Home: Breed Specific: Utility Group:
BIte,Bite!!

jackielow
Novice

Dec 23, 2003, 5:17 PM

Post #1 of 20 (2673 views)
Shortcut
BIte,Bite!! Can't Post

My 4.5months MS starts to have the habit of biting my slipper and he will hide it..somewherela!when i confronted him ,he give me that 'not my fault..i am innocence' look and ran away..he also loves chewing that josstick(hiong) that the chinese used for praying!!!he did it when i miss that one second look at him(that was fast..) the next thing you can see his nose and mouth is covered with the ashess..huh.I almost pengsan.any advice??Crazy

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 23, 2003, 6:15 PM

Post #2 of 20 (2668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jackielow] BIte,Bite!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, there

You may like to try to spray anti-chew spray that you can obtain from pet shop. This kind of bitter spray leaves an unpleasant yet harmless taste to discourage licking, chewing and biting.

It works for my doggies and hope it could help you as well!

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 23, 2003, 6:31 PM

Post #3 of 20 (2666 views)
Shortcut

yeah, like melissa said get the stuff....or cheaper solution is to pour/spray some vinegar to the stuff that u don't want ur pup to chew on.

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

jackielow
Novice

Dec 23, 2003, 6:49 PM

Post #4 of 20 (2662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rebooto] BIte,Bite!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Winkmm..my friend said the ame thing:vineger.mm,i think i will go down to supermarket and get it 2day(watchout..young dog!mummy found the solution..hahaha) anyway thanks for the advice.Chiao!

woof woof..

jackielow
Novice

Dec 23, 2003, 6:52 PM

Post #5 of 20 (2661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melissa] BIte,Bite!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i think i will try both,the spray that u said and the vineger too!!
thanks...

woof woof

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 23, 2003, 10:55 PM

Post #6 of 20 (2654 views)
Shortcut

yeah..they don't like the smell of awful stuff...that is why vinegar is good enough...

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 24, 2003, 1:49 AM

Post #7 of 20 (2650 views)
Shortcut

Vinegar should be cheaper, so Jackie might like to try this out first!

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 24, 2003, 4:30 PM

Post #8 of 20 (2649 views)
Shortcut

yeah, its just few dollar a bottle and just pour some into a spray bottle...add water so make it a bit mild at 1st....if he still bite...then put pure 100% vinegar...kekekeke SlySlySlySly

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

jackielow
Novice

Dec 30, 2003, 6:16 PM

Post #9 of 20 (2641 views)
Shortcut

i tried the vinegar..somehow it works and NOT!!The fellow don't like the smell:(he went away,came back again and bite!!hhhh!!i tried apple cider too, i think he likes it instead!!I haven't try the Spray ..will do it..now lets go to PLAN B>>

jackielow

woof woof

rebooto
ALPHA

Dec 30, 2003, 6:37 PM

Post #10 of 20 (2640 views)
Shortcut

hmm guess ur pup is really a degil 1....hehehe

yeah, get the spray...its super bitter and smelly...100% they don't like it...Wink

Cheers always!

...()"""()
("( 'o^ )")
-rEbOoTo-

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 30, 2003, 11:22 PM

Post #11 of 20 (2636 views)
Shortcut

Hey there!

Did you try 'fung yaw' (minyak angin)? I pour some on the furnitures and my pups didn't bite, so hope it works for you Cool.

jackielow
Novice

Dec 31, 2003, 12:53 AM

Post #12 of 20 (2635 views)
Shortcut

what??fong yau?? you sure it works?It sounds hot to me!!YOu are right ! He is a very,super ,absolutely degil,stubborn puppy.I even called him donkey sometime!! And guess what :he look at me and bark!!

JackieLow

woof woof

melissa
ALPHA

Dec 31, 2003, 1:12 AM

Post #13 of 20 (2633 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha, u hv a cute pup and knows to complain ler.

Ya, it works for my pups, they didn't bite the furniture at that spot again and my furnitures survive until today Cool.

