check-up schedule

tracky
Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2004, 6:28 AM

Post #1 of 12 (3155 views)
Shortcut
check-up schedule Can't Post

check up schedule

1st mth: 1st vaccination (AVG RM45-RM65)

2nd mth:2nd vaccination (AVG RM45-RM65)

3rd mth:3rd vaccination (AVG RM45-RM65)

then

every year hav 1 injection(but wat injection?) + De-worm

is it the check up schedule? any other missed?

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 22, 2004, 9:28 PM

Post #2 of 12 (3136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] check-up schedule [In reply to] Can't Post

now they introduce to also shot for corona vaccine. this plus the 6+1 is about RM65 - RM75.

the yearly injection is booster shot for the 6+1, cause some vet think need the yearly for prevention, but experts now think u can scrap this as it's useless. normally the 6+1 shot will last 6 - 7 years or even a lifetime.

i suggest before u opt for annual shot, give ur dog a blood test and see if he is still immune to the disease if not, then give shot, if he is, then no need to give the booster shot.

deworming is done once a month for pup and sometimes 3 months once. heavily infested pup is once a month. older dogs are once in 6 months.

tracky
Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2004, 6:01 AM

Post #3 of 12 (3127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] check-up schedule [In reply to] Can't Post

oic..

is there anyway to prevent tick/lick?

injection?or pill? or traditional way ->take bath with conditional shampol?

the best way to prevent lick/tick?

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 23, 2004, 5:06 PM

Post #4 of 12 (3116 views)
Shortcut

well i read most here use a product called frontline. u may want to check it out

tracky
Enthusiast

Nov 24, 2004, 6:15 AM

Post #5 of 12 (3103 views)
Shortcut

my friends told me that "GARLIC" can prevent tick/lick!!!

puppy can eat garlic?

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 24, 2004, 4:22 PM

Post #6 of 12 (3094 views)
Shortcut

yes garlic can prevent flea but too much garlic can be dangerous for dogs & puppy.

i prefer to finely grind 1 piece of garlic in a pot of chicken stock and give my doggie her kibbles mix with chicken stock.

check out www.landofpuregold.com or www.lacetoleather.com for more info. landofpuregold has some home made recipes for treats.

tracky
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2005, 7:47 AM

Post #7 of 12 (2893 views)
Shortcut

i found that my pipy's vac card

showing that the next vac is another 1 yrs after the previous vac date

e.g.

11/04 so next vac 11/05 (3 baby injection)

is it i no need to apply deworm for him every 3mths?

i thik i better call up the vac..

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 25, 2005, 4:54 PM

Post #8 of 12 (2877 views)
Shortcut

deworming is different from vaccination.

yes u still need to de-worm him every 3 months. you have to understand the vaccination is to protect him for disease like distemper, parvo and such. deworming is to get hookworm, tapeworm, ringworm etc out from him. de-worming DO NOT cover heartworm, so there is separate tablet for this ie heartgard.

there is a lot of talk about annual vaccination if its really necessary. your vet will say its necessary, then again ur vet is also in business. yes he should care for your dog but we are bred to trust our doctors too. so if u r wary, do a blood test on ur dog 1 month prior to the annual vacc. you can determine if he still have imunnity for distemper & parvo, if has, then no need to jab, if no, then jab lah.

hope this enligthens you.

tracky
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2005, 6:17 AM

Post #9 of 12 (2838 views)
Shortcut

ya!get it..!!! abt the De-Worm

13/11/04 so Next will be 13/02/05?

how old r ur GR already?

tq

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 29, 2005, 4:07 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2830 views)
Shortcut

yes de-worming every 3 months. but there are some that say puppies under 6 months should be de-wormed every month. but i am sticking to de-worm every 3 months. you dont have to be right on the date for de-worming. i'd rather de-worm my dog on the last weekend prior to the de-worm date cause then i can monitor her.

my GR is 27 weeks. funny, she has been de-wormed twice in the last 6 months and no worms....Crazy

tracky
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2005, 7:47 PM

Post #11 of 12 (2823 views)
Shortcut

we can send to vet there for de-worm OR buy tablet from vet...

is weight measurement important?

how u de-worm ur GR?she is so cute..

ur GR look so happy...

my friend GR also like water so much...

is it GR like to play water?

whre is GR origin from?

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 29, 2005, 9:24 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2815 views)
Shortcut

1. u can buy tablet from the vet or from pet shop. yes its very important to weigh your dog before deworming. i deworm her with tablet cause its not messy.

2. well yes she is a very happy girl. yes she loves the water. we have a big basin at home and we fill it with water and let her play with it. we also at any chance will bring her to a beach or a pool for her to swim. she was one of the pup which was swimming at the recent K9 day in Central Park BU. she has a whole lot of lovin' from us.

The Golden Retriever was first developed in the British Isles, probably from crosses between a yellow Flat-Coated Retriever, light-coated Tweed Water Spaniels, other spaniels, setters and even the Newfoundland and possibly the Bloodhound. In fact the breed was first shown as a Golden Flat-Coat. The Golden is one of the world's foremost family companion dogs. Many of the top obedience competition dogs in the country are Golden retrievers. The Golden is also a fine bird dog on both land and in the water. He has an excellent nose and has been used not only for hunting and tracking, but also for narcotics detection. Because of his great desire to please and capacity for love and learning, the Golden Retriever is also used as a guide for the blind, therapy dog, and service dog for the disabled.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my