Bobbie is having diarrhea....:(

jomeng
Dog Kichi

Feb 27, 2003, 5:08 PM

Post #1 of 11 (1290 views)
Shortcut
Bobbie is having diarrhea....:( Can't Post

hie everybody...

it's me again...Unsure..My ECS pup (bobbie)-6weeks old had diarrhea too!...awww. Lots of problems after bringing him back home. Firstly, it was ear mites problems, then itchiness on his body..and yesterday, he had diarrhea..till this morning. It's watery with his poo. He still eats, play and sleeps normal. What could this be huh?...I'm really worried and devastated Unsure...Poor bobbie, after we took him in, lots of problems happening to him...Frown

dick, jomeng & bobbie

elizatye
K9 Senior

Feb 27, 2003, 6:40 PM

Post #2 of 11 (1283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jomeng] Bobbie is having diarrhea....:( [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Are you changing a new brand of kibbles for him. When I first time change new brand for Yippi, he got this problem too. I bought him to vet and the vet said he is fine and healthy. If he is active as usual, it is fine for him. After two days, he recovered already. If you are really worried about it, just bring him to the vet.

Smile Eliza

wlaiwan
Dog Kichi

Feb 27, 2003, 10:44 PM

Post #3 of 11 (1269 views)
Shortcut

You can try giving bobbie probiotics (lactobacillus) for diarrhea.

Or you may also try this: provide only liquid for 24 hours and usually the situation will resolve itself. A few months ago, my brother's pup had diarrhea and we fed him only liquid - 100 plus (for dogs) and some glucose. Is bobbie vomitting as well? If he is then you can't feed liquid.

If the situationis severe, i'd say take bobbie to the vet :)

jomeng
Dog Kichi

Feb 28, 2003, 6:41 PM

Post #4 of 11 (1257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wlaiwan] Bobbie is having diarrhea....:( [In reply to] Can't Post

Bobbie's dung is juz watery. I dun think dat's diarrhea rite?...he only do his business as usual but his dung is watery. I juz brought him to the vet yesterday..and the vet said probably bobbie ate sumthing dirty and his still young and sensitive intestines tends to be noti Crazy...and ended up with watery dung Tongue...but, bobbie still needs to take the anti-diarrhea medicines and a liquid type medicine to help to improve digestion Smile. Hopefully bobbie will get well soon!

dick, jomeng & bobbie

wlaiwan
Dog Kichi

Feb 28, 2003, 6:59 PM

Post #5 of 11 (1255 views)
Shortcut

A few months ago, Sidnee also has some gel-like substance in her stool. She often licks her paws and because she was suffering from skin problems, she got some bacteria in as well, so it sort of upsets her stomach and she passes them as gel-like stools.

How long has it been like dat?

Regards
wlaiwan & sidnee

jomeng
Dog Kichi

Feb 28, 2003, 7:36 PM

Post #6 of 11 (1251 views)
Shortcut

Erm... it's been past 3 days...Frown...poor bobbie

dick, jomeng & bobbie

wlaiwan
Dog Kichi

Mar 3, 2003, 7:48 PM

Post #7 of 11 (1236 views)
Shortcut

How's Bobbie now?
Diarrhea may also be a sign of stress. If Bobbie has been having diarrhea for 3 days' then you should be careful there's no dehydration.
Did the vet say anything?

dick
Novice

Mar 3, 2003, 11:51 PM

Post #8 of 11 (1231 views)
Shortcut

hi.... bobbie is getting better now. his stool back to normal. no more watery n gel like.Angelic i fed him can food on saturday night. the sunday back to normal food. i oso make sure he drinks plenty of water. so hopefully... the stool is still normal when i go back home later after work. Laugh

anyway.... bobbie belongs to me and jomeng.
regards,

dick & bobbie

jomeng
Dog Kichi

Mar 5, 2003, 5:41 PM

Post #9 of 11 (1221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dick] Bobbie is having diarrhea....:( [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughYeah..Bobbie belongs to me and dick

Bobbie is back to normal condition. But he's still very naughty....loves to bite our legs and other stuffs!..Crazy..Duno what to do with him yet! Scolded him, whacked on his leg...but to no avail....sigh~....any good suggestions to teach my lil noti bobbie to be good?...

dick, jomeng & bobbie

johnaricka
Novice

Mar 6, 2003, 10:27 PM

Post #10 of 11 (1213 views)
Shortcut

What are mites? My seven week old boxer sometimes scratches and I know she doesnt have fleas since she is on Advantage. She was given a clean bill of health before we took her home.
My pup, Emma had runny stools too but I think I was giving her more wet food than the breader was giving her and I was told that it can do that do her.

jomeng
Dog Kichi

Mar 7, 2003, 12:07 AM

Post #11 of 11 (1204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnaricka] Bobbie is having diarrhea....:( [In reply to] Can't Post

Mites are not fleas nor kutu! Tongue..My bobbie is having ear mites. The vet took a close look inside his ear and I saw white mites crawling in his ear drums which causes him to itch. Well, after that, the vet gave us a ear drop medication for bobbie to kill those ear mites....and it's been over the past 1 week already and I dun really see bobbie scratching that often liau although we still continue giving him the ear drops medication. But other that that, bobbie loves to nibbles his leg..and scratching his body. He's having major scaling....which is caused by dry skin...and once he scratch, there will be like white flakes that eventually looks like dandruff Crazy..He's on medicated shampoo as well...and I hope he will recover soon Smile..Hopefully this will help abit.

dick, jomeng & bobbie

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my