Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
A New CKCS saying hello!

jasmine82ng
Novice

Nov 18, 2004, 5:24 AM

Post #1 of 15 (1895 views)
Shortcut
A New CKCS saying hello! Can't Post

Hi all! I'm a new user here... So glad I found a CKCS forum...

I'm currently in California... I just got my puppy like two months back.. she's a pure breed CKCS... her name's Jewelz.. she four months old now...

She's such a darling! And a really smart one too!

I was just wondering, does anyone know how well this breed adapt to the hot weather in M'sia? I'm thinking of going back to M'sia for good, but I'm not sure how she'll (Jewelz), will do there...

Really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice....

Cheers all~~
-Jasmine-

(This post was edited by jasmine82ng on Nov 18, 2004, 5:31 AM)
Attachments: xx.JPG (62.1 KB)

DogFancy
Novice

Nov 18, 2004, 5:35 AM

Post #2 of 15 (1863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jasmine82ng] A New CKCS saying hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Jasmine. Is your dog a king charles spaniel??Smile

JolinG
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2004, 5:44 AM

Post #3 of 15 (1857 views)
Shortcut

hie jasmine

as u can see we have a ckcs thread

and all our ckcs adapt well to msian weather.....

3 were from overseas country..initially they shed a lil bit...but now their okay Smile

do add ur name in the ckcs thread

JolinG
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2004, 5:46 AM

Post #4 of 15 (1856 views)
Shortcut

any queries bout ckcs pls direct them at the ckcs thread....

welcome on board WinkWink

Riccaval
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2004, 6:05 AM

Post #5 of 15 (1848 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jasmine.......glad u joined us. Do include the details of Jewelz in the ckcs thread.

Some sort of database for ckcs owners in this forum. enjoy

And dont worry about the weather here, ur Jewelz will adapt.

DogFancy
Novice

Nov 18, 2004, 6:19 AM

Post #6 of 15 (1846 views)
Shortcut

Hi, all. Can you all see my message??Crazy

Riccaval
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2004, 6:27 AM

Post #7 of 15 (1838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DogFancy] A New CKCS saying hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

yup we saw ur message. Jasmine's Jewelz is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

A King Charles Spaniel is smaller in size and has a more up turn nose and a dome head.

crazypuggy
Novice

Nov 18, 2004, 6:43 AM

Post #8 of 15 (1829 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Happy to hear that you can get a puppy. I am going to get a puppy soon, and i will consider pug at first because pug can adapt well in apartment life. May I know how is the CKCS characteristic and temperment? I think CKCS also can adapt apartment life,right? Is she noisy with bark? What is your opinion if i wanna take CKCS?

Thanks.

Crazypuggy

JolinG
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2004, 11:58 AM

Post #9 of 15 (1821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazypuggy] A New CKCS saying hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

hie..ckcs is a indoor breed..

yups they dont bark unnessacarily..at least all of our dogs dont do that...*we have quite a number*

and its perfect for apartment...as long as it has a place to pee n poo and sleeps with u on ur bed or anywhere near u would be fine . small to medium in size u can carry it in and out or ur place...

its has a calm tempremant.....and happy go luckily cavalier attitude *thats where part of its name came from*

loves to be near human companion...after all the purpose of this breed is for companionship

n give it a daily comb thru the dogs hair is enuff...fuss free........not known for skin problems unlike some other breed.....just have to worry bout its ears since its flap down .just check it more regularly incase of moisture being retained in it. Smile

hope this helps u ....anymore quries pls dont hesistate to ask

cheers mate

jasmine82ng
Novice

Nov 18, 2004, 4:11 PM

Post #10 of 15 (1816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] A New CKCS saying hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey all...

thanks so much for the quick replies... now i don't hafta worry abt Jewelz being hot in M'sia...

A few more Qs..

Jewelz is registered with AKC (American Kennel Club).. is it recognized in M'sia? I mean like are there any benefits or anything like that back home?

And also.. I know I probably sound stupid... eheh but erh.. does public places in M'sia such as Lake Garden and or Bintang Walk allow dogs? Cos I know Malays are not allowed to touch dogs or sumtin like that... will this be a problem? cos i don't wan her to be trapped only at home and in the streets of Cheras (that's where i live Crazy)
-Jasmine-
Attachments: x.JPG (70.1 KB)

jasmine82ng
Novice

Nov 18, 2004, 4:19 PM

Post #11 of 15 (1812 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazypuggy] A New CKCS saying hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't really know much about CKCS cos Jewelz is my first puppy really.. eheh

But this one's a really good girl... She doesn't bark (only at my boyfriend's basketball cos it's sp big and when it rolls towards her, she thinks it's trying to attack her or something... hahah) she's stand up and give a tiny whine when she wants attention or to play... she learned to potty at her potty pads really quick... i'd say she's about 95% potty trained now... Laugh

she also knows that her bed is "her bed" and knows to go sleep there during the day... but haha she's so spoilt she wants to sleep on our bed every night! she jumps on our bed when we go to bed... if not she'll stay on her own bed...

the only problem i have wit her is eating... sometimes she eats on her own... but sometimes, she refuses to eat if we don't sit with her while she eats.. Frown which breaks my heart cos she gets hungry but our trainer told us that we can only leave the food out for 1/2 hr and if she doesn't eat then we must take the food away...

well yeah... that's pretty much it about my CKCS.. eheh would love to learn more! =)

peace out
-Jasmine-

JolinG
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2004, 4:23 PM

Post #12 of 15 (1811 views)
Shortcut

hello!

well public places like coffee houses and all ..SOMe dont allow..some do!...u have to scout around for which places allow these dogs. try the dog friendly places thread...theres list of dog friendly place

plus places like bintang walk and all SO busy.....and lot of ppl who might frown upon a dog being there

take her to some quite places ...and sometimes we have dog gathering and u can join us and sosialize with all of them.

AKC is recognisze by MKA.....benefits of it.....shows lineage and everything.......but other then that..its just a means of recognition its a pure breed dog. well wat excat benefit do u want to know

jasmine82ng
Novice

Nov 19, 2004, 4:02 PM

Post #13 of 15 (1776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] A New CKCS saying hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaah i dun reli know wut "benefits" i'm looking for... lol just asking if there's an advantage... dun reli know much abt all these things...

like i said, jewelz is my first baby... eheh so here i am learning... thanx for the dog-friendly places tip tho... reli appreciate it.. gonna go check it out... =)
-Jasmine-

DogFancy
Novice

Nov 21, 2004, 8:32 PM

Post #14 of 15 (1753 views)
Shortcut

Can anyone please tell me what is the difference between a cavaliar

king charles spaniel and a king charles spaniel?? I'm confuse here..Unsure

Riccaval
ALPHA

Dec 17, 2004, 7:46 AM

Post #15 of 15 (1683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DogFancy] A New CKCS saying hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

hello DogFancy........miss ur post. anyway u can see the difference between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (CKCS) and a King Charles Spaniel (KCS) by checking the following links

http://www.puppy.com.my/breed/cavalier.html

http://www.akc.org/...es_spaniel/index.cfm

http://www.akc.org/...oy_spaniel/index.cfm (King Charles Spaniel is also known as English Toy Spaniel)

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/englishtoyspaniel.htm

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/...ngcharlesspaniel.htm

hope this clear ur doubts

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my