Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
HELP! my puppy keeps vomitting!

frankyy
New User

Feb 21, 2003, 1:49 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1458 views)
Shortcut
HELP! my puppy keeps vomitting! Can't Post

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my 8wk old puppy? He vomits everyday and has hiccups twice a day. His stomach also makes loud water noises whenever he moves or is picked up. He has had his vaccinations, but I can't figure out what is wrong with him, because he's extremely active. Please help me!

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Feb 22, 2003, 12:08 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frankyy] HELP! my puppy keeps vomitting! [In reply to] Can't Post

just share my experiences happen before with JOJO

JOJO did the deworm and vaccination tog. she vomit and lou sai also. the vet ans me that may be before that the mom pass the worm to my pup. so deworm will kacau abit the stomach...(Only according to the vet say la.. just for your ref.)

U can feed him boil breast chicken meat.. make him easy digest.. if it is very serious u shoul stop feeding him a day to let him digest first..

I think the best u bring him to vet
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 26, 2003, 8:32 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] HELP! my puppy keeps vomitting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I know this hasn't been replied in some time but somebody please help me!!

My puppy was fine the whole of today but when we came back from dinner earlier we saw 4 patches of his vomit on the kitchen floor. And he looked really terrible!! Frown So after I cleaned up, I tried to give him his Vitamin and treat bickie but for the first time he didn't take it! He just looks so down..

And about half an hour after we got back he started throwing up again....5 more times! that's 9 times in less than 3 hours!! His tummy makes gurgling noise and he will just throw up and it seems like some clear bubbly stuff comes out.

He had his vaccination and deworming last Friday (21st March) and he was fine till just now. Does the medication take so long to work?? I've been feeding him Pro Plan's puppy biscuits and Eukaneba puppy treats....are those ok?

I didn't have this problem with my last puppy. Please please please....someone give me some advice. I want to take him to the vet right now but it's already 12.25am. Frown Is this normal? My poor pup looks so down and sad. *sigh* I don't think I can sleep well tonite.

ashley
ALPHA

Mar 26, 2003, 9:58 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] HELP! my puppy keeps vomitting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, how is ur Pup i think already bring him go to see Vet Dr. Tell us how is he lia ok!!Shocked hope is a small mater !! What Dr say?
~~~ AsHLeY ~~~

()""..()
("'( ,0)
( G_)

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 27, 2003, 7:01 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1382 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ashley] HELP! my puppy keeps vomitting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually when I got up this morning that little rascal was surprisingly ok!! Jumping about and looking like nothing happened the night before!! Amazing!

Actually last nite because he vomitted so many times and refused to eat I actually went out and bought glucose. I don't know if that's ok to feed to puppies but he looked so weak and I was afraid he'd get hungry so I just gave him his water with a bit of glucose.

this morning his doggie food was still there but the glucose water was gone. Dunno if that helped.

Anyway, didn't take him to the vet cause he seems ok but my mum and I are keeping him close to us all the time and we're monitoring him. He gave me quite a fright!

ckbeep

Mar 27, 2003, 10:44 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] HELP! my puppy keeps vomitting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

My Shih Tzu went form vaccination and he had no problem with his food or vommiting. But he is a bit restless for the whole day. Everytime i visited the doc, he will tell me to come back to see him if my dog is vomitting. I guess u should do that too. My Shih Tzu will be going there again next 2 months, Laugh, he just hates the place. Once he is there, he will keep quite and will not moved a muscle.

CkBeep

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 28, 2003, 10:54 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ckbeep] HELP! my puppy keeps vomitting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr first dog, Richie, used to be like that too! He hates strangers and will bark and "try" to look fierce but when I take him to the vet he'll just keep quiet and shiver a little.

I wonder if it's the smell of the vet's clinic that remind them of the jabs they will get???

But my little Sparkle is so friendly he's even making friends with the vet! (maybe he's just too young - 7 1/2 weeks). The vet likes him now and even spent some time playing with him and gave him so treats and vitamins!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my