mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 17, 2003, 11:31 PM

Post #151 of 216 (82048 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

Elly

Guess what??Wink
we registered to this site on the same day! -- Oct 22.
I was just one hour before you!Tongue
So what do you know about MAS pet service? mind to share?
As for airfare, I paid $50 from MN to LA, then $218 from LA to KL. Have to pay for the road trip too. For other expenses, I spent $105 for vet visitaion (include check-up, health-cert, microchips,etc.). Then I have to provide the crate and bowls. Bought quite some accessories form Petsmart.

Then RM$69 for quaratine and RM$100 for grooming.

And...
lot's of snacks from US! Guess I never hak-bok my gua.... already tried my best to provide him the best i could ler....

In my impression,
just my own thoughts here.... I think JAL provides better pet service then MAS. MAS is not bad, just that they gave me the feeling of they will just treat my dog as a DOG, not like Frontier Airlines I took from MN to LA, that company really treats my dog as their customer, who paid the airfare and really get the service. at least I'm satisfied with Frontier more than MAS. Anyway, nobody abuse my mack.Tongue I'm just being too.... (that one)

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

(This post was edited by mackmack on Jan 17, 2003, 11:34 PM)

Elly
ALPHA

Feb 13, 2003, 11:46 PM

Post #152 of 216 (82026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh...so sorry for the slowwwww reply. Coz my hubby is working for MAS. I was thinking maybe he can get discounted airfare for Mack. But then...Mack is back home now!!! hahahhahahaha...Tongue

Is pretty cheap though for MH. I was surprise. We registered at the same day? That is so nice..and furthermore, we r good frens now loh...chat most of the time. hihihihihihihiLaugh

So I catch u in Msn lah...Sly

mackmack
Doggyman

Feb 14, 2003, 12:45 AM

Post #153 of 216 (82021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] HELP! [In reply to] Can't Post

Elly~~~~~~~

finally you got here?
you are very very very LATE!
Tongue

oh yeah...caongrats...finally you reached "Dog Kichi".SlySlySly

jay_owl

Feb 18, 2003, 2:09 AM

Post #154 of 216 (82005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

mack is really handsome, is he naughty? i like mischivious cheeky dogs... more fun to play with Tongue

my fren's fren owns a three-legged g-retriever, three-legged didn't stop her from being naughty n active... the name is charlotte, very lovely. too bad i don hav the pic. chorlotte's b/ground was sad, the breeder wanted to put her to sleep in a vet clinic coz she's handicapped n no buyers outhere, then this fren (of my fren) was at the clinic n she willing to adopt her~~ touching.

we need more kind-hearted ppl outhere, i've seen many abusive cases n some cruel scenes bout dogs outhere, just so sad. so i always agree spaying the pets if u r not the breeder, even if u r, pls b a responsible one.

cheers

j Smile wong

mackmack
Doggyman

Feb 18, 2003, 2:41 AM

Post #155 of 216 (82003 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jay_owl] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah~ J, thanks for your compliment!
he is very leng-chai-doi~!

hahha...i thought nobody will visit this old thread anymore?!
welcome here...Wink
hope to know you better.

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 1, 2003, 1:52 AM

Post #156 of 216 (81983 views)
Shortcut

(This post was edited by mackmack on Mar 1, 2003, 1:59 AM)
Attachments: Untitled-9.jpg (179 KB)

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 1, 2003, 2:08 AM

Post #157 of 216 (81980 views)
Shortcut

in LAX (LA international airport, with my sis & niece) on Jan 3,03.

Attachments: Untitled-3.jpg (161 KB)

Elly
ALPHA

Mar 2, 2003, 9:48 AM

Post #158 of 216 (81973 views)
Shortcut

Ying,

looks tired in the first pic. But he is seriously adorable..I bet u cried right at Lax intl airport?Tongue

But I think Mack is fine now.....hope to see him one day..Smile

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Mar 2, 2003, 2:35 PM

Post #159 of 216 (81972 views)
Shortcut

Hi yingSmile

I hope you will be reunited with soon...

