Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
My little norty girl!

ally_py

Mar 3, 2003, 5:57 PM

Post #1 of 18 (1551 views)
Shortcut
My little norty girl! Can't Post

Hello, everyone!

Still remember that I tould u all I want to have a Shih Tzu? Yup. I got it now. She a 2 1/2 months, very very norty girl, and I use to call her FreeWay. I just bring her back last Saturday, and I bring her to my bf's house. At 1st, she live in her cage very quitely and didn't norty at all. But yesterday we give her sleep in our bed and didn't let her go back to her cage, now.... she don wan to live inside anymore. Another thing is, now she's move to my house, the real home! But she seem like very unhappy, when I put her into the cage, she cry! How can I take care of her? I need to go for work. and there's no body at home.

Another thing is, she very like to bite ppl's hand and leg. I really nak pengsan here. I dunno how to teach her, coz I really don like to scould her, I scare she'll hate me then. What should I do? Anybody pls help me!CrazyUnsure

jay_owl

Mar 3, 2003, 6:12 PM

Post #2 of 18 (1549 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ally_py] My little norty girl! [In reply to] Can't Post

CUTE~~~~~~~ i just can't resist puppy at all~~~~~~
n congratulations to u!

well, u r facing the same problem like my fren, she just kept an english cocker spaniel puppy, n facing some behaviour problem too. I think the puppy hav to b trained from young, otherwise he/she won't start rite, n u'll suffer when the stubborn/tough character is built when he/she turns to b an adult. of coz it's not easy to scold at the puppy, especially when u look into their adorable eyes... but i guess we just hav to be abit cruel "sometimes", for the sake of "better tomollow" for all parties.. Smile

u hav any pet shop or vet tht can do half day borading for u? mayb can negotiate a good price if u bring ur pup their for half day, n u supply ur own food. but make sure ur puppy oredi vaccinated...

all in all, congrats again, i'm just too envy of u guys there tht having puppy/ies at the moment! sign... wat can i say, puppy is the cutest thing in the whole worldSmileSmileSmile

cheers

j Smile wong

lulugurl
ALPHA

Mar 3, 2003, 9:05 PM

Post #3 of 18 (1541 views)
Shortcut

helloo, congrats to you on getting yourself a dog. In Penang, i know of pet shops that offers boarding services but for a long period. For daily, i dunno lo Unimpressed

i think most of us here also leave our kids at home alone when we are out working. Maybe you can ask for advice on the safety and also wats the best way to keep ur dog home alone...Smile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

kingkong
Canine Addict

Mar 3, 2003, 9:32 PM

Post #4 of 18 (1537 views)
Shortcut

yupe i remember u.... congrat...finally u got yr puppy.... well... that's wat a puppy behave.... an untrained little cutty. so i guess u just need 2 go through all this stage la.... she will learn from time to time...... be patient la....

i find that dogs r hardly found in penang recently. donno why.... just visit few pet shops in penang, look like all the cage r empty. u r lucky to find a dog u like..... congrat again.....

Regards,
Eric with Sushi, a long-coat chihuahua.

dick
Novice

Mar 3, 2003, 9:36 PM

Post #5 of 18 (1537 views)
Shortcut

hi. when a pups goes to a place... he or she will wan to go there again. especially ur room as that is the most safest place in the pups mind. coz i faced the same pb too. so now he sleep in the bedroom and play in the living hall. Cool
regards,

dick & bobbie

ally_py

Mar 4, 2003, 1:14 AM

Post #6 of 18 (1531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dick] My little norty girl! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, dick.

so, when is the right time to take her for a training? i mean taking course or training. she really very norty. she always like to call u up, and after that she sleep back, very kacau.dunno until when she will really understand me.Crazy

ally_py

Mar 4, 2003, 1:31 AM

Post #7 of 18 (1528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] My little norty girl! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, eve.

