07 PM

Post #17 of 21 (2142 views)
Shortcut

Any latest news abt nessie ?

cheers,
minglmy

daws

Jan 8, 2005, 1:37 AM

Post #18 of 21 (2112 views)
Shortcut

Hi minglmy, NO news so farUnimpressed i was very busy the last few days so i didn't go back to the scene. i'll check it out again this weekend. What can i do to the kennel boy? i don't know if he's new or just don't understand dogs or else he would have try to corner Nessie and try to chase it towards the clinic instead of away from it. Anyway thanks all for your suggestions. I'll certainly continue searching for her. The doctor did mention replacing another min pin in the event my Nessie can't be located but it's not the same

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 11, 2005, 5:43 AM

Post #19 of 21 (2038 views)
Shortcut

Try to check out the PAWS and the SPCA..u might not know what u might found :)

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

beyond

Jan 15, 2005, 5:08 AM

Post #20 of 21 (1998 views)
Shortcut

THe kennel boy shouldnt have 'walked' so many dogs at one go...Hope u will find ur doggie back soon!

daws

Jan 17, 2005, 9:16 AM

Post #21 of 21 (1980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beyond] Runaway Nessie [In reply to] Can't Post

well unfortunately he did and the outcome was a runaway doggie, it's been 2 and a half weeks now and sadly no news about NessieUnsure and i don't think i want a replacement. I'm too sad to get another one.Frown

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my