always having diarrhoe and inactive

aileen100
Novice

Dec 26, 2004, 3:44 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1077 views)
Shortcut
always having diarrhoe and inactive Can't Post

Hi!

This my first time posting in this forum. I have a shihtzu of 3 months old. I've got her for a almost 3 weeks from the breeder. She is always having diarrhoe, 2 days ago she "lau sai" and 1/2 hour later she "lau sai" again with a bit of blood in it. The next day she is alright. And the following day (today) i'm seeing the same thing again! I'm worried about her! Its a long weekend break n my vet is away. I'm feeding her sciencediet but i have yet to deworm her. Could it be the reason why she is always having diarrhoe?

Lately too she had been very inactive at home. She practically sleeps the whole day. She doesn't follow me whereever i go like she used to. She just stay put n look. Could it be a symptom to her diarrhoe?

I'm getting really worried on my puppy's health. Please help!

aileen
FrownFrownFrownFrown~AILEEN~FrownFrownFrown

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Dec 27, 2004, 12:11 AM

Post #2 of 8 (1057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aileen100] always having diarrhoe and inactive [In reply to] Can't Post

this is really worrying, she is dehydrated cause of the diarrhea. don't feed her any food for 24 hours and observe her. buy glucose and feed her with glucose water so can give her some energy and also so she is not dehydrating. also you can buy flavoured 100 plus and leave it out for 30 minutes till all the gas is gone and feed it to her. don't feed too much at one time, maybe 10 teaspoon every hour.

does she have always had diarrhea ever since you got her? i don't want to assume the worst but she may have parvo virus. it has nothing to do with her de-worm. she only has had her 1st jab right? have u been bringing her out of the house for walks before her 2nd jab? is she vomitting?

there is only perhaps 3 possibility of her vomiting, 1. she may have parvo, most puppies will survive but some die due to dehydration. so there is a 50/50 chance but let's be positive. 2. she may have intestinal problems or her intestine lining is bloody that is why the blood in the poo. this could be eating bones that can cause the tear. 3. she is allergic to some ingredient in science's diet.buy a small packet of holistic kibbles or maybe ask ur petshop for a sample and feed it to her. see if she lau sai. if she doesn't, then it maybe ur food.

but as of now, don't feed her anything except 100 plus. tomorrow morning feed her small amount of chicken porridge, just rice boil with chicken bones and feed it to her. if she still have diarrhea, bring her to the vet and he may give her 1 jab and antibiotic if it's just really bad tummy ache. let's hope it's just stomachache.

aileen100
Novice

Dec 27, 2004, 3:59 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] always having diarrhoe and inactive [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kelsey!

Thanks for the advice! My vet was outstation today but he did advice to give her 100plus, and dats wat i've been doing. She's better now, she is eating compared to yesterday where she hardly ate at all. I think it could be the virus because she had some fluid coming out of her nose. I'll be taking her to her vet tomorrow to have a thorough check up! She's been having diarrhoe on and off so i hardly take her out of home anymore.

aileen

meiyoong

Dec 28, 2004, 7:26 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1020 views)
Shortcut

Hi aileen,

How is ur shih tzu now? Have she recover?

aileen100
Novice

Dec 28, 2004, 9:20 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meiyoong] always having diarrhoe and inactive [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

Sushi seems better today, she did eat her breakfast. However, i still have to break her pellets into tiny pieces for her to chew.

Are shihtzus active dogs? Mine seems to be inactive and always sleeping the whole day!!

aileen

meiyoong

Dec 28, 2004, 11:03 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1006 views)
Shortcut

Armm.......actually shih tzu does have time when they active......sometimes they likes to sleep too. Like my shih tzu, he will play around and after that he will sleep. But mostly my shih tzu likes to sleep. U must make sure that ur dog are healthy although he sleeps alot. Does ur shih tzu plays around and eat his food?

aileen100
Novice

Dec 29, 2004, 12:51 AM

Post #7 of 8 (998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meiyoong] always having diarrhoe and inactive [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello MeiYoong,

My dog is always sleeping too, I'm not sure if its because she is having diarrhoe. Before she had diarrhoe, she'll be active only for a few hours a day and she will always follow wherever i go. But lately she doesn't follow me, and when i say "come" she doesn't follow me too! She just sit and stares at me!

aileen

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Dec 29, 2004, 5:55 AM

Post #8 of 8 (993 views)
Shortcut

your shih tze sleeping could also be because of the diarrhea as she is losing fluid which cause her to be weak. i still think it's something in the kibbles cause she is still having diarrhea right?

hope she get well soon ok.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my