yup, i got some questions to ask u. when should i start to give my FreeWay go to obedience training? did ur's also go for training now? my pup always like to invite ppl playing with her, she's very noisy. especially at 5 of the morning! at that time, she's wake up, then eat, and then....... make her 'kuih', after that...... ha ha.... she will play with u, if u don wan to play, she'll barke. aiyo........ if every morning also like that, how i'm gonna sleep? did u got this experience before?Crazy

lulugurl
ALPHA

Mar 4, 2003, 1:34 AM

Post #8 of 18 (1528 views)
Shortcut

sorry to interrupt, but i would suggest that you take her to training after her 3rd jab just to prevent her from getting unwanted disease.You can also start training her at home when you are feeding here. Most of the dogs will do anything and also learn fast when they are hungry and see food in front of themSmile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

dick
Novice

Mar 4, 2003, 1:45 AM

Post #9 of 18 (1524 views)
Shortcut

yup...like wat lulugurl said. bring ur pup to training onli after the 3rd jabs coz the 1st jab onli have a 50/50 chance of working. Laugh my bobbie still waiting for his 1st jab. Tongue let ur pup play at home and u try ur best to teach her to behave. patience is the keyword for now. good luck.
regards,

dick & bobbie

drew
ALPHA

Mar 4, 2003, 7:11 AM

Post #10 of 18 (1521 views)
Shortcut

hi there,

sorry to interrupt also ... but jsut wanted to give some opinions ...

puppies tend to be playful ... when i got my puppies last time ... i experienced the same thing too ... when they grow bigger, this will change ... puppies need lots and lots of attention from the owner and also love and care... i haven't experienced only having one puppy but i got 2 at the same time as what you said ... no one at home ... so we got 2 pups so that they got a companion to play with when no one's at home... you should really start toilet training now at home if you want her to "poo" in the cage or where ever you want her to do her business! you can also train her tricks like "hand" "sit" and so on now also !!

so good luck on your training ! and i hope my little bit of thought might help you!

ally_py

Mar 6, 2003, 7:26 AM

Post #11 of 18 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] My little norty girl! [In reply to] Can't Post

thank you for ur opinion.

makrawl
Canine Addict

Mar 6, 2003, 6:38 PM

Post #12 of 18 (1499 views)
Shortcut

according to books, even if u let your dog to sleep with u, never sleep on the same bed as they might think they r at the same level with u and they'll start trying to overrule u and be the boss of the house! if they r, then u'll find difficulties in controling them.

lulugurl
ALPHA

Mar 6, 2003, 10:52 PM

Post #13 of 18 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] My little norty girl! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oooh...i did not know about that...jaz always sleeps with me meaning i'm the same rank as her..?? hhahaa LaughLaugh
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

jay_owl

Mar 6, 2003, 11:40 PM

Post #14 of 18 (1487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] My little norty girl! [In reply to] Can't Post

really? hmm... i used to let Cotton (my pretty mogrel princess) sleep v me n she loves to rest her head on my legs...

now no more coz sometimes she's noisy in the room, especially when i'm watching vcd, she tends to find out where the sounds come from (if tht's barking or animal hawling sounds, she became lagi restless) n she farts while sleeping at nite LaughLaughLaugh, smelly lah.

cheers

j Smile wong

ally_py

Mar 7, 2003, 12:25 AM

Post #15 of 18 (1478 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay_owl] My little norty girl! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi. what toys should i buy for her as she really like to bike things?Smile

jay_owl

Mar 7, 2003, 12:45 AM

Post #16 of 18 (1472 views)
Shortcut

hello ally_py, this is for ur reference:

i bought a few softtoys (for puppy) to keep Cotton occupied when i was off to work, n i bought a few munchies for her itchy little toothies too, Cotton liked them, mayb got quite strong smell kua... for those artificial bones i bought those v milk content one (white color, compare to those normal beige or brownish), in my personal point of view, milk is important to puppy (but not human milk product). i did some searching on the web just now, mayb this few sites can giv u some ideas, tho' it's overseas product but sometimes can get it in the pet shops here too Smile good luck.

www.petsmart.com/products/product_15474.shtml

www.doggieconnection.com/recipe/dog_pooch_munchies.html

cheers

j Smile wong

(This post was edited by jay_owl on Mar 7, 2003, 12:47 AM)

ally_py

Mar 7, 2003, 12:51 AM

Post #17 of 18 (1466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay_owl] My little norty girl! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks jay. but my pup really like to bike the things that can move. anyway, thank you for sharing ur experience with me. there's still a lot of things i need to learn, right?Smile

jay_owl

Mar 7, 2003, 12:56 AM

Post #18 of 18 (1464 views)
Shortcut

hey no prob. i'm learning too.

puppy is like tht one lah... if ur pup especially like to bite moving things, mayb u can take this as an advantage to teach her fetch (or is it he ah, solly don remember Tongue)

i tought cotton fetch using her favourite toy too. now she grew up, 4got everything oredi, n only fetch nothing but food Mad

cheers

j Smile wong

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my