I know it's just not complete without his mommy...

Wink Will certainly pray for you...
Meme

odie moves MY world!

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 5, 2003, 12:47 AM

Post #160 of 216 (81962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi meme,

I think Mack has forgotten meFrown. guess he already put me aside coz he has new buddy now! is a female white small breed dog, always stick with her....from left to right, up to down, in and out.
as long as he's happy, I'm happySmile. When i go home, then i buy him more "imported" snacks and toys to win his heart back to meTongue

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 5, 2003, 1:31 AM

Post #161 of 216 (81960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Elly~
like to stay inside his "kingdom" all the time when he was in Michigan. When i took that pic, I somehow woke him up.... so he looked tired with one eye opened onlyWink
U think I cried in LAX? HALO~ I cried inside my heart all the way from Michigan to LA lar.... and when i saw him so happy shopping in the Petsmart and Petco....aiya.... tears drop. When i was in the Minneapolis Airport, first time to send him with crate onto the aircraft, I lied on the airport hall to hug him and take pics with him.... eyes all red!Unsure
Hai......think back all the scenes now.... sob sob ler...

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Mar 5, 2003, 12:32 PM

Post #162 of 216 (81953 views)
Shortcut

Wah,new fren and female??SmileHaha..that's why this mommy jealous lor....lol..

don't worry la.... is just trying to find some fun with a FEMALE companion...haha...little romeo...so how will his birthday be celebrated? Odie will be celebrating his 2nd birthday this coming april...'dai gor chai' lor...hehe...anyhow, Odie has to go for boarding at my bf's house cuz I will be extremely busy the coming two weeks....kesian eh...but I know he sure wud miss his mommy..just like ...Wink

gurl,ttyl....get more of those peanut butter treats and beef jerky...etc etc...they won't be able to resist geh!!!hehe....talking about ' sao mai GAO sum'....hahaha

LateLaugh
Meme

odie moves MY world!

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 6, 2003, 12:05 AM

Post #163 of 216 (81940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Meme,
thought you are going home for Spring Break?

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Mar 21, 2003, 10:13 PM

Post #164 of 216 (81916 views)
Shortcut

heyhey,

Yes I did....and just came back...i was sick while in HK...but I am feeling better now...thanks to my mom's meticulous care...Smilettyl when I see ya online..

Peace to the worldWink
Meme

odie moves MY world!

llamasonic
Novice

Aug 10, 2003, 2:00 AM

Post #165 of 216 (81786 views)
Shortcut

Hello , I brought my dog from LAX to KLIA last year. It was worth it but I would not do it again especially for a young dog. Qaurantine is no fun, even for a short stint of 7 days. I would suggest giving a treatment of frontline before your dog leaves. Our dog was loaded with ticks after 7 days at KLIA qt. Also call them ALLOT ! Ask about how your dog is doing. Visit as often as you can. Visit at least twice, make sure your dog is let out to run and is not kept in pen while they clean it. My dog is twice as shy after being in quarantine, it really does affect them.

To those who are going to import a dog try doing it from a country that has no qaurantine, like NZ & AU.

I'm from northen cal bay area, where are you from?

Good Luck and all the best :)