However the smell of Minyak angin will disapear quite fast and you need to pour frequently.

jackielow
Novice

Jan 16, 2004, 5:11 PM

Post #14 of 20 (2612 views)
Shortcut

Help,my puppy can't just stop biting AGAIN.itried everything from apple cider to vineger to bitter spray,fong yao ..everything..if i spray the spot that he bite, he will bite another place,then later come back again... ,i really pengsan!he is changing his baby teeth..i bought lots of toys for him,i guess he prefer to bite others.

One more serious thing!Piratehe barks and cries at night!So i bought him up to sleep inside the room and he starts bitting my books in the middle of the night!!I was so mad that I wanted to shout at him the next morning but when i saw his cute cute face,I was SPEECHLESS!It's like torn between two lovers!

We have to take turn to sleep at the sofa downstairs due to this .Its not going to work in a long run!!Both of us are tired. Esspecially me.(CNY is comin..lots of thing to clear up).my house looks like a mess now.Everything have to lift up 1 metre and above.he can jump on to the sofa which make thing more difficult..Huh I probally would buy muzzle for him ..

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Nov 22, 2004, 7:23 AM

Post #15 of 20 (2496 views)
Shortcut

hey, maybe u think fung yaw works, but if ur puppy suddenly go n bite leh? the fung yaw dunno poisonous or not wor... maybe harmful wor... i guess u better use tye spray lor...

wais81
Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2004, 6:54 PM

Post #16 of 20 (2483 views)
Shortcut

helo,

just my opinion, well forget all these spray if ur dog is so stubborn, i guess u must have spoiled ur dog. wat i suggest you to do is to find his fav toy. whenever u see him biting ur furnitures, "hiong" and all chase after him and scold him u can also give him a little smack on his buttocks. then give him his toy to chew on. sayang him once he chew his own toy. this will make him learn to recognise wat to bite and wat not to bite. it takes patience for this to work. remember do not spoil ur dog too much, they will get over ur head and be stubborn next time. show him who is the master. a little scolding and smacking won;t hurt the dog. don't worry. one more thing make sure when u scold ur doggie, say "NO" or Bad boy in a stern voice tone. doggie dun really comprehend words u say, they just recognises ur tone, where else sayang him in a light and gentle voice. oki, hope it helps

regards

Christopher

jackielow
Novice

Nov 25, 2004, 10:28 PM

Post #17 of 20 (2466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wais81] BIte,Bite!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey..thanks for the advice..well maybe you are right.we spoilt the dog too much.I do smack him once a while.Things are slightly getting better,but we have to keep an eye on him.If we are around,we can do it for sure but what if we are not around?

He has so many toys,..to play with but he did it for attention sometimes.Eversince we have dog,the word:NO and BAD BOY/GIRL had been repeated every single day that sometimes I wonder whether our neighbour will scratch their head thinking whats going on....

wais81
Enthusiast

Nov 26, 2004, 7:17 PM

Post #18 of 20 (2459 views)
Shortcut

hello again,

since he has so many toys, encourage him to play with them. toss it around and let him go chasing after it. after a while your dog will bring the toy to you and ask you to play with him if he wants attention. thats what happen to my doggies. Well if your not around keep him in a designated place where there is nothing much for him to destroy or bite. let him out when u r home and keep a close eye on him.

Christopher

dugong86
Novice

Dec 1, 2004, 4:22 PM

Post #19 of 20 (2446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wais81] BIte,Bite!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, just wanted to give my opinion...yeah, i agree that dogs cannot be spoilt too much. my shih tzu use to enjoy bitting everybody's slippers and my mother's plants, but we smacked her every time she did that and now she doesnt even bother doing it anymore. you basically need to be stern and make it clear that it is wrong.
lYdiA & rAScaL

Sydney
Doggyman

Apr 25, 2005, 5:36 AM

Post #20 of 20 (2352 views)
Shortcut

Well, u can try 2 put him in a cage or train it not 2 bite bite the things u haveSmile

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my