Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
My golden - Pepper

angsh25
Novice

Nov 21, 2004, 7:41 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1095 views)
Shortcut
My golden - Pepper Can't Post

Hi..tis is Pepper... when she 3 months OLD..

by the way anyone thinks that dogs should socialize ?
Attachments: Resize of 122_2218.JPG (90.0 KB)

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 22, 2004, 8:49 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [angsh25] My golden - Pepper [In reply to] Can't Post

i definetely agree that dogs should socialize so they are not scared when they are older or even become aggressive.

dogs should be socialize at a young age and introduce to other animals and also other people.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 23, 2004, 5:46 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1064 views)
Shortcut

hi angsh25

i also agree on the fact that dogs should be socialize when they r small. this is what i gain from experience. when i first bought my beagle into my house, and have not bring him outside for a walk not for socialize, he is timid, scared of noises, vehicles and any dogs. After few times i brought him for socialize with the lovely dogs in jungle trek, he became better and no more timid, unafraid of noises and vehicles, and very happy to see dogs also..

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 23, 2004, 5:47 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1054 views)
Shortcut

u can start slow, introduce her to ur other pets if you have others.

also get ur aunty or grandma to visit or go visit them. let her be exposed to children if u wish to have a baby in future. goldens are generally good with kids. let her hear babies crying, children shouting or playing.

music, vehicles, TV, you whispering, whistle, bells, other dogs barking. when there is thunder and lighting, see her reaction, if she is scared, don't say ohh it's ok..instead distract her with a toy..

hope this helps..my goldie was introduce to the sound of a newborn baby crying..she was amused and wanting to find the sound but after a week, she got used to it. i have also dropped my oven tray to make a loud noise, before she used to run from it, now ok already.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my