llamasonic
Novice

Aug 10, 2003, 2:01 AM

Post #166 of 216 (81785 views)
Shortcut

Here is the my post from last year on importing

http://www.puppy.com.my/...t=search_engine#3218

mackmack
Doggyman

Aug 10, 2003, 2:43 PM

Post #167 of 216 (81772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [llamasonic] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi llamasonic~ Thanks for your sharing. I've already sent my GR home on 3rd January 2003. And he's now in KL while I'm still in the Sillicon Valley. Feel sorry for your dog's importation to M'sia. However, It wasn't that bad for my GR. Although I was not there with him along the flight from LAX to KLIA or after he went back and stayed in the quarantine station, But i did have friends to visit him everyday, walk him, feed him and asked a lot of question just to bug the workers there. only spent 5 days in the quarantine station but still ought to pay for 7 days. Right after was discharged from the station, his co-owner who in KL brought him to the groomer. After grooming, straight headed to the vet in USJ. The vet was such a nice person... he found no tick on and didn't charge for any fee... not even a single cent! You mentioned that your dog was twice as shy after the quarantine, but mack was a bit different. He acted like soooo relief and excited and of course.... HYPER after being quarantined.
Smile Anyway, welcome back to the forum~! your previous thread about sending your dog to KL does helped a lot when i first joined this forum for the sake of " 's return~".

booboo
Novice

Sep 2, 2003, 5:33 AM

Post #168 of 216 (81733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by booboo on Sep 2, 2003, 5:35 AM)

i_idnic
Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2003, 6:10 AM

Post #169 of 216 (81722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [booboo] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Do intro yourself & your furkids under member introduction with your own new thread so that we can know more about u & ur furkids....

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 3, 2003, 9:34 AM

Post #170 of 216 (81714 views)
Shortcut

Hi booboo~

please try to visit this site for more information:

Department Of Veterinary Services,
8 & 9th Floor, Wisma Chase Perdana,
Damansara Heights, Off Jalan Semantan,
50630 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : (603) 2094 0077 Fax : (603) 2094 0092

You need to get the import permit from M'sia which will valid for one month. If you are now in Australia, you may have your friends or family members to get the permit on bahalf of you, but they might need the vaccination record of your booboo.

May I know when do you plan to have the importation?

booboo
Novice

Sep 4, 2003, 1:09 AM

Post #171 of 216 (81688 views)
Shortcut

thanks for your reply, i was planing go back to M'sia with Booboo on 13 Dec, then return on 3 Feb 2004. Actually, i know Thai airline and S'pore airline, they are allowed dog travel with the owner in the same flight, but i'm not sure for Mas airline, i couldn't find the information on website.. Can i apply the import permit online or not?

Actually, i'm not familiar how to use this website.. like how to upload my dog picture to the member galleries, can you be albe to tell me how to do it?

Thanks for your time..

booboo
Novice

Sep 4, 2003, 1:14 AM

Post #172 of 216 (81685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [i_idnic] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there..

can you please tell me how to do it? cos i don't know how to use this site.. i totally get lost in this site..
and how to upload my dog picture to the gallery, do i need to pay for it?

thanks for ur help...Laugh

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 4, 2003, 3:23 AM

Post #173 of 216 (81680 views)
Shortcut

A good thing that you travel with your pet form Aussie is: BooBoo doesn't need to be quarantined upon arrival~Smile

MAS airlines do allow pets in cabin depends on its size. You may check their universal website instead of the M'sia site (without the .my). I would suggest you to call up the airlines customer service for more details. You chould be able to get the number from Yellow Pages rite? if not, just call the airport counter and ask them to direct you to the rite person for such Q&A.

The import permit form can be downloaded form the website but it must be applied IN m'sia. You may try to call the authority for the details.

By the way, to upload photos in the gallery, you may got "PHOTO GALLERY" and sign up a membership there. I think you have to wait for the approval to join, get the password, then only able to upload photos. (anyone to correct me if i'm wrong~)

booboo
Novice

Sep 4, 2003, 4:13 AM

Post #174 of 216 (81679 views)
Shortcut

thanks for your information, for the photo upload, is that for free, or i need to pay?

mackmack
Doggyman

Sep 4, 2003, 4:14 AM

Post #175 of 216 (81677 views)
Shortcut

It's FREE.Smile but everytime u upload pics in there, they will need to be approved by the webmaster first. So it may take sometimes to "view" them in the gallery~

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my